Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Crusader Aura addon?

Hey all, first time posting and was looking for a little help. I can't for the life of me find an addon that will automatically toggle Crusader Aura on when you mount up. I figured it would've been in one of those one-button mount addons like Squire or Mounted but no go, any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Re: Crusader Aura addon?

I have a suggestion, move your mouse to crusader aura and click.

Just make a macro

/cast crusader aura
    /cast <mountname>

and to turn it off just bind your preferred aura to your dismounting spell such as your running up on your mount to a mob and ya hit

/cast crusader aura
    /cast judgement

Quote Originally Posted by meroko
    Wow man, helpful. Insightful even.

Well, i can't believe your so lazy that you need an addon to turn on crusader for you...

If it's really that important, bind it to a key.

Lazy community is lazy :P

God forbid I want a little convenience.

Using this macro, turns on crusader when mounting, turns retri on. mounts sflying when able, doesnt work right iN WG wit the new flying thing

#showtooltip Charger
    /cast [nocombat, nomounted] !Crusader Aura; [mounted] !Retribution Aura;
    /cast [nocombat, nomounted] Snowy Gryphon;
    /cast [nocombat, nomounted] Charger;
    /dismount

Blizzard already gave you 1 button to click.
    Can't get much more convenient than that.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We have made no secret that we haven't happy with the paladin gameplay on live (Source)

Deleted

For all you pricks on tihs topic...play without ANY addon and than you have the right to post those things. Why does it botter you so much he wants to smoothen things up while mounting.

Quote Originally Posted by jaksan
    Using this macro, turns on crusader when mounting, turns retri on. mounts sflying when able, doesnt work right iN WG wit the new flying thing

#showtooltip Charger
    /cast [nocombat, nomounted] !Crusader Aura; [mounted] !Retribution Aura;
    /cast [nocombat, nomounted] Snowy Gryphon;
    /cast [nocombat, nomounted] Charger;
    /dismount
    that would put ret aura on while hes mounted not crusader aura

Plus yall are just stupid/mean

do you think hunters are lazy who make a pet md macro? Or a focus md macro?

How bout pvp scilence or interupt focus macro

I suggest a macro a viable solution and yall are just stupid

I don't understand why it's such a big deal that I want this. It doesn't necessarily mean I'm lazy. I'm already pressing the button to mount, so now I either have to click or hit another hotkey when I should just be able to get up and go. The logic most of you are using implies that you would absolutely loathe if somebody drove a car with power windows.

Also, thank you to those that looked into it, I will give that macro a shot.

He's not being lazy, it's really annoying having to turn on Crusader Aura every time you mount up plus having it macroed saves space on your bars. Unless you manually equipped carrot on a stick, mithril spurs, and riding gloves back in the day I would stop talking.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by D4nnYb0Y
    He's not being lazy, it's really annoying having to turn on Crusader Aura every time you mount up plus having it macroed saves space on your bars. Unless you manually equipped carrot on a stick, mithril spurs, and riding gloves back in the day I would stop talking.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by killarth
    that would put ret aura on while hes mounted not crusader aura

what this does is if he isnt mounted and he clicks it it casts crusader aura then a mount. but if he is mounted when he clicks it it casts retribution aura and then cancels the mount. that way when he mounts he has crusader and when he dismounts he has retri or w/e he wants to change it to
    Have an iPhone? Want to keep up to date with the latest iPhone news? Check out theiphonespot.net

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Changing auras is considered casting a spell and thus requires a hardware event, so it's not possible to have it auto-cast when you mount. However, if you use the mount/pet addon "Livestock", it has the option to auto-summon a mount when you put Crusader Aura on. Otherwise, your best bet is a "smart" buffing addon. I used to use ZOMGBuffs for this, but it hasn't been updated in a while and was causing large numbers of errors for me. I've since learned to live without it, but it's rough getting used to the lack of mousewheel buffing.

Quote Originally Posted by D4nnYb0Y
    You do realise that Crusader Aura doesn't take up space on your bars? It has it's only little set that it shares with all its other aura buddies, but I guess you knew that right? :

Quote Originally Posted by meroko
    Obvious troll is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Sym
    You do realise that Crusader Aura doesn't take up space on your bars? It has it's only little set that it shares with all its other aura buddies, but I guess you knew that right? :
    Last time I checked you cant hotkey those, and even if you can, he was talking about macroing it, which would require space on his bars.

As for the original post, as a few people have said, you cant have it done automatically, as its a spellcast. The best way I found is to have a single macro that handles all my auras, and just have different ones display under different conditions. ie [mounted] !Crusader Aura; [mod:shift] !Devotion Aura, etc. One button manages all auras. Otherwise just write it into a mounting macro like jakson posted. There are plenty of those around if his doesnt suit you.

They default to Ctrl+F1, Ctrl+F2 etc (Devo Aura being Ctrl+F1).
    I believe they're called Special Action Button in the keybinding menu.