Thread: KGPanels

KGPanels

Hey there,

I recently installed KGPanels and created my own UI. However I can't figure out how to integrate recount and omen into a panel.

I've watched tutorial and such but I just can't seem to get the hang of it.

Can someone explain to me in steps what I need to do?

Re: KGPanels

i dont think u can integrate them into a panel...you can make a panel and add them into it... i have been using KG panels for my healing UI and i put it into their own little panel but that got annoying so i took it out and left it out where ever was the most convenient at the time maybe someone else cna help you

You anchor the panel to the Recount or Omen box, if I recall correctly, but I forgot how to do it. I saw it in a tutorial, I'll go see if I can find it.

Edit: Found it, it's near the bottom of his tutorial. http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=47817.0

There should be an option to set a frame as another frames Parent, just set up your panel how and where you want it and set Your threat meter/damage meter as its parent. If you dont know the name of the parent MoveAnything will tell you.
    IM KILLING INTERNET DRAGONS!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo2k
    There should be an option to set a frame as another frames Parent, just set up your panel how and where you want it and set Your threat meter/damage meter as its parent. If you dont know the name of the parent MoveAnything will tell you.
    or just use this macro

Code:
    /script ChatFrame1:AddMessage("You are hovering over frame: " .. GetMouseFocus():GetName())
    :P

Thanks for the responses but I'm still confused as hell. I download a whole UI so I have two empty panels in the right corner where I want omen and recount in. When I use the script to get the name I get WorldFrame. I don't see that panelname anywhere. All the panels are name f1, f2 c5, c6 and such.

And in every tutorial I read I can't seem to find how does the panel know I want recount in it? There is nothing where I type in recount or omen.

I mean omen and recount to look like this: http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e.../UIscreen2.jpg

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

From the look of that UI, He didn't do any parenting/anchoring for that. He had the panel, and he just moved Omen and Recount so they were on top of the panel.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Putress
    Thanks for the responses but I'm still confused as hell. I download a whole UI so I have two empty panels in the right corner where I want omen and recount in. When I use the script to get the name I get WorldFrame. I don't see that panelname anywhere. All the panels are name f1, f2 c5, c6 and such.
    weird if i remember World frame is your view/playfield where you see everything and i forgot to say you need to keybind the macro and mouse over what you need to show the name
    then you just take that name and enter it where i have Xperl_Target (Respect the full name with caps and all or it wont work!)

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble
    From the look of that UI, He didn't do any parenting/anchoring for that. He had the panel, and he just moved Omen and Recount so they were on top of the panel.
    that sound a bit.. hum.. lazy, but well you dont need to parent it if the the background wont need to be hidden

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Yeah, it's incredibly lazy. But, if there's no dynamic hiding/showing of Recount/Omen, it works fine. I'd shoot myself before I let me do something like that.

Also, kgPanels has a built-in frame finder. Pull up the kgPanels config, then close it. Go into keybinds, and find the kgPanels FrameFinder binding. Bind some weird key to it. Then put your mouse over the window you want the name of, and click the key for the framefinder. It'll pop up a window with the name of the frame.