Thread: HotR changes?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: HotR changes?

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPower
    That means it going to go live and then get "fixed" in the patch after.
    Pretty much this lol.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall
    They can always change the way seals work in that the damage is boosted by the damage of your attack.

I.E, Autoattack for 300(I know it's low, I pulled these numbers out of my ass), seal of righteousness hits for 300.

HotR for 1k, seal of righteousness hits for 1k. Aaalll that holy damage would get translated as threat.

Of course, they might be making a push to make pally threat be generated by more passive means(ret aura, consecrate, holy shield). If that's the case then :[
    You can't unless you make that active ONLY when RF is up and have it scale with Defense- Otherwise You'll have Rets hitting with 3k+ Seal procs 100% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    You can't unless you make that active ONLY when RF is up and have it scale with Defense- Otherwise You'll have Rets hitting with 3k+ Seal procs 100% of the time.
    Like I said...out of my ass.

Though that's not that bad of an idea, having it scale with defense...but then we'd have ret pally's in tanking gear...so...

passive threat, then, gentlemen?

wow..... are paladins REALLY complaining bout threat loss?...
    u match ANY tank with a paladin... and see if they can pull off the paladin.... without taunts.... (of course im assuming both players are GOOD at what they do)....
    Paladin Threat Generation has been OP for god knows how long.... and the damage they do WHILE putting out that threat is just rediculas..... seriously... you guys are acting like dk tanks in 3.2.... Blizzard is doing it for a reason... so quit ur whining

Quote Originally Posted by SargorVirm
    u match ANY tank with a paladin... and see if they can pull off the paladin.... without taunts.... (of course im assuming both players are GOOD at what they do)....
    Paladin Threat Generation has been OP for god knows how long.... and the damage they do WHILE putting out that threat is just rediculas..... seriously... you guys are acting like dk tanks in 3.2.... Blizzard is doing it for a reason... so quit ur whining
    This
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunk
    The goblins have allied with the horde in the past, so i assume that the Alliance force thought that the Goblins are once more in league with the goblins.

Quote Originally Posted by Koki
    This
    Quote Originally Posted by SargorVirm
    Both warriors wearing badge gear and blues gemed for defense speced into booming voice and focused rage with 0 points in anticipation or gag order, and 2 points in Shield Specialization. True story.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

I can pull off of pally's with DnD if consecrate hasn't been down long enough.

Hell, howling blast, too.

Quote Originally Posted by SPF18
    Both warriors wearing badge gear and blues gemed for defense speced into booming voice and focused rage with 0 points in anticipation or gag order, and 2 points in Shield Specialization. True story.
    Doesn't make what he said any less true.

Prot pallies are the ONE tank I don't have issues with pulling off of, both in the long term and in short term. And for the most part the only time threat is an issue is when you are forced to push DPS from the very start, which a prot pally excels at with wings.

If this threat loss if a problem for you, you should read more info on your class because you are definitely doing a lot wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlyelementary
    Doesn't make what he said any less true.

Prot pallies are the ONE tank I don't have issues with pulling off of, both in the long term and in short term. And for the most part the only time threat is an issue is when you are forced to push DPS from the very start, which a prot pally excels at with wings.

If this threat loss if a problem for you, you should read more info on your class because you are definitely doing a lot wrong.
    And you raiding with fail tanks doesn't change the fact that you and them both just read that we were upset about a change to our moves and thought we were bitching, so in turn started bitching without reading the thread. I'm going to assume you're a Death Knight because you rather seem like one...it honestly doesn't matter whether you are or not. Let's just pretend you are, and let's pretend that they change all of your moves to Holy Damage. Let's even pretend it doesn't nerf your DPS, threat, and have a glitch where it can't crit...would you be happy with it doing Holy damage? We're paladins, the Light is our shield and our sword...and slowly it's being turned into neither. As I said, this change (which hopefully GC is right about and won't go through) gives us a 50 point cleave. Nothing more, and that seems a little shitty to me.

Edit: Typo.

And you raiding with fail tanks doesn't change the fact that you and them both just read that we were upset about a change to our moves and thought we were bitching, so in turn started bitching without reading the thread. I'm going to assume you're a Death Knight because you rather seem like one...it honestly doesn't matter whether you are or not. Let's just pretend you are, and let's pretend that they change all of your moves to Holy Damage. Let's even pretend it doesn't nerf your DPS, threat, and have a glitch where it can't crit...would you be happy with it doing Holy damage? We're paladins, the Light is our shield and our sword...and slowly it's being turned into neither. As I said, this change (which hopefully GC is right about and won't go through) gives us a 60 point cleave. Nothing more, and that seems a little shitty to me.
    I'm a little confused, because I actually did read this thread but are you sure you did too?

I see nothing but paladins unsure of whether this is a nerf or not, and are concerned that if it is a nerf they will not be able to compete threat wise. All of my tanks are solid, and I would go as far as to say our prot pally is the least aware, but as it stands, he demolishes the other tanks on threat.

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/clazz/tps/all/8/0/3

Does that seem like paladins are OK currently?

You should focus on what you are good at, like mindlessly bitching about RP and how little it makes sense what school of magic you deal damage from.

So, to prove Paladin threat is OP, you link a chart with a Death Knight at the top?

Good going.

I felt the picture was necessary addition.

So, to prove Paladin threat is OP, you link a chart with a Death Knight at the top?

Good going.
    Scroll down maybe? Goddam you are thick.

I realise you may not know the mechanics, as I highly doubt your guild clears much more then the regular mode, but it's expected for a DK to top TPS on the specific fight you are mentioning (assuming you are that dumb and looked at top fight then came back here to troll). Same goes for person under my edit, could at least wowwiki the fights, even more then that, it's CC I would hope you cleared it.

What does scrolling down prove? That more people play Paladins? I don't think you were bitching about there being too many Paladins (maybe you'd like to edit more QQ in?). Or maybe you were just unaware that they already changed our main threat stat so that we had to stack Strength as well and nerfed our Threat Multiplier and that this was just an unnecessary kick in the pants? Hmmm?

You mean how the person in second place isn't even close to the dk at top's threat?

What does scrolling down prove? That more people play Paladins? I don't think you were bitching about there being too many Paladins (maybe you'd like to edit more QQ in?). Or maybe you were just unaware that they already changed our main threat stat so that we had to stack Strength as well and nerfed our Threat Multiplier and that this was just an unnecessary kick in the pants? Hmmm?
    Yes so many more people play paladins that fifteen or more of the top twenty on most fights are pallies, yup!

This is why MMO-Champ forums are LOL.

Edit: Should probably point this out since I doubt you'll realize it, might want to compare the fight length as to why the DKs TPS was so inflated.

I realise you may not know the mechanics, as I highly doubt your guild clears much more then the regular mode, but it's expected for a DK to top TPS on the specific fight you are mentioning (assuming you are that dumb and looked at top fight then came back here to troll). Same goes for person under my edit, could at least wowwiki the fights, even more then that, it's CC I would hope you cleared it.
    Right, so I just went to the Ulduar meters since it's been around much longer and there's more data...and the numbers are much closer. But I guess on any fight where Paladins weren't first or were within spitting distance of the other class' threat, those fights were specifically made for classes other than paladins...

Amirite?

Amirite?
    Nope.

Nope.
    You're a really bad troll, you know that?

Yes so many more people play paladins that fifteen or more of the top twenty on most fights are pallies, yup!

This is why MMO-Champ forums are LOL.

Edit: Should probably point this out since I doubt you'll realize it, might want to compare the fight length as to why the DKs TPS was so inflated.
    Yes, actually, 15 or more of the top twenty on most fights being Paladins points to a large number of Paladins. Especially if the other class TPS is comparable. Good going once more.

Nope.
    Maybe you misread my post, because you basically just said that other classes competed and beat paladins on non-biased fights.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Good going.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/s...PF18/PRIZE.jpg

I felt the picture was necessary addition.
    Out of that entire list (all 180 tanks listed):

118 are Paladins.
    36 are DK's of varying specs.
    17 are Bears.
    9 are Warriors.

If it says anything, Paladins are over represented, but I think that's more because of their survivability rather than just their TPS, as we can see on those lists there's fights where its almost all DK's and others are more diverse.

Warriors are in dire need of help, as are Bears.

EDIT: None of it means Pally TPS is OP at all honestly, it just says Paladins have better survivability.