15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorph View Post
    Alright, you seem pretty sure, so maybe I should just respec.
    Source though?
    Cause I can't find anything but the official statement that it works with DP from 4.0.6 patch notes. Those are getting old now though.
    It has been posted on EJ after the change went live.Also even the blizz description seems missleading if you think what the talent was doing from the beggining you will see it only affects WoG.

Eternal Glory: The chance to not consume Holy Power from this talent now also applies to not consuming the clearcasting effect generated by Divine Purpose.

It states that in addition to the chance to not consume HoPo (which only affects WoG) they also made it to have a 30% chance of not consuming the DP proc (which affects only when you use WoG).Also they have added a 15sec icd on EG after that change if i remember correct so you wont be able to chain WoG procs.

What trinket combination is preferable, the two on my armory (Impatience of Youth and DMC: Hurricane), or replacing one with a heart of rage and reforging accordingly, I get about 3 wasted expertise with the heart of rage when i reforge and switch out massacre treads for gryphon rider's boots (20 more str instead of 59 rating from reforging off expertise).

Since I can't link yet, my character is Chaôsblade on Draenor-US.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosblade View Post
    What trinket combination is preferable, the two on my armory (Impatience of Youth and DMC: Hurricane), or replacing one with a heart of rage and reforging accordingly, I get about 3 wasted expertise with the heart of rage when i reforge and switch out massacre treads for gryphon rider's boots (20 more str instead of 59 rating from reforging off expertise).

Since I can't link yet, my character is Chaôsblade on Draenor-US.
    Get rid of Hurricane and get HoR. That's what I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazak View Post
    I'm refering to the 2 str/hit gems in your hands and shoulders where you just get 10 str as bonus, the one in your chest is ok.

now 40 hit is better than 20 str, but 20 str is still a lot better than 40 mastery or even a lower 2nd stat that you would loose with reforging.

simply reforge your neck to hit instead of mastery, replace those 2 gems with pure strength and you should even get your 8% hit
    ok, analyse then:

2x 20str/20hit +20str (bonus) minus 50 mastery from neck vs 2x 40str (10 hit is debatable, because +10 hit will surely overcap me)

so I gain 20 str and loose 50 mastery, if according to redcape str has value 232 and mastery 99, then 20(str)*232 = 4640 and
    50(mast)*99 = 4950 => 4640<4950 (I am not sure whether is kings (5%) and plate specialization (5%) counted in ths coefficient, or not)

Quote Originally Posted by asmodei View Post
    ok, analyse then:

2x 20str/20hit +20str (bonus) minus 50 mastery from neck vs 2x 40str (10 hit is debatable, because +10 hit will surely overcap me)

so I gain 20 str and loose 50 mastery, if according to redcape str has value 232 and mastery 99, then 20(str)*232 = 4640 and
    50(mast)*99 = 4950 => 4640<4950 (I am not sure whether is kings (5%) and plate specialization (5%) counted in ths coefficient, or not)
    Why dont you just get license to slay and never need to worry about hit again?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by asmodei View Post
    ok, analyse then:

You are not quite right on that, let me do a quick math for you.

(20 str * 227 = 4540)+(9 hit * 172 = 1548) = 6088 vs 50 mastery * 101 = 5050

So you gain over 1000 in value, even without the 1 hit over the cap taken into account.

This is using redscape's newest statweigths of the 02/23.

Weapon Speed 187923
    Weapon DPS 862

Strength 227
    Hit rating 172
    Exp rating 125
    Crit rating 95
    Haste rating 81
    Mastery rating 101

Guys, is my dps kinda low for the gear I have? I could really use some suggestions to improve my dps. I recently went Ret MS from Prot. My armory is down below and here are some logs.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/owoom...e/?s=216&e=528 Valiona fight

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/2zg4x...=10465&e=10890 : H Conclave fight

Constructive criticism appreciated =D
    Apparently not allowed to post links yet... Virtuous Akama US

I noticed your hit and expertise aren't capped. I think you should work on getting your hit up to 8% and expertise up to 25 with your Seal of Truth Glyph. Hope that helps.

I can't post links yet either. I'm Llysa on Moonguard

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by morepanthers View Post
    I noticed your hit and expertise aren't capped. I think you should work on getting your hit up to 8% and expertise up to 25 with your Seal of Truth Glyph. Hope that helps.

I can't post links yet either. I'm Llysa on Moonguard
    26 expertise,not 25

I need to frequent the forums a bit more before I am allowed to post links, sorry for the inconvenience!!
    Nirath of Lightninghoof is my Retribution Paladin.
    How do I look?

Edit: I know that I left haste on my Ring of Rivalry, but that is because I had my expertise at 30 with my SoT activated.

You might be approaching a point where SoT can be replaced with something else just because of the gear set you have. Still, 9/10.

Looks awesome killuchen I would aim for 4pc T11 (I am :P )

Biopally - Alonsus, Eu

Biopally:

Gear - Lots of tank pieces, the purps look great on the ilvl, but the wasted stats are a big detriment to your overall dps. Also, if you're going to wait until you have an epic for your wrists to get +50 strength, I recommend using +50 attack power instead of +38 (or even use +50 hit to save some stats via reforging). Reforging priority is correct, as are the enchants aside from wrist.

Spec - Drop 2/2 E4E and pick up 1/2 in Acts of sacrifice. Being able to cleanse snares off yourself in pve is actually quite valuable and can be considerably more dps than a bit of 'ricochet' from E4E.

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/aeoniel/advanced
    Aeoniel, Mal'ganis-US

Quote Originally Posted by Aeoniel View Post
    Biopally:

Spec - Drop 2/2 E4E and pick up 1/2 in Acts of sacrifice. Being able to cleanse snares off yourself in pve is actually quite valuable and can be considerably more dps than a bit of 'ricochet' from E4E.
    There is currently not a single encounter in this tier where cleansing snares would be useful. Almost every boss has some ability that is reflectable. This was already being talked about earlier in the thread.
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

Biopally:

Thats a personal choise, eventho Eye for en Eye is a dps increase over acts of sacrifice.

Biopally:

Gear - Lots of tank pieces, the purps look great on the ilvl, but the wasted stats are a big detriment to your overall dps. Also, if you're going to wait until you have an epic for your wrists to get +50 strength, I recommend using +50 attack power instead of +38 (or even use +50 hit to save some stats via reforging). Reforging priority is correct, as are the enchants aside from wrist.

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/aeoniel/advanced
    Aeoniel, Mal'ganis-US
    can you possibly give worse advice?
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

Thanks for the comments

I believe E4E is still a dps increase and will stick with it
    As for the tank gear, they are better than the 346 counterparts that I have at this point in time. I am not MS ret so getting geared takes a little longer rolling OS the whole time :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjji View Post
    can you possibly give worse advice?
    Whoa.

Collective attack from my fellow ret? Sorry, I don't frequent these forums often and I refuse to back track through 200+ pages to find what to post and not post about. I wanted to give some of my personal advice and never claimed otherwise. I wouldn't have even said anything, but I wanted to give the guy some input as that's what is asked for in these types of threads. I hadn't realized it was "Standards or GTFO."

The Acts of Sacrifice talent is very limited this tier, but I still find it to have more it have more potential value in a standard spec. The tank gear? I realize they're viable alternatives to proper dps 359s.

So I ask you, Kenjji, can you possibly be more insolent?
    Last edited by Aeoniel; 2011-03-17 at 01:14 PM.