What's up with client?

Hello, I just tried to download the WoW Client via wow-europe.com and everything went fine until the actual installation.

When I got to about 2% of the installation an error poped up and said to me the following:

The file "MPQs-2\BurningCrusade common\unconditional\Data#expansion.MPQ\Sound\Music\GlueScreenMusic\BCCredits_Lament_of_th e_Highborne.mp3" in archive "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Blizzard Entertainment\World of Warcraft Installer\Installer Tome 4.mpq" could not be opened, because an error 2 occurred. If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (MPQFile::OpenFromArchive)

DownloadURL failed - Timed out - http://eu-c.cdn.blizzard.com/streami...enGB/Installer Tome 4.mpq
    And I tried to call the technical support line but they were "busy" if I got it right.

If I've read the instructions right, I shouldn't need to download vanilla nor burning crusade before I download WotLK.

All helpers get's a thanks up front!

Nuza

Re: What's up with client?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Ummm..... WotLK doesn't include the TBC OR vanilla content. WotLK is an expansion onto Vanilla, and i believe it also requires The Burning Crusade to be installed. You need to download and install both first.
    Verry strange. i dint have to download all 3 when i re-installed WoW. was enough for me to get the Wrath installer, as it searched an installed everything via download to me.

OP: i have no idea what the problem may be. sorry.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Vek%27nilash&cn=Cullum

Ummm..... WotLK doesn't include the TBC OR vanilla content. WotLK is an expansion onto Vanilla, and i believe it also requires The Burning Crusade to be installed. You need to download and install both first.
    AFAIK, the online installer does install the "vanilla" and TBC, not sure if the box retail version does.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuza
    DownloadURL failed - Timed out - http://eu-c.cdn.blizzard.com/streami...enGB/Installer Tome 4.mpq
    This would indicate a problem occurred during the downloading of the game files. However, I suggest you post on the official wow forums.

Another option would be to download the "vanilla" installer and when done let the game patch its way up to WoTLK. You can save some time by downloading the patches from a mirror. (http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_mirrors)
    ~Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.~
    ~Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for.~

From the download page:

The universal installer can download and install every version of World of Warcraft, including Wrath of the Lich King and The Burning Crusade. If you already have an active World of Warcraft account and simply need to install or reinstall the game or its expansions, you can download all full World of Warcraft clients using our installation program.

After selecting the product you wish to install (World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King, World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade, or World of Warcraft), the installer automatically identifies which files you need to download and installs them on your hard drive.

So, if you did choose World of Warcraft and it is still failing you might try moving the installer file to something like c:\wow and run it from there. You might be running into an issue where a path is too long.

15+ Year Old Account

What's up with your signature all I see is 3 huge boxes with the little "x"s in the corner cause the images aren't being displayed
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.