Help this new Priest !

Hello there,

first i'd like to say i've never played a caster in WoW. My main has been a warrior since 04 and the only other class i've played is a paladin (ret) so i'm kind of a noob when it comes to a caster class.

I'll be disc at 80 but for now i'm shadow. I'd like to ask which addons should i get to make my life easier on heals?
    I really dont know what i should get i have a lot of addons on my warrior something around 107 addons but most of them are useless for a priest so can you guys please give me any advice what i should look for?

Re: Help this new Priest !

For healing you really just want something so you can see the whole raid, personally I used Grid.

It's very customisable, clear and easy to use.

You can get something like Clique if you want, however I personally just use Mouse over Macro's that I did myself, I find it easier.

Other than that you may want something to watch CD's, such as Pain Suppression/Power Infusion. I don't use a different addon as it's built into my Scrolling Combat Text, sort of.

I am Priest - Play Free Online Games

gravity00

Grid is a must have. Or similar add-on ofc.

I recommend Pitbull too or similar add-on. It will help you a lot with focus, tanks, main assists portraits.

Some people use healbot... I never used it and don't tend to but it's a good add-on.

And use an add-on to show dispelable deseases and magics on the raid.

My 2 cents.

If you ever want to do Shadow for endgame instances, I'd suggest getting a DoT tracker and a casting bar that tracks casting latency (Quartz being the most popular one).

Other than that, most of the stuff has been mentioned. On the rare occasions that I heal, I usually use Grid setup for a Priest (showing diseases/magic) along with Clique.

I created an account just to link this great addon I use while in Shadow spec.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ntHorizon.html

It's called event horizon and it's essentially a DOT/CD tracker for your offensive spells. I've found it a lot easier keeping my dps up using this, though I've succumbed to tunnel vision a number of times.

Id say Grid is a must.
    Personaly i find it much much better than Healbot.
    As said above, Clique is nice, also mouseover macros is a must.
    As disc its good to set a corner indicator for Weakend Soul debuff.
    You can add other corners for magis/disease debuffs etc, just play a bit with it and you will love it.

Mouseover macros will look something like that:

#showtooltip Prayer of Healing
    /cast [mod:alt,target=player] [target=mouseover,exists] [help] Prayer of Healing

So you just put mouse over grid frame, hit the binding and you are casting this spell :P It will also make cast this spell on yourself when you hold Alt key (its self-cast key by default)
    You also might want to use Power Auras if you want to track certain buffs/procs.

As for shadow you might try ForteXorcist for DoT tracking

Also I forgot, something like Decursive is a must for raiding, makes it so much easier.

As someone else mentioned a good cast bar is a must, I use Quartz, it's awesome.

I am Priest - Play Free Online Games

Wow really good answers from everyone

thanks a lot guys i'll try the things you all said and see how it works for me

thanks a lot !

I'm using IceHud for cast bar and my health and mana bars and pitbull for unitframes i'm gonna try clique and decursive and see how it works

Try VuhDo, its basically a Grid(incl Hottimer ect)+Clique+Decursive all-in-one-Addon.
    Needs some configuration but i really love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Was total fun...... the lag party on Beta Leveling 01
    Beta test report: The loading bars are working as intended. Screens look smooth and decent drawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Melnyna
    Try VuhDo, its basically a Grid(incl Hottimer ect)+Clique+Decursive all-in-one-Addon.
    Needs some configuration but i really love it.
    o.O

will try that out thx

Grid is all you need to know

Quote Originally Posted by Separate
    Grid is all you need to know
    This. Realistically, you can live without Decursive, assuming Grid shows your debuffs properly. You can live without Bartender or Bongos or whatever by setting your in-game keybindings up differently. It's not the best way, but it works. And for a lot of fights, I advocate turning off DBM's spam, and just using situational awareness (see: Your Eyes).

But I could never live without Grid. Ever.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~