Re: Rate The Ret Paladin Above You

Quote Originally Posted by Phyrus
    [size=8pt]Thanks allot for your help and tips, much appreciated.

Changed almost everything you told me I did wrong except the gem in my back. Since the back is not optimal for a paladin I will try to replace it as fast as I can.

My question; what cloak would you take instead of this one?
    With raiding 10/12 ICC10, 6/15 ICC25 normal

(http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...lade&cn=Phyrus)
    Shadowvault Slayer's Cloak from Gunship 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Brael
    Shadowvault Slayer's Cloak from Gunship 25.
    The Gear checks out, hit/expertise checks out (the hit is a bit high, but thats thanks to TaJ, no harm done either way ), the spec however I have my reservations to and would recomment the following changes.

Drop 3/3 Healing Light, take 2/2 Unyielding Faith and 3/5 Divine Intellect and then head for Aura Mastery

The reason why:
    As a retribution paladin you do not have the mana to heal, hence your 3/3 Healing Light falls short
    2/2 Unyielding faith applies to fears cast by i.e Blood Queen Lana'thel and the dragons before Sindragosa, why UF is situational to say the least - it at least has some practice.

Solution: 5/5 SotP, 3/5 Divine Intellect, 2/2 Unyielding Faith and 1/1 Aura Mastery

If you as a ret paladin need to help out with healing, then I'm sorry to say but your healers are doing something terribly wrong and you either a) need to replace them or b) have a serious word with them. You neither have the cooldowns nor the mana to spam Holy Light (the only thing that'll even make a difference on a boss fight) and if you stop to heal - then you're not doing your job which is to DPS.

I've seen people who take 5/5 Divine Intellect also and...ehm...yeah...A ret paladin in a 25man has what....400 intellect? 10% of that is 40...meaning you get another 400 mana. On top of your 6k mana pool. Is it Really worth 5 talent points? - I don't think so

9/10
    otherwise, you've treated your retribution paladin well, good luck on the ICC hardmodes
    //Anardil,
    Terenas EU

Here's my own armoury link:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nas&cn=Anardil

p.s
    Only have my shoulders as heroic (and not chest/helm first) because we were incredibly unlucky on getting the Conqueror 264 tokens in ICC 25 for a very long time. It doesn't matter anyways, more 277 tokens are bound to drop anyways (soon I hope, we've been having a god damn warr/hunt/shaman and rogue/mage/dk/druid spree on the tokens AGAIN for 277 tokens)

Quote Originally Posted by Eärendil
    The Gear checks out, hit/expertise checks out (the hit is a bit high, but thats thanks to TaJ, no harm done either way ), the spec however I have my reservations to and would recomment the following changes.

Drop 3/3 Healing Light, take 2/2 Unyielding Faith and 3/5 Divine Intellect and then head for Aura Mastery

The reason why:
    As a retribution paladin you do not have the mana to heal, hence your 3/3 Healing Light falls short
    2/2 Unyielding faith applies to fears cast by i.e Blood Queen Lana'thel and the dragons before Sindragosa, why UF is situational to say the least - it at least has some practice.

Solution: 5/5 SotP, 3/5 Divine Intellect, 2/2 Unyielding Faith and 1/1 Aura Mastery

If you as a ret paladin need to help out with healing, then I'm sorry to say but your healers are doing something terribly wrong and you either a) need to replace them or b) have a serious word with them. You neither have the cooldowns nor the mana to spam Holy Light (the only thing that'll even make a difference on a boss fight) and if you stop to heal - then you're not doing your job which is to DPS.

I've seen people who take 5/5 Divine Intellect also and...ehm...yeah...A ret paladin in a 25man has what....400 intellect? 10% of that is 40...meaning you get another 400 mana. On top of your 6k mana pool. Is it Really worth 5 talent points? - I don't think so

9/10
    otherwise, you've treated your retribution paladin well, good luck on the ICC hardmodes
    //Anardil,
    Terenas EU

Here's my own armoury link:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nas&cn=Anardil

p.s
    Only have my shoulders as heroic (and not chest/helm first) because we were incredibly unlucky on getting the Conqueror 264 tokens in ICC 25 for a very long time. It doesn't matter anyways, more 277 tokens are bound to drop anyways (soon I hope, we've been having a god damn warr/hunt/shaman and rogue/mage/dk/druid spree on the tokens AGAIN for 277 tokens)
    Was rated several pages back Was just giving my opinion on the cloak. Not fixed things because of work recently^^

Next poster rate Eärendil please since i'm going to bed after a 14hour shift :P

EDIT: I was curious Earendil so had to do it myself, 9.5/10, replace that 10str 10hit gem in ur belt plox. Everything else is fine.

Next poster do not rate me, you can rate one of the people on last few pages that have been skipped

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Well, what can I say? Perfectly gemmed, enchanted, specced and geared. 10/10.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&cn=Hippolover

It's my alt, and I was wondering of getting shadows edge but since its a alt it's no biggie, but is it like super uber duper good for me?( <-- nab when it comes to alts :< )
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    You damn dirty apes!

Quote Originally Posted by earthfury
    Well, what can I say? Perfectly gemmed, enchanted, specced and geared. 10/10.

It's my alt, and I was wondering of getting shadows edge but since its a alt it's no biggie, but is it like super uber duper good for me?( <-- nab when it comes to alts :< )
    Slightly wrong, 9.5/10 for Earendil's wrong gem in his belt, unless ofc he can justify gemming hit after hitcap .. Wanted to make sure he didn't miss me saying it, next posted rate Earthfury as I really am off to bed..

The reason why:

It's either 6% more mana or 12% more heal - neither of them is going to do much, but I'd rather have 12% more heal
    - when shit hits the fan like having too many stacks at Sindra or some healers being dead at her, some ghost exploding near you at LDW, having only 2 stacks at festergut with no CD ready...
    - at bosses, where you're not always dpsing like Valithria or BQL air phase or Marrowgar Bonestorm can never hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by earthfury
    It's my alt, and I was wondering of getting shadows edge but since its a alt it's no biggie, but is it like super uber duper good for me?( <-- nab when it comes to alts :<)
    Shadow's Edge is better than Bryntroll but it's also extremely expensive so no probably not worth it unless you have like 100k gold.

Bout your gear:
    -1.5 : There should be 10 crit/10 Str gems in all your yellow slots (bracers, gloves, cloak , boots , rings)
    -1 : That nightmare's tear is completely misplaced use it in the blue slot in your chest (or weapon or belt) and place a 20 Str gem in your legs instead.
    -1 : Agi repu ring is better for PVE
    -1 : Glyph of Consecration is better than Glyph of Exorcism

=> 5.5/10

Saronites on my server go for 700 gold, so 100k is more likely to be 20k, nontheless still quiet alot of gold for an alt
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

i havent rated anyone elses but heres mine, keen to know if im doin anything wrong, or any advice would be cool
    heres my link- http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...krock&cn=Imabk

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjji
    Saronites on my server go for 700 gold, so 100k is more likely to be 20k, nontheless still quiet alot of gold for an alt
    Was more about having an abundance of gold, that's why I said 100k :P

@Imabk

That cloak and neck are absolutely horrible, drop both for the agi cloak from emblems and the neck from BQL 10man and get the glyph of SoV instead of exorcism when that's done.

Respec to 11/5/55, aura master is the shit.

Gemming itself is fine

7.5/10

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...eam&n=faesroll

Got rated a few weeks back, got some new goodies in the meanwhile, and yes i need to get rid of those horrid wrists for polar bear claw so i can swap my waist to the heroic ones from sindra but rng dislikes me :<

"No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Imabk
    i havent rated anyone elses but heres mine, keen to know if im doin anything wrong, or any advice would be cool
    heres my link- http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...krock&cn=Imabk
    Only problem is ur spec, Should change ur spec to aura mastery ret spec and ur awesome. :3

Edit: Going for the SoV glyph would be a stupid idea anyway as he has heaps of expertise already.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjji
    @Imabk

That cloak and neck are absolutely horrible, drop both for the agi cloak from emblems and the neck from BQL 10man and get the glyph of SoV instead of exorcism when that's done.

Respec to 11/5/55, aura master is the shit.

Gemming itself is fine

7.5/10

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...eam&n=faesroll

Got rated a few weeks back, got some new goodies in the meanwhile, and yes i need to get rid of those horrid wrists for polar bear claw so i can swap my waist to the heroic ones from sindra but rng dislikes me :<

cheers, yeah waiting on H Winding sheet to drop havent got it yet and i only changed the neck coz i was waay over hit, also i just changed to glyph of exorcism because i have enough expertise, dont need anymore from the glyph

Quote Originally Posted by Brael
    Was rated several pages back Was just giving my opinion on the cloak. Not fixed things because of work recently^^

Next poster rate Eärendil please since i'm going to bed after a 14hour shift :P

EDIT: I was curious Earendil so had to do it myself, 9.5/10, replace that 10str 10hit gem in ur belt plox. Everything else is fine.
    Actually I Just did that right after I made the post I had to gem str/hit in the belt before since I was undercapped before I replaced my old bracers

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    It's either 6% more mana or 12% more heal - neither of them is going to do much, but I'd rather have 12% more heal
    - when shit hits the fan like having too many stacks at Sindra or some healers being dead at her, some ghost exploding near you at LDW, having only 2 stacks at festergut with no CD ready...
    - at bosses, where you're not always dpsing like Valithria or BQL air phase or Marrowgar Bonestorm can never hurt.
    Again, your job is to DPS, not to heal - if shit hits the fan then it's time to pop a Divine Shield/HoSac/Lay on hands on the tank, not stand there and oom yourself with HL spamming, mate. And as BQL air-phase- you're out of combat for a total of 8 seconds while she is in the air shooting at the raid.

Reason why I say that about BQL is that I pop my racial at the beginning, run to the middle and stand there alone, I smack her once to keep my SoV stack up and pop Aura mastery (with shadow res aura). On the second airphase, repeat the procedure, I pop my Divine Shield this time and run to the middle (because second paladin with AM/Dsac does what I did in the first airphase), keep my SoV stack up on BQL and once she lands, I cancel my DS and keep hitting her - the downtime for dps itself is very short.

As for downtime on Valithria...you do not heal on Valithria. Ever. Ever. *Ever.* You don't have the mana, and god forbid a frostbolt goes through the melee's interrupts and starts draining your already rather small manapool... Again: if you need to heal as a retribution paladin on a boss fight with a 20% buff to your raid's healing - then your healers are doing something wrong. Terribly wrong.

My point is: 12% more healing or 6% more mana (or whatever) isn't really worth speccing fully into, because it's not your job/role to do that. We simply both lack the cooldowns and the mana do do that effectively.

p.s
    Now I do admit that a good ret paladin knows when to stop dps and chug a few HLs at the tank, but in ICC that should never happen. Tank cooldowns, healer cooldowns and even raid cooldowns should be more than enough to keep your tank up - including on hardmodes.

Deleted

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ggus&cn=Wakeup

All feedback is appreciated, wheter it be my gear or specc
    I know that the cloak is horrible, waiting for the agi cloak from gunship 25man >_>

edit: noticed i have a pvp trinket on. my other trinket is Herkuml War Token.

-1 for strength ring (should be agility)
    -0.5 for no tier 9 (2 piece is good)
    -1 for crit/stam gem (use a nightmare tear)
    -0.5 for no str/crit gems in yellow sockets
    Total: 7/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I think this should win some kind of award. I mean, we must now have had one post about literally EVERY SINGLE FEATURE in the ENTIRE GAME which "ruined wow".

Quote Originally Posted by Suliso
    @ Typhron

Glyphs are fine

Change the 20 hit gem in your bracers for a 20 str gem and replace one of your 10str 10 haste gem with 10 str 10 hit.
    This will put you to 264 hit @ a bonus of 20 str and by just loosing 10 haste cuase the 10 hit u loose arent used anyway.

I dont see the usefullness in Divine Purpose for PvE isn't Aura Mastery better??

Rest seems fine i just find the 10 str 10 haste gemming odd but okay, if u like it. ^^

Fix the Socket and the Aura mastery and i give you a 9/10.

Edit: Got rated not long ago so just go on. ^^
    Edit: Edit: Typos -.-
    Didn't notice I would get critiqued. D:

I'm expecting a Tiny Abom any day now (Through force of punching people through the internet), so regemming so often felt pretty meh as the DPS increases were gradual. But that's me actually being fail not having the money to min/max myself properly.

Divine Purpose makes stuns in most boss fights (not Putricide) trivial for both me or the healer I put it on. Also leads to funny events where the boss' AoEs will miss me entirely. I was specced into Aura Mastery some time ago, but often went ignored or forgotten.

I would think that haste would benefit more than crit would due to being at the crit soft cap for rets. And my high haste gives quite the benefits when you factor in the buffs from other haste effects (My glove Enchant, caster and/or physical DPS buffs both pushing me toward low weapon swing time or gcds, moar divine storm hurricane cowbell). I wouldn't be surprised if I'm wrong as hell, though.

My current trinket ilvl 200 trinket? All I'll say on that is "Fuck Loot Council when the council doesn't know dps from their own assholes" concerning a previous guild.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMTIMf3
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ggus&cn=Wakeup

All feedback is appreciated, wheter it be my gear or specc
    I know that the cloak is horrible, waiting for the agi cloak from gunship 25man >_>

edit: noticed i have a pvp trinket on. my other trinket is Herkuml War Token.
    That axe isn't great for you, but if it's all you could get on such short notice then you can't exactly be blamed for it.
    LoLtumblr |
    derpderpderp

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinth
    -1 for strength ring (should be agility)
    -0.5 for no tier 9 (2 piece is good)
    -1 for crit/stam gem (use a nightmare tear)
    -0.5 for no str/crit gems in yellow sockets
    Total: 7/10
    Drop your Battlemaster trinket for Greatness
    Get 4pc t9
    I haven't been human in a long time, but unless your guild doesn't recruit Draenei you don't need to gem for hit rating. Drop those gems for crit/str

http://us.wowarmory.com/character-sh...is&cn=Deathnar

@Dalinth 5(6)/10 coz a lot of twinks have better gear (maybe that is a twink from you, don't know)

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&cn=Si%C3%A8ne

Should get Shadowmourne between 17-23 June

Bracers from Warship, Belt from Vali and Boots from Lady never drops :<
    also the Paladin Hero Tokens maybe drops 1 every 2-3 weeks so costs to much dkp imo
    Neck I already have the hero from Bloodqueen, but need the Bracers b4 I can wear it :-/
    than i'll change the Exp Glyph against the Exo back.

The Herku trinket i'll also change for the Saurfang Hero one think so, but it's open imo
    better would be PDOK25 but we don't raid it anymore :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Siène
    @Dalinth 5(6)/10 coz a lot of twinks have better gear (maybe that is a twink from you, don't know)

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&cn=Si%C3%A8ne

Should get Shadowmourne between 17-23 June

Bracers from Warship, Belt from Vali and Boots from Lady never drops :<
    also the Paladin Hero Tokens maybe drops 1 every 2-3 weeks so costs to much dkp imo
    Neck I already have the hero from Bloodqueen, but need the Bracers b4 I can wear it :-/
    than i'll change the Exp Glyph against the Exo back.

The Herku trinket i'll also change for the Saurfang Hero one think so, but it's open imo
    better would be PDOK25 but we don't raid it anymore :-/
    very nice equip there, but why would you get dbw heroic if you could use TAiaJ?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Deathnar
    Drop your Battlemaster trinket for Greatness
    Get 4pc t9
    I haven't been human in a long time, but unless your guild doesn't recruit Draenei you don't need to gem for hit rating. Drop those gems for crit/str

http://us.wowarmory.com/character-sh...is&cn=Deathnar
    Only one thing 20 exp in Helm?
    Isn't a 20 Str Gem better?
    If I am worng correct me...

Rest seems fine geming/Glyphs/Specc

9.75/10 cause I don't know the thing about the expertise gem -.-