PvP Affliction Crit or Haste Offpieces?

What are you going for?

Re: PvP Affliction or Haste Offpieces?

15+ Year Old Account

I don't know if you meant crit and haste, but you always go for haste. Every time.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    I don't know if you meant crit and haste, but you always go for haste. Every time.
    Ah ye, typo for shure. And, i followed the AJ discussion, but i don't know, i can't see that much use in haste, as the people there. If cleave zergs you, you can't cast anyway. Oh, and dotcrits are awesome, if you go for haste you only have ~15% trough gear.
    I know, most competitve arenaplayer will say go haste, but i want to also hear the opionen of more bg fixed players etc.

15+ Year Old Account

Haste allows you to get off more control spells in between your damaging spells. For example, when Eradication procs, with 20% base haste, your 1.5s Fear is now 1.0s. All your dots take 1s to cast. UA included, which is borderline control and damage.

Being able to cast 3 UA's in the span it takes someone else to cast 2 is awesome, and much more effective than casting 3 spells that have a chance to hit harder, reduced by resilience (both chance and damage).

Plus, if you ever manage to get someone to drain soul range, 15/1.5 = 2s ticks. Trust me when I say healers don't expect 5k dps from an affliction lock.

R.I.P. YARG

Re: PvP Affliction Crit or Haste Offpieces?

Crit or haste for aff?
    hard to get a real answear to that question since people think different.

I personaly like crit more. Affliction lacks spike damage and thats exactly what crit gives.
    The problem i see with haste is that you need a very large ammount to even notice it, and that is very hard to get with full pvp gear.

Edit: btw DON'T forget that you need 130 spell penetration and also 4-7% hit. I use off-parts to get to the caps so i got like 1-3 parts i have to choose betwin haste or crit.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nixia
    Crit or haste for aff?
    hard to get a real answear to that question since people think different.

I personaly like crit more. Affliction lacks spike damage and thats exactly what crit gives.
    The problem i see with haste is that you need a very large ammount to even notice it, and that is very hard to get with full pvp gear.
    Affliction has some burst, but this is why a healer has to dps sometimes too. I ran a fairly successful Paladin/Lock 2's comp in S4. Didn't make it very far, but the Paladin was set up (and played extremely well) to blow up a target when they got below 35%. When I saw him Judge a target, that was my cue to open up as best I could, usually with a death coil on the healer and searing pain spam. He continued to dps with a Hammer of Wrath, and Holy Shock. Usually they died.

Im a big supporter of teams that make up for your weaknesses and gear that increase your strengths. Other people like playing "well rounded" gear. Its really up to you in the end.

R.I.P. YARG

I agree at some parts but i still beleve that crit is better. You need ~2 parts with hit which means you'll have 3 parts with either haste or crit on them and that ammount of haste they provide isn't enought to make a difference imo.

My advice is, pick whatever you feel like since you won't get a strait answear from here.

I spell terrible today >.< got to sleep more.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nixia
    I agree at some parts but i still beleve that crit is better. You need ~2 parts with hit which means you'll have 3 parts with either haste or crit on them and that ammount of haste they provide isn't enought to make a difference imo.

My advice is, pick whatever you feel like since you won't get a strait answear from here.

I spell terrible today >.< got to sleep more.
    My counter argument is that haste requires 32 points to gain 1 extra spell per 100, whereas crit requires 45 points to gain 1 extra crit per 100. Thus equal points results in more dps for haste wielders.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    My counter argument is that haste requires 32 points to gain 1 extra spell per 100, whereas crit requires 45 points to gain 1 extra crit per 100. Thus equal points results in more dps for haste wielders.
    The dps argument doesn't work on this point, since you do rarely cast dps spells in arenas, but your crit also does work when you are trained and can't get spells other than instants off.

Haste ofc. Most people will have like 10% less chance to be crit due to resilience. Even if you use crit offpieces you'd only end up around 5% effective crit in a pvp environment which makes haste far superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Flippin
    Haste ofc. Most people will have like 10% less chance to be crit due to resilience. Even if you use crit offpieces you'd only end up around 5% effective crit in a pvp environment which makes haste far superior.
    What? You will have around 30% Crit on Dots with crit offpieces. And still, most classes don't go over 600 or 700 resil.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Flippin
    You forgot the 9% crit to UA and Corruption via talents.

R.I.P. YARG