Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Can someone clearify the HS Change?

Did they change it to basically 10% per disease on main target, 5% per disease on secondary or is it now damage to main target and 50% dmg to secondary target? :X

*edit i meant Heart Strike*

Re: Can someone clearify the HS Change?

5% per disease to 2nd target id think but the 50% seems more likely

Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo
    It looks like it is 5% per disease modifier (instead of 10%) on secondary targets, with your base cleave attack still doing the same damage as your primary attack.

If it is 50% total damage cleave attack, then blood just got shafted to the ground and DK's are not only inferior tanks, but inferior dps'ers too and pretty much useless.
    that's what I was thinking. HOPEFULLY its 5% per disease and its not a bad nerf. if its 50% i'll be pissed.

The way they worded it looks like 5% extra damage from diseases to secondary target. Like the previous poster said 50% damage to secondary target doesn't sound too far off. Either way I'm fine with it, my single target dps is fine and it's not so often that there's something to effectively cleave.

*just read new posts right above mine* ya that would be a nasty nerf for blood tanks -.-

im hoping i just miss undertood,,

but looks like a 50% damage nerf to our secondary target.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

It looks like it is 5% per disease modifier (instead of 10%) on secondary targets, with your base cleave attack still doing the same damage as your primary attack.
    This is how I read it as well... though it could be wishful thinking/hoping on my part! Pleeeease don't be 50% overall.

Seems pretty clear to me that it's only a 5% modifier on second target. Didn't start thinking otherwise until I read this post.

This clearly looks like a PVP nerf, but nobody plays that deep in to blood in PVP. Doesn't seem like it's even worth the trouble to nerf it for PVE. This one is odd.

Its the bonus damage from diseases that has been changed, not the base damage of the cleave. On the primary target, the damage is increased by 10% for each disease. On the secondary target, thte damage is increase by 5% for each disease.

"now has its total damage increased by 10% for each of your diseases on the target to the primary target, and half that to the secondary target."

Its not 50% overall, and am I correct in thinking this might be a single target damage buff, and that this thread should be in the DK class subforum.
    Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly

http://maggeddon.blogspot.com/
    http://twitter.com/#!/JSMcGough

It currently does the same base damage +10% per disease on the secondary target. The change states that it will now do base damage + 5% per disease. What isn't there to understand there?
    User has been banned for excessive flaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Desdemona
    It currently does the same base damage +10% per disease on the secondary target. The change states that it will now do base damage + 5% per disease. What isn't there to understand there?
    He wanted clarification to ensure that it wasn't actually a 50% nerf to base hs damage on secondary target.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggeddon
    Its the bonus damage from diseases that has been changed, not the base damage of the cleave. On the primary target, the damage is increased by 10% for each disease. On the secondary target, thte damage is increase by 5% for each disease.

"now has its total damage increased by 10% for each of your diseases on the target to the primary target, and half that to the secondary target."

Its not 50% overall, and am I correct in thinking this might be a single target damage buff, and that this thread should be in the DK class subforum.
    Yes, should have been in the DK forum. But the single target damage is not a buff or a nerf, it remains completely the same. They just nerfed the cleave.

Quote Originally Posted by scathos
    He wanted clarification to ensure that it wasn't actually a 50% nerf to base hs damage on secondary target.
    Did it say that in the note? Would they go about saying it the way they did when "Heart Strikes now do 50% less damage on secondary targets" would have been more succinct?

I'm sorry, but there is such a thing as a stupid question. Or, more correctly, there is such a thing as a stupid person asking an obvious question that doesn't need to be asked in the first place if said person had a fucking clue.

Basically you'll have to decide which of your two targets should die first.

Quote Originally Posted by Desdemona
    Did it say that in the note? Would they go about saying it the way they did when "Heart Strikes now do 50% less damage on secondary targets" would have been more succinct?

I'm sorry, but there is such a thing as a stupid question. Or, more correctly, there is such a thing as a stupid person asking an obvious question that doesn't need to be asked in the first place if said person had a fucking clue.
    The answer was not so clear to some people. He was not impolite and he did not voice his question in an incompetent manner. Nothing he said gave any reason to treat him in a demeaning manner.

Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken
    Did they change it to basically 10% per disease on main target, 5% per disease on secondary or is it now damage to main target and 50% dmg to secondary target? :X

*edit i meant Heart Strike*
    Who cares about dk's your still gonna be op.
    Quote Originally Posted by LonezWulf
    no lol her dick was bigger than my own

Every deathknight will now be QQ'ing (including me).
    But ye, "if said person had a fucking clue" (in your words) they would't of moaned about someone asking the question.

Maybe you've learnt your lesson not to assume things now (and hopefully not to whine at other people for asking questions)
    Lol that is pretty funny. That guy nerdraged over nothing. Looks like I had a legit question. He needs to get a clue. XD

ok...simply put:

PRIMARY TARGET- You will do the same as you do now.

SECONDARY TARGET- You will do LESS than you do now.

So against something like a BOSS you wont have any issues, this is a trash/tanking nerf, but its nothing to worry about.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by scathos
    The answer was not so clear to some people. He was not impolite and he did not voice his question in an incompetent manner. Nothing he said gave any reason to treat him in a demeaning manner.
    Coddle idiots all you want. I refuse to do so. If a person is too fucking stupid to understand what they read, they're too fucking worthless of any compassion from me. (And here's a follow-up hint: If you're trying to rationalize why the original idiot isn't an idiot, you're an even bigger idiot.)

If you take a moment to read the updated PTR patch notes it'll all be very clear I think?

Death Knight

•Frost Presence: The damage reduction granted by this ability has been increased from 5% to 8%.
    Pets

•Gnaw: This death knight ghoul ability now has a 1-minute cooldown.
    Blood

•Heart Strike: Secondary targets of Heart Strike now take half as much damage.
    •Subversion: Now also increases the critical strike chance of Scourge Strike by 3/6/9%.
    •Vampiric Blood: Cooldown reduced to 1 minute and duration reduced to 10 seconds.
    Frost

•Threat of Thassarian now also causes Rune Strike to use both weapons when dual-wielding.
    •Unbreakable Armor: Cooldown reduced to 1 minute and changed back to granting 25% additional armor while active instead of flat damage reduction based on armor. The amount of strength granted has been reduced to 10%.
    Unholy

•Bone Shield: Cooldown reduced to 1 minute.
    •Dirge: This talent no longer grants additional runic power from using Obliterate.
    I bolded the part that is really interesting. =P To me, half as much damage sounds like half as much damage. ^-^

Anyway, what a big nerf this is.
    50% less damage to secondary targets. Major suckage
    Yet cleave and whirlwind are unchanged, I'm not seeing how this big a nerf is necessary.