Swap gear with me Verenitty
    wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&cn=Facedesk
    my armory

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Driving me crazy that I cant push out more dps with gear upgrades.
    Gear wise I've got a leather 277 piece to mix with the plate. Have yet to see festerguts hands drop.

14k on deathbringer at a finial push earlier when I know I can push more out and seems to drop when I get upgrades.

Link in sig

What are you doing on Saurfang? I pulled 15.8k in a really shitty gdkp a while ago with...yes, a frost mage...but I pre-pot, blow wings at start with heroism(popped very early on with everyoody's ICD's up) and blow my second set on a set of adds. Actually now I easily pull 16.3k or more now that our raid DPS isn't THAT bad, but uhm...link a parse and I can tell you what's up.

Gear is all gemmmed/enchanted correctly, 10/10 for what you have.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/l...?s=8497&e=8736
    Only parse I can find that I had before I had my head split open in an accident that left my vision/thought pretty screwed up =D
    Ret is pretty new to me, played a resto druid for a lonng time.

Nice! I had my Patellar-tibial tendon, ACL, LCL, various tendons/ligaments torn and my Paraneal nerve almost severed in a football accident! They called me "he who walks with bottom of femur touching ground". Anyways...

Okay, a 4 minute kill time is going to severely hinder your DPS. Mine was a full minute faster(which I still consider bad time, heh), so that automatically shoots mine up by default. It looks like you're clipping off Icy Rage with your wings cast, and not casting a Speed pot nor AW during heroism. Since your guild seems to cast heroism at 30%(something I wouldn't advise when trying to maximize DPS due to peoples' trinkets not all being lined up, but that's guild strategy so you'll have to deal with it), get your AW cast in when Icy Rage procs during heroism. If you do that, you'll see a pretty good DPS increase. Also, I'm not seeing a potion of speed so that's a DPS increase to pre-pot and cast your combat-pot during heroism/wings.

Speaking of wings, if you cast AW at the start(giving like 3 seconds of leeway here), you'll get a full duration of Icy Rage with wings which is a DPS increase(along with pre-pot effects). Your Judgement effective Cooldown is ~9.1 seconds, and the rest of your effective cooldowns are on the lowish side. You want J to be around 8.5 ideally, so that tells me that you're not superawesomefastholycrap with being GCD-locked yet. that'll just take some practice. Other than that, it looks like you've got most down.

Oh and @ Naxxanar:

11/5/55 is the better spec. Other than that you look fine, 9/10 for your gear.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pre potting... is dead for me having a tank countdown for pulls 3..2...1.. and pulling before 2 comes out so wasting a pot usually.
    Read a few posts back of an edited clcret that keeps track of some of the icd's, is that worth picking up to be able to line up AW with procs?

Couldnt rate above, no armory or anything.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...t&cn=Hawthorne

Havnt played him in a couple of months but i'll start over this weekend. Rate me!
    Kom alltid ihåg att du är helt unik. Precis som alla andra.

Quote Originally Posted by zeq View Post
    Pre potting... is dead for me having a tank countdown for pulls 3..2...1.. and pulling before 2 comes out so wasting a pot usually.
    Listen on vent, watch the tank preparing for charge, press pot when he starts moving. Don't see a problem here.

Read a few posts back of an edited clcret that keeps track of some of the icd's, is that worth picking up to be able to line up AW with procs?
    Yes, get it. Addon is here, ICDs setup explanation is here.

Quote Originally Posted by baddetiger
    Havnt played him in a couple of months but i'll start over this weekend. Rate me!
    Uhm, I guess it's on me then.

- Helm is awful place for a tear, wasted +6 str right here, swap it to chest.
    - Put 10str/10crit to yellow socket on ring for +4 str bonus.
    - 23 haste is a bit better enchant than 22 agi for cloak.
    - Below exp cap, you would want to have another item with expertise.
    - Herbalism does nothing for your dps, consider leveling profession with a raiding bonus.
    - Gear seems to be adequate for your raiding progression

Overall: 7.5/10

Quote Originally Posted by naxxanar View Post
    Swap gear with me Verenitty
    wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&cn=Facedesk
    my armory
    no thanks. i like my 17k on deathbringer and rotface

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisko View Post
    Listen on vent, watch the tank preparing for charge, press pot when he starts moving. Don't see a problem here.
    If only knowing when the warrior was going to charge, when it varies from 3 to 2 to 1 every time =D Makes it tricky

If only knowing when the warrior was going to charge, when it varies from 3 to 2 to 1 every time =D Makes it tricky
    Human reaction time is ~200-250ms, depending on age, current condition and several other factors. You will not enter combat during that 250ms. The moment you see tank starts running, you should press haste pot button. I suppose that you know who your MT is and can directly observe his/her character on your screen. I don't know how to explain it more clearly, may be my English is too bad.

If for some reason you are unable to watch your tank and can only listen to 3..2..1 on vent, then you can just as well press button on 3. It's better to lose 1-2 seconds of pot then lose all 15, when you are missing combat pot.

My old guild used to have a tank who sorta just...went on bosses prematurely during the count-down. Shave off 1-2 seconds and pot when they say "2" and you should be fine.

You gem for 4 agi in 1 ring but not the other? afaik it's only worth it with +6 agi bonuses (no idea if Sm changes that tho)

On a serious note, 1 item over the hitcap, drop wrist/neck and you should be fine, seems your armory shows you with SoV on so i take that 30 expertise is fine.

Still i find it odd someone with your gear "only" pulls 17k, my gear is far inferior and dont have an orange, last week i pulled 16.7k on saurfang without cheating on adds with wings, havent checked logs to see you're killtime and if you had all available buffs tho so feel free to enlighten me
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

@kenji - wheres your 4pc and whats up with the sad trinket The RNG even with BiS/smourne on saurfang is dumb, maybe that is why he is pulling 17k. I do the same exact thing every week and my saurfang parses range from 17.8k to 19.8k depending on how DS procs decide to go. Could have a crappy computer too, I played on some borrowed laptop a couple weeks ago and barely broke 17k there was so much ui lag lol.
    Last edited by Faids; 2010-08-26 at 06:28 AM.

Deleted
    indeed, Kenjji. that trinket is crap, even MoT is better. your best bet is DMC:greatness. also, why on earth have you dropped 4PT10?it's actually better to have a 251 that fills the pants slot for the bonus than it is to have a 277 that fills the pants slot, but not the bonus.

edit: and why are you 14 below hit cap? you should at least get a gem for that.

Take a deep breath guys, LoD logged out in some weird gear, may be experimenting or something. I'm pretty sure no one gets carried to HLK25 w/o knowing basics of their class and how to gear.

better like this?, was swapping around some gear and didn't think of changing back before i went to bed.

Anyway ill check in rawr now to see if its worth gemming +4 agi with Sm as i still find it unlikely to be better.

Edit : Aperantly it is, but that still makes me wonder why he gemmed str/crit in one ring and not the other

Also shows the 284 ring from halion as an upgrade over the ashen verdict one with Sm equipped, probably old news but i rarely check forums, much more fun to figure things out your own way
    Last edited by Kenjji; 2010-08-26 at 10:47 AM.
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

ok im not a normal ret pally i never go into it im prot 99%of the time i lvled prot so here it goes
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...dar&cn=Kegadin
    (prays i dont get killed)

Guild wiped on hlk at 300k left to the 10% mark. It was before I was on(we raided an extra night this week to work on him). Monday, if not next week.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin