Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Mind Sear is so OP!

/sigh.

People who feel that spriests are alright as they are need to pull their heads from their hindquarters. If you dont believe me load up a spriest model and deck it out in full BiS and youll be hard pressed to break 7200 dps regardless of rotation. In comparable ilvl gear my ret sims just shy of 10k, and feral druids just shy of 11k.

Spriests really need better gear scaling, its all there is to it. There is no excuse for other hybrids to sim @ 40%+ better.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by samkGTFO
    lol I thought you were joking or exaggerating but you are actually right! The top dps is a hunter lolololol
    Hunters do top dps alot of the time, them and rogues.

Some1 kill dolla please ;<

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    All I see from that log, is the rest of your guild does uttelry shit dps, lol.
    Hahaha ya rly shitty dps from your mates....

This is IGNIS!

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/7531098#damageout

Quote Originally Posted by timbo117
    there not hunters there rogues -.-
    ... i think he knew that ...

Not really.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=14602&e=14814

This is Ignis.

Depends how u do it -.-

on topic, spriests are decent, cant compete for top but it all depends on your personal performance and what setup your guild runs.

Quote Originally Posted by timbo117
    there not hunters there rogues -.-
    You sir are the living embodiment of the Facepalm

Lithion

OMG ROGUES DAMAGE IS OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAND!!! NURF!

I don't mind being lower than "pure" dps classes, but fuck it - 50% BELOW isn't exactly fun. If it were 10% or so I wouldn't say a word.
    And what's all this shit with pure and hybrid classes, you don't need to roll a druid to heal if you want to kitty dps. I rolled a priest because of shadow tree, not because of disc or holy tree. Just because I have it doesn't mean I need to use those trees.

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    I don't mind being lower than "pure" dps classes, but fuck it - 50% BELOW isn't exactly fun. If it were 10% or so I wouldn't say a word.
    And what's all this shit with pure and hybrid classes, you don't need to roll a druid to heal if you want to kitty dps. I rolled a priest because of shadow tree, not because of disc or holy tree. Just because I have it doesn't mean I need to use those trees.
    shadow priest is so 6 months ago, get with the program and respec like the rest of us

I find that you are wrong, perhaps you go for the wrong stats on items as i find myself very far from 50% below all the other classes, have an annoying ret pala that beats me on single target, and an elemental shammie that fights me for second spot, but fights like anub / kologarn or any fight where there is more than 1 npc in the playing field at any time, then first by far.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2339/...1309053640.jpg

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Really, who gives a crap about our AoE dps? As long as your guild is picking you for raid slots, and you're doing your job, who cares? If that Priest was brought along for Replenishment, then he's doing his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    dollaa:

1) The next time you wish to make a point, make sure you use at least a million q's, or the point might be lost.

2) There are no hybrids anymore. There is DPSers and there are healers and there are tanks. Any DPSer should be able to compete with any other DPSer in terms of DPS. A shadowpriest is -not- a hybrid. When was the last time you saw a shadowpriest heal anyway? When was the last time you saw a shadowpriest casually pick up the job of the dead paladin healer, and skillfully saving the day by keeping the MT and OT up for the remaining 4 minutes of the fight? Shadowpriests are not hybrids.

3) It's widely recognized that shadow DPS is not there; spriests are getting sidelined. Shadowpriests are at the bottom of DPS meters these days - including multitarget fights - which is why they are getting a buff in the next patch. We'll have to see if that's enough.

4) Ad-hominem attacks are not cool.
    Still trying to find the joke in it.
    Or wait its serious ?

So one of the best healingclasses in the game should just be able to hit the button and be one of the best dps classes in the game ?
    Oh wait how should they get eq for both specs guess thats really hard nowadays...

Every class which has a second raidable spec should never ever do equal dps to a pure dps class maybe that would be the major step to balanced gameplay.

thats true, you dont need to use those trees. but if you choose not to use them learn to deal with your low dps or get used being replaced. this is pretty much how you do in real life: you ADAPT to the changes. if you cant adapt them, you die. simple evolution

Deleted

Your a Rogue right?

Deleted

I found some people be rather clueless. Saying that you should be happy that your guild brings you is just a lame statement.

Some people want to play in the so called min-max guilds, and play their shadowpriest. From our overall performance those guilds bring less and less shadowpriests into those guilds raids, nowdays its never more than 1. It wouldnt suprise me that alot of guilds bring their shadowpriest just because the person is have have been apart of the core for a extremly long time, and cant really bench him/her. If the shadowpriest was a 'recruit', there wouldnt be a reason to bring it.

Quote Originally Posted by LeDay
    So one of the best healingclasses in the game should just be able to hit the button and be one of the best dps classes in the game ?
    Very much YES!

A priest should be able to hit the "respecc shadow" button and be one of the best DPS classes in the game. And by that I mean: not better than everyone else, not worse.

If you specialize on DPS to the point where you sacrifice the ability to do anything else - which a shadowpriest does - then you should be able to play with the best of them.

Hybrids don't exist. You don't spec DPS and Healing. You chose one, or fail at both. The day shadowpriests do reasonable healing their dps will have to be lowered. But that's not the case.

Every class which has a second raidable spec should never ever do equal dps to a pure dps class maybe that would be the major step to balanced gameplay.
    Following your reasoning, DK DPS must be a hellofalot lower than anyone else since DKs can also tank. But the fact that DKs can tank won't do them a whole lot good when in DPS gear and specc now will it? Have you ever seen a DPS dk skillfully picking up a mob after the tank died and tanking it successfully for the rest of the fight? I won't work. The same principle applies to healing. Even if a shadowpriest have heals, they can't heal for anything worth mentioning. No shadowpriest ever use heals. They are equally inept at healing as DPS dks are at tanking.

All DPS specs should have an equal opportunity of the top DPS spot. Sure, in certain circumstances some specs will inevitably be better; that's the price of diversity. I don't see this as a problem. The point is that every class brings some utility. You fill up the raid so that all vital utility you need is covered. And then you fill the rest with whatever the hell you want to. It shouldn't matter if it's a shadowpriest or a mage or deathknight. Currently it does.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Zurai
    I find that you are wrong, perhaps you go for the wrong stats on items as i find myself very far from 50% below all the other classes, have an annoying ret pala that beats me on single target, and an elemental shammie that fights me for second spot, but fights like anub / kologarn or any fight where there is more than 1 npc in the playing field at any time, then first by far.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2339/...1309053640.jpg
    I'll try to be polite as I can - I don't give a fuck about Ulduar, Freya, Mimiron, Yogg + 0 - I care for being able to do competitive damage whenever, wherever.
    On current final encounter, as posted in first post on this topic we suck, period. Like at ANY coliseum encounter.

And please don't preach to me about gems, gear choice and rotations. I can't see shit from your screenshot except a crappy interface, but FYI I'm doing 4k dps on a dummy completely unbuffed and I'm not some random moron who took a priest 2 months ago and thins he's the next big thing. I know how to play my class, I don't need to prove to anyone on forums and to anyone who has half a brain - it's PLAINLY obvious how crappy we scale. Now feel free to go and compete with your ret paladin, I honestly don't care about your guild or any other guild for that matter, I care for being able to compete and be useful. And even to the best extent of my abilities, a mediocre warlock CAN outdps me because the class is built that way.

Quote Originally Posted by free4al
    Not really.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=14602&e=14814

This is Ignis.

Depends how u do it -.-

on topic, spriests are decent, cant compete for top but it all depends on your personal performance and what setup your guild runs.
    congrats u posted a worse log :P

Quote Originally Posted by LeDay
    Still trying to find the joke in it.
    Or wait its serious ?

Oh wait how should they get eq for both specs guess thats really hard nowadays...

1) You have no clue about shadow priest damage rotation priority.
    2) You have no clue about healing and how it works, it's not competing, it's keeping people alive.

Pure dps class are boring as shit to play and it's no justification for them to do more damage.
    A hybrid doesn't pop out of their role to do tanking or healing just because it might be cool to do so. If you can't grasp this simple fact, then I'm afraid but you're a stupid idiot.