Warlock DPS with 10man gear - how to improve?

Hello everyone,
    i wanna ask some help to raise (if possible) my current DPS during raids.
    First thing is that i raid ONLY 10 man content atm (new guild growing up ^^) so i have access to items from Ulduar 10 and, in a near future, ToCrusader 10 (and ofc all the emblem gear).

I am Destro specced and my gear is this:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&n=Missingbone

Take in consideration that during raid i swap Eye of the Broodmother with Dying curse and Handwraps of surrendered hope with Gloves of Grandeur (with +28 spellpower on them) to be Hit Capped WITHOUT using suppression.
    My rotation is IMMOLATE > CONFLAGRATE > CHAOS BOLT > INCINERATE (filler) and i think its the standard Destro rotation (tell me if i am wrong).

In raid, with Gift of the Wild, BoK, Flask of the Frost Wyrm, Priest spirit buff, spellpower food and, ofc, Firestone i usually reach 4.3k on static or semistatic fight (Koralon, Emalon, etc) and something like 3.3/3.5k dps on fight with lots of movement.

Any advice is more than welcome ^^
    Missingbone

Re: Warlock DPS with 10man gear - how to improve?

Straight off the bat, you can improve your DPS by modifying your rotation to be Immolate > Chaos Bolt > Conflagrate > Incinerate as filler, and practise using Conflagrate everytime the cooldown is up. The more frequent Backlash and Cataclysm procs will help boost your overall DPS.

The reason for rotating Chaos Bolt and Conflagrate in your rotation is that it takes anywhere between 500 and 1000ms for your Immolate to register on the target and let you cast Conflagrate. You may as well use that time productively.

Throw corruption in there right after Immo before the conflag to eat up the time before it becomes available. Also, for fights +1min, if you've got a dk or boomkin, use CoDoom.

thx for the above suggestion, i wil surely try both.

What about Haste? i am aiming at 500 haste unbuffed, is that enough or the most = the better?
    And Spirit? should i ignore it or try to raise it a bit?

10+ Year Old Account

Long fights use curse of doom, unless you have to use curse of elements if noone else have a similar debuff availible.
    Immolate > conflag > chaos bolt > incinerate

Use conflag as often as its up, atleast your best to do so. Casting curse of doom after conflag can be a better dps result as you are likely to gain pyroclasm.
    If you have to move, use corruption aswell.

Some use to swap chaos bolt and conflagrate, ive tried both myself but cant say it was much of a noticeable diffrence in dps. So do what you feel suits you the most.

Also having improved soul leech means less time spent on lifetapping, just drop one point from destructive reach.

Considering the numbers, what i have posted do you think is in line with my gear/specc or should i output more?
    static fiight: 4.3k dps
    moving fight: 3.3/3.5k dps

15+ Year Old Account

1) Do the daily, every single day.
    2) Do TOC10 as much as you can
    3) Wait until 3.2.2 and buy Crusader Orbs
    4) Find someone to make you Merlin's Robe and the Bejeweled Bracers.
    5) Do the same with the belt and boots with Runed Orbs.
    6) Profit.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by Missingbone
    thx for the above suggestion, i wil surely try both.

What about Haste? i am aiming at 500 haste unbuffed, is that enough or the most = the better?
    And Spirit? should i ignore it or try to raise it a bit?
    As far as I know you shouldn't "aim" for haste as such. Go for Spell Power once hit capped, haste and crit will come naturally with better gear.

Spirit is a nice stat to fill those blue sockets with. Nothing more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    I'd ride for the sole fact that its a huge cock. It'd be hilarious.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gahouf!
    As far as I know you shouldn't "aim" for haste as such. Go for Spell Power once hit capped, haste and crit will come naturally with better gear.

Spirit is a nice stat to fill those blue sockets with. Nothing more.
    Yellow Sockets where the bonus is 6 haste or spell power or more should be filled with Reckless gems (sp/haste), as a general rule.

R.I.P. YARG