Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    9/10 - Gearing, Spec + Glyphs are fine, but why the heck have you got 40 expertise? Grabbing the crafted boots will bring you down by around 10 and give you some more crit. (7exp from boots +3 from human racial right?). Otherwise seems good.
    its the boots, I might have the cash for the crafted I will have to see. I have been waiting for anything better to drop on our runs and nothing has /pout.

---------- Post added 2010-08-30 at 07:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark View Post
    If he HAS to take Vindication, that is the preferred spec.

Vindication is a 15% physical damage reduction on most bosses.
    Yea but why would he have to? no other melee to give the debuff? If that is the case then it is likely true that there are probably no other paladins for AM either and I would think a raid wide damage reduction on the fights you need AM is worth more. Maybe I am wrong though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    its the boots, I might have the cash for the crafted I will have to see. I have been waiting for anything better to drop on our runs and nothing has /pout.

Yea but why would he have to? no other melee to give the debuff? If that is the case then it is likely true that there are probably no other paladins for AM either and I would think a raid wide damage reduction on the fights you need AM is worth more. Maybe I am wrong though.
    It is possible that he just does the debuffing so the tank doesn't have to, If he isn't needed for AM he has the spec I would run in a heart beat. I only take AM because it's needed in our raids or I wouldn't take it either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

I majorly dislike waiting for drops :P RNG will screw you in the ass, i'd suggest to you, if neither Marrow's leather boots or Deathwhisper's plate boots have dropped for you by next reset to grab the crafted ones, I mean anyone who's raided on a continuous basis since ICC started should have enough spare frost now for 5 saronites to make getting them a bit cheaper

---------- Post added 2010-08-31 at 03:58 AM ----------

Also, Elimine, if you can grab the neck off Halion rather than badge belt/coldwraith links, means you have 264 hit rather than needing to use a 10str/10hit gem, this is IF you want to be hitcapped without a spacecow before anyone comments :P

10+ Year Old Account

No Melee can do it for "free"- Druids have to be in bear form, and both druids and warriors need rage to apply it- Where as paladins only have to swing a weapon.

Just for shits and giggles, I'm sure you can tell I don't raid so what I have came from pugs/randoms. Kind of curious what y'all will say http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=H%C3%B8lland. I'd say 9/10 because your gear could be better, like 277, but it seems like you're doing the best with what you've got!

Oh yeah and I know the agi ring is better for me but I used to do some pvp so I went with the str one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollandyo View Post
    Just for shits and giggles, I'm sure you can tell I don't raid so what I have came from pugs/randoms. Kind of curious what y'all will say http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=H%C3%B8lland. I'd say 9/10 because your gear could be better, like 277, but it seems like you're doing the best with what you've got!

Oh yeah and I know the agi ring is better for me but I used to do some pvp so I went with the str one.
    1)incorrect gems: gloves should be str/crt, NMT should be in belt, legs should be 2x 20 str gems
    2)no Aura Mastery? took Vind i see
    3)NES is kind of a shitty trinket, you do know that DMC str version is a much better trinket for ret?
    4)Way over hitcap, leather emblem belt is much better than plate
    5)PvP wrists?

8/10
    Mostly correct and if you dont raid much, its pretty good set up.

-1 Shoulder enchant

9/10

Only thing I see is the HWT, surely you must be able to get something like Heroic fang?

The spec is kinda ummm interesting. No Aura Mastery, but you went 8 points into holy... and instead spent 5/5 on 5% increased heals,why? I can get behind picking up the one in holy because you have to with 2/2 UF to get to AM, but are your healers that bad that 5% healing to and from you is a good choice over aura mastery?

8.5/10
    the spec is because the healers in my guild struggle at portals in dreamwalker, so i have to pick up the slack.

the trinket. i am the most unlucky person in the world fo trinkets, i've never seen death choice drop (well once on my priest)
    and whispering fang skull again on normal it dropped one at the very start of icc. when that was the only wing, but i let a rogue in my guild have it, because he had a 190 ap PVP trinket. as for heroic whispering fang skull... are you sure that even dropped from lady deathwhisper -.-

I don't see all the hassle with vindication, we usually have an arcane mage and boomkin in the raid so i generally run this spec
    http://thottbot.com/paladin/t#E331/E/EKSOLNLY3

Only exception is halion where i run with http://thottbot.com/paladin/t#Ez/E8/EKQO.NL.3 for some HoF fun inside

Otherwise i run with the cookie cutter spec
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

Deleted
    Go ahead, rate away. Link is in the sig (I know that I have mining, it's the only miner I have and I like to have it like that)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesmam View Post
    Go ahead, rate away. Link is in the sig (I know that I have mining, it's the only miner I have and I like to have it like that)
    Everything looks fine. You may want to check Rawr to see if agi on your cloak is better than haste (I'm not because it's 1:30 in the morning), but that's all I have to say.
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

Looks very fine Fredzilla! Only - i have to give is that you seem to have been doing HC-modes for ages and still both trinkets are normal.. HeroicTaJ is no small feat so i wont give you - for that but hc LDW 10 is not that hard. but other thatn that it would have been ace!

9-9.5/10

Here is le me!

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...eam&cn=Profane

on a note, i have pugged or semi-pugged (half guildies half randoms) ALL of my gear and have not raided as a guild raider since the end of TBC hence no KS or frostwing kills etc.

Deleted
    @Zelol

Everything looks nice, considering your not getting your gear from guild runs I'm still gonna take .75 points off because of your spec So total: 9.25
    If you're gonna "waste" points in DI, then go straight 5/5

Quote Originally Posted by Jesmam View Post
    1 tiny adjustment: mining does nothing for dps: one of the other crafting professions will be better: pref engineering

otherwise: spot on, 10/10 gluck on heroics and drops

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelol View Post
    Looks very fine Fredzilla! Only - i have to give is that you seem to have been doing HC-modes for ages and still both trinkets are normal.. HeroicTaJ is no small feat so i wont give you - for that but hc LDW 10 is not that hard. but other thatn that it would have been ace!

9-9.5/10

Here is le me!

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...eam&cn=Profane

on a note, i have pugged or semi-pugged (half guildies half randoms) ALL of my gear and have not raided as a guild raider since the end of TBC hence no KS or frostwing kills etc.
    Trust me, I've been trying. We have not had a H WFS drop since my guild's original 10-man heroic group split up so more guildies could go, which was like 2+ months ago.

As for DI, any points at all in it are worthless, put those 3 points in the healing talent.
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

Deleted
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kor%27gall&cn=Nzall

ignore the empty socket, only just got it and i didn't have a DPS increasing gem handy (I.e. anything that fits a red socket).

edit: seems like i dropped below the hit cap... i'll first need some upgrade bracers before i'll equip that again.

Go ahead and rate me if you want (no, it's not my raiding spec), but I have specific question:

If Rawr recommends me to gem 10haste/10str in all yellow sockets (including those with +4agi bonus) and it shows as +4 dps upgrade, is it worth to regem?
    I know no one will ever notice such min/max, but I'd like to have 100% from my toon and I would go for it if those +4 dps is real.
    I never saw top rets gemming haste, but may be we have news on that issue I have missed, so feel free to give me advice.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kor%27gall&cn=Nzall

ignore the empty socket, only just got it and i didn't have a DPS increasing gem handy (I.e. anything that fits a red socket).

edit: seems like i dropped below the hit cap... i'll first need some upgrade bracers before i'll equip that again.
    Two things I would think of:

- If you can buy tier gloves, while changing back boots enchant to 32ap it will solve your hit problem (until you can get new bracers)

- Since you are at 23 Exp, it could be a dps upgrade to switch to Exo Glyph (Rawr shows that it is, but it was always iffy at glyphs)
    That said, I'm not a big fan of Exp capping with items, unless you absolutely have to (like using that i284 sword from HLK). SoV glyph is just too good to not use it.

btw, grats with TAJ!

10haste/10str is going to oscillate in value whereas 10str/10crit is going to remain more consistent, which is likely why nobody is gemming 10str/10haste. Is RAWR also showing a DPS upgrade to swap 20str out for 10str/10crit in +4 agi slots as well? The question came up on EJ and FrMorrison doesn't trust RAWR in that regard. It's a matter of proc items such as TAiaJ and Smourne, which have proven to not be 100% accurate with RAWR/Exemplar's/Redcape's(although damn close) all the time.

if you adjust rawr to the exact fight length and see it as an increase it is, problem is that will vary fight to fight. so unless you want to change gems every boss just stick with crit.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Rate me please, armory link below in signature. I am usualy useing the haste neck form blood queen 10man HC.