Thread: Huge VT crit?

Huge VT crit?

Hi...
    I were waiting outside of Ulduar when I was attacked by a paladin. I threw some dots at him but my connection is pretty bad at the moment so I started running.
    All of a sudden I see a 10k crit pop up on my screen and the paladin died, and upon looking in my combatlog I see it was a Vampiric Touch crit.

What I'm wondering is if this is what they usually crit for if dispelled (I guess it was the dispel damage?)?

If not, then... well, that's just insane

He had no debuffs, I had no other buffs than my own, and it was a 1v1 fight btw.

Re: Huge VT crit?

I'm pretty sure it was dispel damage, yeah 100 % sure.

P.S i don't realy get the point of this thread , explain please .

Quote Originally Posted by joostgressie
    I'm pretty sure it was dispel damage, yeah 100 % sure.

P.S i don't realy get the point of this thread , explain please .
    He pretty clearly states his question, let me bold it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cham
    Hi...
    I were waiting outside of Ulduar when I was attacked by a paladin. I threw some dots at him but my connection is pretty bad at the moment so I started running.
    All of a sudden I see a 10k crit pop up on my screen and the paladin died, and upon looking in my combatlog I see it was a Vampiric Touch crit.

What I'm wondering is if this is what they usually crit for if dispelled (I guess it was the dispel damage?)?

If not, then... well, that's just insane

He had no debuffs, I had no other buffs than my own, and it was a 1v1 fight btw.

Obviously, he is unsure about this 10k crit and thinks it sounds its a bit wierd. He wanted other people to tell them theirs so he may compare it to his own to make sure his 10k crit wasnt some unnatural thing. Pretty simple to me.

Yes, VT can crit a lot if dispeled (my hit on 6900 on 900 resilience paladin). It's "normal" for VT to crit that much.

Sweet, thanks for answering my question!
    I thought I had encountered a bug or something at first.

They buffed the dispel damage by a lot since they realised that most people didn't even notice that VT had been given a dispel effect, the amount that it used to hit for was so low.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Holy pants! Remind me to always put up my VT and get it dispelled