Gemming Nightmare Tear, Is it Worth it?

Is it ever worth it to gem the new +10 To All Stats Nightmare Tear?

Also, I just got my first Helm with a Meta slot, What is the best meta gem for a Shadow Priest?

Thanks!

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Gemming Nightmare Tear, Is it Worth it?

Well, i can tell that for Holy i use 10Spi/10Int gems for blue sockets and have replaced one of them with a Tear. I bet one of our shadow colleagues will have an answer for you regarding that spec
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

10+ Year Old Account

Personal choice really, since the only stats you get benefit from are Intellect and Spirit (Stamina to a degree).
    There is a Green gem which gives +10 Intellect +10 Spirit so you are basically getting the same bonuses, i actually dont know which is cheaper to get made. Id say its worth it, just because of the extra Stam.
    You cant dps if youre dead.

I say it's worth it, simply because of the stamina.

this gem is the best to use if you're a holy paladin. The best meta for us is 21 int and restore mana on spellcast. It's requirement is 1 of each color.

Since we stack int, we'd only have to use 1 gem (this) instead of 2 to meet the meta requirements.

Nightmare Tear is definitely a good gem to use to meet metas (if it's 1 of each color of course)

Of course i'm a paladin not a priest, but just giving insight on why i would use it.

For Shadow, the best meta is the Chaotic Skyflare. It requires two blues, for which you should use Purified XXXX (+sp/+spi). Usually you want to use Runed in all sockets other than the two blues you use for the Purified (sometimes Potent (+sp/+crit) is good in a yellow socket with a +7 sp socket bonus).

Nightmare Tear is not worth it for Shadow, Int and Spi are both poor dps stats. It is much more valuable for plate DPS classes (who get more benefit from +10 stats than they would from +10 str/+15 sta).

Dholzer - Thanks for the info! Looking forward to upgrading.

Quote Originally Posted by wveil1
    Is it ever worth it to gem the new +10 To All Stats Nightmare Tear?

Also, I just got my first Helm with a Meta slot, What is the best meta gem for a Shadow Priest?

Thanks!
    Yes - to aid in activating meta gems.

Best meta is the CSD (21 crit, +3% crit strike damage). It takes 2 blue gems to activate, and no, Nightmare Tear is not good for this. 2 Purified purple gems of whatever the best quality you can afford are the best.

OP cannot be serious?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    OP cannot be serious?
    I hope not, I expected this to be a healer topic.

10 spirit , 10 intellect and 10 stamina on the same gem I can see as bonus for a Disciplin, and perhaps also Holy priest.

But for Shadow? NEVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    I hope not, I expected this to be a healer topic.

10 spirit , 10 intellect and 10 stamina on the same gem I can see as bonus for a Disciplin, and perhaps also Holy priest.

But for Shadow? NEVER!
    You're forgetting the 10 Strength and 10 Agility. Gotta have that Block Value for our Shields, and Dodge rating for umm.... dodging. :P
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~