Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Adept exploits 3day transfers in a bid to take anub first

What was the main intent of this guild with the transfer? To get the titles for the rest of the guild or to get 50 more attempts?

Quote Originally Posted by Proud_Retradin
    it's their money.. let them do whatever they want.. thy are not breaking any rules... it's rather smart tbh..
    ^ This

It wasnt a secret that you can xfer every 3 days....if u didnt think of it, its your fault

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sneek
    What was the main intent of this guild with the transfer? To get the titles for the rest of the guild or to get 50 more attempts?
    Column A/Column B methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by smeedsc
    best part is they failed. not enough lvl 18 warlocks in guild I guess, lol shoulda thought ahead.
    *Points to the bridge*

Get back under it troll. Your kind isn't welcome here.

Only 14 year olds and angry hermits would throw fits about this. 100% of you complaining about world firsts aren't even in a guild that is making bids at world firsts and thus have no basis for your crying.

Honestly, its a little against tradition sure, but if they want to pay money out of their own pocket then why not?

It isn't like Ensidia or anyone else cant also do this, its available to everyone.
    $50is $50, i could think of much more useless things to spend 50 bucks on these days, if they want to spend pocket change to achieve something then who are we to judge them? Last time i checked we all pay money to just play the game as well

And they did not get Anub 1st, so what is the relevance of this rant?
    Bigger than Life.

The way the average ensidia fan boy works

1. Ensidia gets world first hypothesis.
    Ha omg ensidia you're the best!!!!11 we knew youd do it all other guilds are shit!!!

2. Some other random guild gets world first hypothesis.

Pff they're just a bunch of scrubs, ensidia is still nr 1 the only reason they didn't get world first is because they didn't want to abuse any bugs. Any one else who thinks diferently is just an ensidia hater and is jealous of how awesome ensidia is.

Personal view: I used to care about world firsts in TBC for the sole reason that every time some one would kill a new boss in sunwell youd get to read more info and see more videos on youtube on how the next bosses are. Youd also be drooling at seeing how awesome the killjaden fight is and hear loads and loads of people who done it claim what an excelent fight it was.

Now a days i already know every boss by doing it the normal way and the hardmode its still the same boss with a few new abilities big whoop. So personally I don't care who gets world first and who gets what and it seems im not the only one seeing how excitment is going down in the comunity as well.

Back in the day ilidan was down mmo champion had tones and tones of threads on the subject, eu and us forums were filled with threads congratulating nihilum on a job well done.

Now that anubarak heroic is down theres what? 5-10 threads about it? and just 2 on the eu forums (didnt check the us yet). So yes people stoped to care as much

Quote Originally Posted by Nithian
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/afterwords

Hello pot, this is what you thought was the kettle.... :-\ Quadruple-fail???

Leave others' disagreements alone next time kiddo
    Isn't an Afterword the closing section of a book?

Quote Originally Posted by veemon_ro
    The way the average ensidia fan boy works

1. Ensidia gets world first hypothesis.
    Ha omg ensidia you're the best!!!!11 we knew youd do it all other guilds are shit!!!

2. Some other random guild gets world first hypothesis.

Pff they're just a bunch of scrubs, ensidia is still nr 1 the only reason they didn't get world first is because they didn't want to abuse any bugs. Any one else who thinks diferently is just an ensidia hater and is jealous of how awesome ensidia is.

Personal view: I used to care about world firsts in TBC for the sole reason that every time some one would kill a new boss in sunwell youd get to read more info and see more videos on youtube on how the next bosses are. Youd also be drooling at seeing how awesome the killjaden fight is and hear loads and loads of people who done it claim what an excelent fight it was.

Now a days i already know every boss by doing it the normal way and the hardmode its still the same boss with a few new abilities big whoop. So personally I don't care who gets world first and who gets what and it seems im not the only one seeing how excitment is going down in the comunity as well.

Back in the day ilidan was down mmo champion had tones and tones of threads on the subject, eu and us forums were filled with threads congratulating nihilum on a job well done.

Now that anubarak heroic is down theres what? 5-10 threads about it? and just 2 on the eu forums (didnt check the us yet). So yes people stoped to care as much
    wow you really hate them, don't you
    the ensidia ban was clever marketing

oh noes, someone is using engineering

nope just calling it like it is. not that hey had or will have the skill other guilds have, but in a cheesy exploit move, they missed the easiest exploit.

"Lvl 18 warlocks".

*points harder*

MARCH MISTER. TO YOUR BRIDGE. NOW.

I faction changed, it wiped my VoA save and I did it again. Go ahead, ban me. Smother me in your tears.

I never did understand the whole vying for World/Server first deal.

Chances are that the next guild to do it will probably be in the same gear as the world first guild were when they did it, the only difference is they stayed up until 5AM to do it first (or took the day off of work if you're a U.S. guild).

The only difference between your guild and a world first guild is that the world first guild put in more time (or less, if you want to split hairs) to do it.

I probably spend more time on my fat ass in front of the PC playing MMOs than they do, but I don't want to be bound to a schedule to do something for fun, but if they do then more power to them, congrats on world first, Paragon. And as far as I care, any guild can transfer as often as they want if it means that much to them.
    Reality is a crutch for people who can't cope with drugs.

Sirlin.net is pretty much the AnswersInGenesis of the video game world.

Quote Originally Posted by PredatorAncient
    There are some people utterly obsessed with such things. It's beyond a game for some people, it's also a venue of achievement. Not to say this is a bad thing, of course; if you have a world record for sprinting, would you be proud? Yes. Is there something constructive in sprinting? No, not really. You ran 100m in 10 seconds, so? Why would being proud of that be any different to being proud of a world first kill? Some people would go out and jog or race with their friends for fun. Some people play WoW for fun. Some people sprint for srs bsns, some people raid for srs bsns.

Quite frankly, the concept of investing my entire life or an extreme majority of it in WoW is an alien concept to me, and I could never imagine myself going to all this effort for a world first kill. But that's not to say others don't feel that way. Well, at least that's my take on things.

1. It brings popularity to the guild and gets more people to apply to you.

2. It used to be important in TBC because you could watch what other bosses the instance had and get an ideea how hard/easy they are.

3. it brings some competition. Males especially love to compete in most of the things they do. And hell lets face it, its fun to do it

Ensidia would be pissed wouldnt they. Awwww someone beat the babies to it.

More $ for blizzard it's just a stupid achievement.

best part is they failed. not enough lvl 18 warlocks in guild I guess, lol shoulda thought ahead.
    i lawl'd

seriously though...

WHO

CARES

Quote Originally Posted by det
    /wonders what "tones of threads" are.

So you compare Illidan to Anub? Right......erm....

Let us see how many threads there are when Arthas goes down world first. You kinda want to put Arthas in the same leage as Illidan and Kil'Jaeden...don't you?
    Ilidan t6 content the instance before swp wich was the last instance in the game.
    Anub t9 content the instance before icc the last instance in the game.

Both ilidan and anub have very deep roots in the w3 lore so yes i think comparing them is quite adequate.
    About arthas going down...well if he is the same dificulty as anub normal mode i don't think alot of people will care about him going down world first

Err didn't really read through the thread but I'm in said guild so I can kind of give away what's going on... Anyway not sure if this is one of the threads complaining about the titles or the extra attempts so I'll explain both... We stole the titles from a server which wasn't going to get them until the next expansion (lol) and we already had them from our home server but got them for recruits and raiding members that weren't there (and a couple of alts). On the topic of the money it cost paying $50 for a hobby isn't incredibly uncommon it only looks like a decent amount of cash because you're looking at 25 people transfering. Looks like the main topic of the thread is the extra attempts it probably wasn't worth it for the attempts since we probably wasted quite a few of the first set hurrying to do 50 then we were left with 10 on Anub left after our last raid night so would of got by without it. Not sure how much I'm allowed to say about how close we are to Anub will probably get it this week though if thats any indication.

w/ever, as of 9/10 the 'exploit' is fixed and your raidids do NOT get reset when you xfer.

10+ Year Old Account

Who really cares about world firsts? It's a video game that's almost dead. :