10+ Year Old Account

Re: Rate The Ret Paladin Above You

Quote Originally Posted by shetan
    As I finally logged out in my haste to get to work, in ret gear, I'd like to see what people think of my gear and offer me some tips as to where I can improve. I'm aware of the Mirror being lackluster, but I've lost the roll on Fury the past 2 weeks and I won't be seeing DC as ret is my offspec.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ash&n=Fenr%ECr
    Got an armory error when i went to look :-\

Got some new gear, armory is linked to sig icon.
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

10+ Year Old Account

Thread bump. rate my new gear ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Serryn
    Thread bump. rate my new gear ;D

8.5/10
    Nice triumps lol

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...27tar&n=Deyman

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Deyman
    8/10

- I don't really like the gem you selected for your gloves
    - Banner of Victory isn't great for Ret at all. Get Mirror of Truth, or better yet, get your Nobles deck trinket.

Other than that, looks great ;D

10+ Year Old Account

7/10

Divine Purpose is useful for ToC as it breaks icehowls frost breath and anub's freezing slash (macro it to the tank), and stuns from faction champs.
    Replace mirror of truth with a deaths verdict as soon as you can, i know how difficult this can be.

i might be going crazy but i see no blue gems to activate ur meta... throw a nightmare tear in your legs (until u get the t9 chest, then put it there) to activate the meta as the str bonus is the biggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Deyman

Nice triumps lol
    is this a compliment or an insult ???

bleh, not sure what that error was. Gonna have to investigate that. In any case:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&n=Fenr%C3%ACr
    Can't have a crusade without crusader aura.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Serryn
    7/10

Divine Purpose is useful for ToC as it breaks icehowls frost breath and anub's freezing slash (macro it to the tank), and stuns from faction champs.
    Replace mirror of truth with a deaths verdict as soon as you can, i know how difficult this can be.

i might be going crazy but i see no blue gems to activate ur meta... throw a nightmare tear in your legs (until u get the t9 chest, then put it there) to activate the meta as the str bonus is the biggest.

is this a compliment or an insult ???

- I'm not a "raider". I think I've cleared ToC-25 maybe three times, and ToC-10 at most twice. I only get to raid if I have the night off (and nothing to do) and my guild needs someone to sub in for one of their squad members. Most of the time I stick with just heroics. Although, I have been spending the majority of my time lately trying to get , "The Loremaster", "The Seeker", and "Salty" titles
    - I have my Nightmare Tear in my bracers ;D

Thread bump

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Bloodyelfy

heres mine, dont say anything about the name, im getting a name change fairly soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen
    Jaina isn't thinking with her head, she's thinking with her jaina.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowmcrusher
    Thread bump

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Bloodyelfy

heres mine, dont say anything about the name, im getting a name change fairly soon.
    370 hit? bad
    29 exp? bit too high, so bad

And for the T8's, I'm gonna assume you just hit 80 or came back from a short break

could replace one of the rings for 245 vendor one, and replace chest for either crafted or just random 245 chest ftw!

Also, Relentless Earthsiege diamond is BiS meta gem for Ret pallies~ Remember to place 1 Nightmare tear to meet the meta gem requirement

Quote Originally Posted by jiggler
    That's how you honor heroes... You put their statue in a corner, which people only visit to kill squirrels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks
    I see your madness and raise you a sparta.
    Quote Originally Posted by rat
    Back here in fantasy-land, pyrite is the blue goo in those barrels in the Flame Leviathan encounter, typically used for blowing shit the fuck up.
    Sooooo.
    Yeah.

Deleted

For the one above me, not bad on hit nor expertise (Tiny bit low but it seems you are still in the process of gearing up). You should change your glyph of exorcism to a glyph of seal of vengeance (Seal of Corruption for us hordes) to help out with your expertise though, that way you are only 3 expertise away from cap on any fight where you use SoCorruption. Also your crit and AP are both low but as I said, it looks like you are still gearing up. Is my armory bugged? Or did T8 helms loose their meta gem slots? :S Also, why do you have a 6str9stam gem? Strength all the way unless you can use a yellow slot to get a strength gem bonus, go with a 10str10crit in the yellow slots that will grant you bonuses (Such as a yellow slot only unless there are loads of yellows, or a yellow+red where you can put a 20str in the red and get the bonus.). Your spec it also a bit weird, you seem to only have changed the Divine Sacrifice talent after 3.3, instead of changing all the talents you spent getting there too.

As for my own ret, http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...lands&n=Sezuka.

I like crit mkey? Also, I know there is no 4set T9 but it sucks anyways, and if you can switch out ilvl 245 T9 items with 258 items you can drop the 2 set, which I did with 2 of them and keeping 3 instead of using a better 245 for the 3rd item just seems stupid.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by johnllt
    Wrong chest gems (should be +20 STR in both) and 5/5 Divinity is useless, more so since you dont have DS nor SoC.

7/10. Go Doomhammer! Woot!

Quote Originally Posted by Sezuka
    As for my own ret, http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...lands&n=Sezuka.

I like crit mkey? Also, I know there is no 4set T9 but it sucks anyways, and if you can switch out ilvl 245 T9 items with 258 items you can drop the 2 set, which I did with 2 of them and keeping 3 instead of using a better 245 for the 3rd item just seems stupid.
    Bad trinket is bad.

Healing Light is also better than 3/5 Divine Intellect.

Otherwise okay. 8.5/10.

I know the trinket sucks, but drops for Death's Choice has been awful for my guild. Seen the 245 two or three times, and the 258 once. Also would've had my 258 axe by now if it would ever drop after the two first times ... Damn the luck!

15+ Year Old Account

I know the trinket sucks, but drops for Death's Choice has been awful for my guild. Seen the 245 two or three times, and the 258 once. Also would've had my 258 axe by now if it would ever drop after the two first times ... Damn the luck!
    Go run 5 heroics for Mirror of Truth.

Got Mirror of Truth and Wrathstone in bank, but would have to switch to other downgrades to use any of the two to still stay hitcapped. Basically my current item set is the one with highest dps of the items I have laying around.

15+ Year Old Account

Got Mirror of Truth and Wrathstone in bank, but would have to switch to other downgrades to use any of the two to still stay hitcapped. Basically my current item set is the one with highest dps of the items I have laying around.
    How much are you under the hit cap without the trinket?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...rmoon&n=Paltsu

Havent changed the spec yet, but what id like to hear is opinions on my belt gemming. Rawr says this is a tad better than 20str gems but im not 100% sure

Quote Originally Posted by Kandrassan
    Real tanks block with their hands. And parry with their dicks. Dodging is for pussies.

i do belive the math is if you dont get 4 str pet 10 str/crit it isnt worth it. If i can ever see that damn belt drop i plan on going all 20str in it. you could also drop icewalker. aside from that, you are money.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin