Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    get the helm enchant, if not reped up, gain enough rep for it.

change your boots enchant to a speed increase/stam combo.

try to get the heroics stam trinket, or DMF tank trinket to replace that dps one.
    Got the head enchant changes to the stam/dodge one, which let me re-gem my relic to straight mastery...

though I'm not sure about the other two you've got there...

Mastery is my best stat, I already have 138k health unbuffed and a run speed wont really matter when in most fights, so shouldn't I stick with my mastery enchant?

and which trinkets do you mean? I've yet to find one that is better then mine, even my strength one, it gives mastery so its still fairly good for a tank...

Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    get the helm enchant, if not reped up, gain enough rep for it.

change your boots enchant to a speed increase/stam combo.

try to get the heroics stam trinket, or DMF tank trinket to replace that dps one.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hersmoo/simple

please be serious i know im only 28
    99% of tank builds talent into PoJ. There is absolutely no reason to pick up boot enchant for run speed/stam. Go with 50 Mastery to boots to up your avoidance/mitigation closer to 102.4. Do not use the Leaden Despair heroic stam trinket. Stam is just mana sponge for healers and armor isn't like it was in wrath. The DMF trinket also is a very poor choice. Please pick up Throngus's Finger from Heroic Grim Batol or Porcelain Crab from Throne of Tides. These ones will net you much better survivability. Also, the MoBI from Tol Barad is an amazing choice, BiS for any magic heavy fight and even some non-magic ones. EH>Stam any day of the week.

Also, because you're 28, don't post about level 85s who are here for serious feedback to better themselves. If you would like help, ask.

This is not wrath where Stamina > all. I would like to ask again people do not post poor information when they do not fully understand the class mechanics of current Protection Paladins.
    Last edited by Zetsu727; 2011-03-14 at 10:55 PM.

just updating myself .....and a question is it worth if i get the Ret T11 pants cause if i do ill end up being 102.4 avoidence raid buffed ( .18 over actaully :P ) so should i get them? ....and also critique me as much as you like, im not getting wind walk till i get maloriak's mace

---------- Post added 2011-03-15 at 03:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deminthus View Post
    just updating myself .....and a question is it worth if i get the Ret T11 pants cause if i do ill end up being 102.4 avoidence raid buffed ( .18 over actaully :P ) so should i get them? ....and also critique me as much as you like, im not getting wind walk till i get maloriak's mace
    ok i went ahead and bough Ret T11 pants and now im only .07 avoidence away from 102.4 but still i think thats pretty good being that close...any imput would be nice discussing these pants

Quote Originally Posted by Hegr View Post
    Let me know what I could improve on:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/lothar/hxr/simple
    Lose both the stam trinkets for avoidance trinkets. Effective health is always better than raw stam. Situationally they might prove useful, but more often than not, you'll be better off with avoidance/mitigation.

You have armor on your gloves instead of Greater Mastery. That can be fixed. You're engineer with no tinker on your gloves. Not familiar with what can be used in Cata with this profession, but I would look into that.

Your bracers have expertise reforged into parry. Change that reforge into mastery please.

You have a lot of Stamina gems you should get rid of.

Red Socket - Parry/Mastery
    Yellow Socket - Mastery/Stamina
    Blue Socket - Mastery/Stamina

Get your avoidance up to 102.4, then worry about stamina.

thanks for the advice Zetsu

and as far as tinkering with gloves...

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=82177 is the only thing useful until http://www.wowhead.com/spell=82175 is changed in patch 4.1
    Last edited by Hegr; 2011-03-15 at 04:02 AM.

here is my newly dinged paladin please let me know if there is anything i can improve on my current gear.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...light/advanced
    Last edited by Camun; 2011-03-15 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Spelling

not sure what you mean by newly dinged, you have been 85 for 6 weeks

from what ive learned (mostly from zetsu) ((keep in mind that i might be 100% wrong here but im trying to learn so if im wrong i hope to be told that im wrong))

the mastery/stam or any gem with /stam should be parry/mastery unless the socket bonus is +30 of some avoidance stat

so bracers, gloves, belt, pants, boots, and relic should all be regemmed to parry mastery. Id reforge the relics hit to dodge, same with your MH, and taking a shot in the dark im not sure the neck should be reforged to mastery but that one might be an exception

I hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by caboose1984 View Post
    not sure what you mean by newly dinged, you have been 85 for 6 weeks

from what ive learned (mostly from zetsu) ((keep in mind that i might be 100% wrong here but im trying to learn so if im wrong i hope to be told that im wrong))

the mastery/stam or any gem with /stam should be parry/mastery unless the socket bonus is +30 of some avoidance stat

so bracers, gloves, belt, pants, boots, and relic should all be regemmed to parry mastery. Id reforge the relics hit to dodge, same with your MH, and taking a shot in the dark im not sure the neck should be reforged to mastery but that one might be an exception

I hope this helps!
    i have only been lvl 85 for about 13 or 12 days today i think so i think u got the numbers mixed up but okay i thought that i was suppose to stack mastery until avoidance cap and then start taking dodge/parry more seriously since block doesnt have DR and parry and dodge do.

Alright, throwing this in here for a specific purpose as I've become tired of digging through EJ e-peen contests. Seems like answers are quicker and more useful here.

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/laughing-skull/ink%C3%BD/simple

This is my present tanking setup. (Before I go further, I'd like to point out that I have completely specced away from WoG deliberately because of the changes coming to it for next patch. Trying to get everyone in my raid used to the fact that the prot pally can't emergency heal everything.) My main issue/concern are two-fold. First: I am running Mirror/Vial for tanking setup, and while I know that two use trinkets are generally frowned upon, I find myself shying away from other tanking options. Leaden Despair just seems like a joke (har har, wotlk stam stack), I like throngus' but so far physical damage is nowhere near a problem for me as a class, and Porcelain crap contributes to my Mastery, but doesn't seem to come up enough. (The DMC disappointed me for tanking this expansion, won't lie.) I like Symbiotic Worm a deal better than Vial, but my Holy Paladin is 1337, and I am rarely below 50% health between Mitigation and his heals. The only situational fight so far I find I DEFINITELY need a specific setup for is Omni. Mirror/Symbiotic due to magic damage. I guess the short and small of this is: Is there an accepted trinket list for boss fights?

The other problem I'm running into here (and yes, I've read the earlier forums, and no I'm not looking to start a debate on this) is: Windwalk. The dodge rating bonus seems excellent. However, 6 maelstrom crystals for one tanking enchant leads me to the raid-weight. Right now, as you can see from my profile, I'm running Blade Ward (Mending doesn't seem like a tank thing, and my hit isn't a concern atm). Is windwalk something WORTH investing guild funds in? (I do see the gains, but the cost makes me question.)

Quote Originally Posted by Inky View Post
    Alright, throwing this in here for a specific purpose as I've become tired of digging through EJ e-peen contests. Seems like answers are quicker and more useful here.

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/laughing-skull/ink%C3%BD/simple

This is my present tanking setup. (Before I go further, I'd like to point out that I have completely specced away from WoG deliberately because of the changes coming to it for next patch. Trying to get everyone in my raid used to the fact that the prot pally can't emergency heal everything.) My main issue/concern are two-fold. First: I am running Mirror/Vial for tanking setup, and while I know that two use trinkets are generally frowned upon, I find myself shying away from other tanking options. Leaden Despair just seems like a joke (har har, wotlk stam stack), I like throngus' but so far physical damage is nowhere near a problem for me as a class, and Porcelain crap contributes to my Mastery, but doesn't seem to come up enough. (The DMC disappointed me for tanking this expansion, won't lie.) I like Symbiotic Worm a deal better than Vial, but my Holy Paladin is 1337, and I am rarely below 50% health between Mitigation and his heals. The only situational fight so far I find I DEFINITELY need a specific setup for is Omni. Mirror/Symbiotic due to magic damage. I guess the short and small of this is: Is there an accepted trinket list for boss fights?

The other problem I'm running into here (and yes, I've read the earlier forums, and no I'm not looking to start a debate on this) is: Windwalk. The dodge rating bonus seems excellent. However, 6 maelstrom crystals for one tanking enchant leads me to the raid-weight. Right now, as you can see from my profile, I'm running Blade Ward (Mending doesn't seem like a tank thing, and my hit isn't a concern atm). Is windwalk something WORTH investing guild funds in? (I do see the gains, but the cost makes me question.)
    Is Windwalk worth 6 maelstroms? Yes. No question about it on that weapon. If you were using something else, maybe not. On that weapon, yes. Your healers will appreciate it. The enchants to chest and gloves are worth it imo, but if you're strapped for crystals, those are the ones I would skip in favor of WW. All of the weapon enchants are a priority on raid drop weapons imo.

Your gear is good (although, the rep cloak from Hyjal is better than yours). I understand your choice of trinkets. I have several that I swap around depending on the fight. They're nice to hold on to. When I'm not on Nef, I typically use the Impatience of Youth (on use gives parry and threat).

Your gear is definitely a 9/10.

I understand why you changed your points away from WoG talents, but I personally feel that they are still worth keeping around, just because you won't be spamming it as much doesn't mean that you won't still use it. Having a WoG grant Holy Shield is still an awesome talent. 20s on WoG really only ensures that you're casting it at 3 HP, not just spamming at 1 and 2. Additionally, if you do cast WoG on cd, and it keeps up Holy Shield, you don't have to worry about juggling it as much. Also, having WoG grant another 3 HP on use is still optimal. Yes, you can't cast another WoG right away, but you can hit someone with a shield for threat and damage. Additionally, if we're talking about a raid set up, The hammer talent isn't bad, but it's not any good on bosses. You don't talent for trash. Another thing is the hammer of righteous talent. Yes it will give you very slightly more dps, but the WoG talents are still better.

I don't like your spec, and you're free to disagree with me so I won't rate you based on your spec. The only big thing I see is the cloak.

9/10

Note: My armory is linked below sig.
    Last edited by Eisenhorne; 2011-03-15 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Note:

Thanks to Shiri

Armory

Until we have a more steadfast point of what we will and won't be able to do with WoG (as opposed to the current "we feel, what we want, and what we'd like" blizzard setup of quotations), I am leaning on WoG not being in the rotation. When we get a "This is what your going to get. This is how it's going to work, no more changes to it" attitude for the next patch content, I will look into the spec again, but for the time being, I'm going for the better safe than sorry idea. (Holy Power not being generated by crusader strike on a miss; well, that was intended, but since it came out, there have been the back and forth arguement about hit and expertise, which I tried both sides of that coin, and accounts for why my cloak is what it is. Thanks for pointing it out though, I had thought I'd picked up the new one.) In the meantime, SotR is helping contribute enough, and I really feel my healers dont need help.

As for the point in hammer of justice, *Shrug* I was coming into a situation where it wasn't up enough. It will be being moved to Hallowed Ground; probably. Same spec from when Hammer of Justice was still an interrupt.

I figured I'd post and see what everyone thinks since the discussion here seems good.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../kalief/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Eisenhorne View Post
    I understand why you changed your points away from WoG talents, but I personally feel that they are still worth keeping around, just because you won't be spamming it as much doesn't mean that you won't still use it. Having a WoG grant Holy Shield is still an awesome talent. 20s on WoG really only ensures that you're casting it at 3 HP, not just spamming at 1 and 2. Additionally, if you do cast WoG on cd, and it keeps up Holy Shield, you don't have to worry about juggling it as much. Also, having WoG grant another 3 HP on use is still optimal. Yes, you can't cast another WoG right away, but you can hit someone with a shield for threat and damage. Additionally, if we're talking about a raid set up, The hammer talent isn't bad, but it's not any good on bosses. You don't talent for trash. Another thing is the hammer of righteous talent. Yes it will give you very slightly more dps, but the WoG talents are still better.

I don't like your spec, and you're free to disagree with me so I won't rate you based on your spec. The only big thing I see is the cloak.

9/10

Note: My armory is linked below sig.
    Honestly, if you're wasting talents on Word of Glory, it's probably cause your healers are bad, or you're not adjusting your gear on a fight to fight basis. In heroic raids, I'm sorry, you're not going to be topped often enough to actually get the absorb from the over heal. Your shield should be up all the time anyways if you're using your Shield of the Righteous at every 3HP. That means your 2 points in that talent are wasted. Eternal Glory talent I can kind of agree is useful, but that's only if you're getting the 3HP proc. If you aren't talented, glyphed, etc. for Word of Glory, the heal is virtually nothing in comparison to damage taken and healers healing you. Word of Glory glyph has many better replacements anyways to allow you to TANK better, not heal better. Remember, we are tanks. While it's fun we can throw baby heals out, they are just that: baby heals.

I realize some kids are going to throw this out on the forums saying I can hit 50k heals with Word of Glory back to back! or things of that nature. This is talking purely 4.1. Right now, I understand Word of Glory is strong, but I recommend all tanks get out of the habit of spamming it now, otherwise we're going to be flooded with tears from the 20sec WoG thread.

If you want to tank and heal, go Death Knight. They are designed to play that way.

@Kalief

You have way too much stamina and not enough avoidance. I can see you tank heroics and I know a lot of tanks are going that route because of the heavy damage, but Effective Health > Actual Health, always. You can use Mirror of Broken Images to reduce a lot of magic damage, run Mastery/Resistance elixirs over Stam flask, reglyph your Divine Protection for 40% magical reduction if the fight calls for it. Sure, you can take huge hits, but that's exactly what you're doing - taking huge hits that are not mitigated at all. You are just draining your healers mana. I would highly recommend fixing that.

Also, I would look into the break point on your heroic pieces of gear. You will actually get more overall avoidance reforging dodge/parry into mastery over your lower stat. For example, your overall avoidance will increase reforging dodge on your neck into mastery rather reforging the lower amount of hit into mastery. That is just one example.

Another thing I noticed is you have a lot of straight stamina gems. With as low as your avoidance is overall, I would recommend the following -

Red Socket - Parry/Mastery
    Yellow Socket - JC Mastery Gems since they are available to you.
    Blue Socket - Mastery/Stamina

Balance out your dodge and parry ratings to reduce diminishing returns on either.

Once your overall avoidance is 102.4, then worry about slowly working your HP back up. Below is a macro to check your overall avoidance.

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Need 102.4 combat table coverage. Currently at: "..string.format("%.2f", GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance()+GetParryChance()+5))

7/10 Overall.
    Last edited by Zetsu727; 2011-03-16 at 06:07 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rate me guys, apart from the exalted shoulder enchant, where can I improve?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tyana/advanced
    Talking to Majordomo before we are all ready will give you a quest: [60][R]Looking for guild!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sup guys, what do you think about my Pally? (link in sig, can't link with such small post number)

Quote Originally Posted by Larrius View Post
    Sup guys, what do you think about my Pally? (link in sig, can't link with such small post number)
    umm... is there a reason why you're gemmed like that? Red = parry/mastery Blue = Mastery/Stam Yellow = Mastery. Don't worry about hit/exp

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reason is I had quite a lot problems with threat and our raid don't have permanent rogue/hunter spot (10 man) and our Furry pulls 33k threat on avarage with burst up to 40k. Had to go Exp soft cap (using 10 free Exp SoT Glyph).

Yeah and I know people will go "LOLOLOL, it's only first 30sec herp derp, then just faceroll and let Vengeance carry you". Well, as I said Furry warrior output massive DPS in our raid and massive threat with ~30k on avarage (and it's being in ilvl359 gear, I'm afraid what he will do when he will start getting ilvl372).
    Last edited by Larrius; 2011-03-19 at 01:03 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larrius View Post
    Reason is I had quite a lot problems with threat and our raid don't have permanent rogue/hunter spot (10 man) and our Furry pulls 33k threat on avarage with burst up to 40k. Had to go Exp soft cap (using 10 free Exp SoT Glyph).

Yeah and I know people will go "LOLOLOL, it's only first 30sec herp derp, then just faceroll and let Vengeance carry you". Well, as I said Furry warrior output massive DPS in our raid and massive threat with ~30k on avarage (and it's being in ilvl359 gear, I'm afraid what he will do when he will start getting ilvl372).
    That suggests he is being a burden on the raids if he is generating considerably more threat than his damage and requires a tank to gear away from survivability to compensate.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Exp is quite easy to soft cap since no DR for it, especially as Paladin with Seal of Truth. But Furry warrior pull 22-25k on avarage. He is always 7-10k ahead of everyone else.