Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Mind Sear is so OP!

Maybe its the fact that your are over the hit cap by 130?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dragonmaw&n=Dollaa

To be honest, the first thing I thought when I saw these numbers is that Blizzard realistically doesn't want (even aoe) dps to be above the 9k mark in this entire expansion. So, I pretty much thought that rogues would be getting a nerf of some fashion. I wasn't surprised when I then saw incoming rogue nerfs.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Yea fan on knives is SO OP!!! OHWAIT 30% reduction 3.2

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    To be honest, the first thing I thought when I saw these numbers is that Blizzard realistically doesn't want (even aoe) dps to be above the 9k mark in this entire expansion. So, I pretty much thought that rogues would be getting a nerf of some fashion. I wasn't surprised when I then saw incoming rogue nerfs.
    No the new simcrafts have rouges/hunters/warlocks over 9k dps easy in bis TOGC gear. So we will see 10k no problem in Icecrown.

Quote Originally Posted by dollaa
    OMG
    qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq
    qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq
    qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq

Stfu....our dps is just fine for a hybrid. Please go learn to multi dot more than one target.
    Best reply I've seen in a long time. Go and get a clue about endgame, mate.

So please go pick up your dps, learn to keep up your dots better and maybe pick up a mindflay clip add-on cause you must be doing something wrong in your rotation not to be taken in a raid.
    Again, try doing some "endgame" and come and say that again. Anub is a multi-dot fight, let alone a single target nuke fight where we get it even worse. I'm struggling and I'm not in a top-of-the-game guild. If I notice it, how do you think the priests in Ensidia / Premonition / Stars feel ?

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow

In other situations, it can be a fairly useful talent. Freya, comes to mind. When everyone is trying to focus an area to aoe the flowers, and hope that they're lucky, all Shadow Priests need to do is focus one flower, and then wherever that flower goes, it's hurting the rest.
    Or you just stack them at Freya (like I believe, all do?o.0) and the imba extra *special* utility of Mind Sear becomes obsolete.

the reason none hunters / priests are on top is that they CANT do both in the same time.
    To bad a spriest isn't capable anymore of providing either at a competitive level, except on special occasions. Noticed even Ensidia doesn't bring more than 1 shadow priest any longer? Muqq and Eoy used to always been on killshots, now what? Eoy's gone, brining more than 1 shadow priest is a waste of good 2/3k dps.

Sup dollaa, show me your WMO of you doing competitive dps from recent times.

If shadow priests were on top of the meter than there would be another class at the bottom. In order to have one, you need the other. I'm sure in some near future there will be someone else complaining about how AWESOME mind sear is and how his blizzard/rain of fire/ divine storm or whatever needs a buff.
    I would not mind coming in 15th place every single fight if I knew my damage was competitive to the 14 people before me. Having people in the top of the line guilds playing a shadow priest and having damage parses in an AoE encounter showing them near 6 thousand dps below the top 3 people. That's bad. Certainly considering that "they" think they need to see more single target parses because they feel our AoE is very strong.

We scale poorly... It was the same song and dance in TBC. Nearing the end of TBC's life cycle, I started to play my mage more and more because it felt like I was getting more out of it. Then Patch 3.0 came and it finally felt like I could compete. I competed in Naxx... I competed, in some fights, in Ulduar. Now... I can see myself just falling farther and farther behind.

It's not about doing big dps numbers... it is not about being on the top spot every fight. It's about wanting your classes damage to be competitive to everyone else. It's about feeling like your damage is contributing and not becoming a hinderance to your raid. Why bring a shadow priest that will max out at a certain sot when you can bring another mage, warlock or rogue that will add another 4-5 thousand dps? Fuck... bring a second boomkin is you need the +hit buff so bad.

All I hear is crying on this thread....End-game? I must not know what this is. Yea Im not in a top 100 world guild but I am in a guild that is in the top 3% of all guilds. Like I said before our damage is fine unless played incorrectly. I have no problem hiting 6k on a single target, may sound bad against locks doing 7k but if Im not in the raid they are not hitting thoose numbers. I also must have never seen a good ele shammy cause I dont get killed or loose much to ours. Im not gonna bitch if we get buff'd more just not gonna cry if we dont. I dont die to stupid shit and do decent damge enough for me to have a raid spot. I.E. bring the player not the class.

WMO report from dollaa please.

Throwing random facts out of my arse to which 95% of the community probably disagrees is a no no.

Saying someone to l2p who has Death's Demise when you yourself are walking around with Stalcaller? Good lord...

Maybe its the fact that your talking shit? Me being 130 over hit cap isnt something i chose to have, but rather happen due to gear choices at the present time lining up for future gear that doesnt have the hit. The thing is people here know the state of shadowpriests, and you coming here and posting false things like 'oh i dont find myself at the bottom of the meters' doesnt really prove anything, because those of us that know anything about our class and other classes know that SHADOWPRIESTS AT THE CURRENT TIME ARE NOT COMPETITIVE DPS.

get it?
    Priest - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Weenalol
    Druid - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Weenah
    DK - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jubei%27Thos&n=Weenalol

Quote Originally Posted by Weena
    Maybe its the fact that your talking shit? Me being 130 over hit cap isnt something i chose to have, but rather happen due to gear choices at the present time lining up for future gear that doesnt have the hit. The thing is people here know the state of shadowpriests, and you coming here and posting false things like 'oh i dont find myself at the bottom of the meters' doesnt really prove anything, because those of us that know anything about our class and other classes know that SHADOWPRIESTS AT THE CURRENT TIME ARE NOT COMPETITIVE DPS.

get it?
    Not even gonna talk about your miss use of gem choices also. Maybe you should just go read ShadowPriest.com. Yes im talkin shit to you, you are fuckin crying and its funny. We are not currently competitive against mages/warlocks/hunters/ rogues, very good. We should never be.

Quote Originally Posted by Feinel
    WMO report from dollaa please.

Throwing random facts out of my arse to which 95% of the community probably disagrees is a no no.

Saying someone to l2p who has Death's Demise when you yourself are walking around with Stalcaller? Good lord...

Well anyone can be carried though content.

also http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-qr...=15465&e=15687

Well anyone can be carried though content.
    Ye, I'm sure a Death's Demise guild has participating members that are being carried.

The logs are a bit contradicting to your previous statements, I hope you're not that kind of imbecile that goes on the guild forums, checks the log thread and then sees himself on the general chart decently high, I surely hope not.

Let's see.
    Fairly nice dps on some of the fights, although most because you have the favor of aoe'ing a lot, especially on kologarn.
    Personally I have no trouble in topping the charts on a naxx run either, and I do easy 6k dps where I want, but when I come to an encounter with competitive people I fall back.

Concluding. it seems you are in a decent guild which has quite a lot of under performing members in it, which leads you to believe that you are doing decent dps as a result.

Sorry but such parses aren't really candidates for a debacle that you try to inspire here.

Ye, I'm sure a Death's Demise guild has participating members that are being carried.

The logs are a bit contradicting to your previous statements, I hope you're not that kind of imbecile that goes on the guild forums, checks the log thread and then sees himself on the general chart decently high, I surely hope not.

Let's see.
    Fairly nice dps on some of the fights, although most because you have the favor of aoe'ing a lot, especially on kologarn.
    Personally I have no trouble in topping the charts on a naxx run either, and I do easy 6k dps where I want, but when I come to an encounter with competitive people I fall back.

Concluding. it seems you are in a decent guild which has quite a lot of under performing members in it, which leads you to believe that you are doing decent dps as a result.

Sorry but such parses aren't really candidates for a debacle that you try to inspire here.

One look at the date, two we haven't raided since then. And your knowledge is so high and mighty hear, you are wearing the same title that I am, in a bad spec. What are spec'd for general hardmode? We are in a Priest forum, if you where doin 7.9k dps single target dps how many people would still be on this forum complaining about getting beat by mages doin 8.1? Thats what im getting to, if its that big of a deal blizzard will fix this. I personally think we scale very well. Dont see to many shadow priests that have over 30% crit and 700 haste yet. The fact that we crit with all dots means we will scale very well with gear, not even the fact that more spellpower we have the harder we hit. Im done talking now gl on your qq's.

Not even gonna talk about your miss use of gem choices also. Maybe you should just go read ShadowPriest.com. Yes im talkin shit to you, you are fuckin crying and its funny. We are not currently competitive against mages/warlocks/hunters/ rogues, very good. We should never be.
    1. Whats wrong with my gems buddy?
    2. I'm not crying, simply stating facts that you choose to not accept.
    We are not currently competitive against mages/warlocks/hunters/ rogues
    you just said it youself.

I personally think we scale very well. Dont see to many shadow priests that have over 30% crit and 700 haste yet. The fact that we crit with all dots means we will scale very well with gear, not even the fact that more spellpower we have the harder we hit. Im done talking now gl on your qq's.
    HOLY SHIT DID YOU JUST SAY WE SCALE WELL LOL
    Priest - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Weenalol
    Druid - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Weenah
    DK - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jubei%27Thos&n=Weenalol

No the new simcrafts have rouges/hunters/warlocks over 9k dps easy in bis TOGC gear. So we will see 10k no problem in Icecrown.
    You are ASSUMING that there won't be future nerfs to BOTH classes, and that is a DANGEROUS assumption. In short, it doesn't matter wtf theorycrafting says, Blizzard gets what Blizzard wants.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

One look at the date, two we haven't raided since then. And your knowledge is so high and mighty hear, you are wearing the same title that I am, in a bad spec. What are spec'd for general hardmode? We are in a Priest forum, if you where doin 7.9k dps single target dps how many people would still be on this forum complaining about getting beat by mages doin 8.1? Thats what im getting to, if its that big of a deal blizzard will fix this. I personally think we scale very well. Dont see to many shadow priests that have over 30% crit and 700 haste yet. The fact that we crit with all dots means we will scale very well with gear, not even the fact that more spellpower we have the harder we hit. Im done talking now gl on your qq's.
    Here's my normal shadow spec. The current one was for the weekend since I wanted to do some bg while maintaining all the talents I needed for pve, which the spec includes.

So, I em to watch at the date? Wow, our scaling issues are growing while the time is passing by. Presenting an even older log than a recent one makes you look like an idiot.

I personally think we scale very well.
    That's good, here is a good thread for you to start reading to try and understand the issue that scaling currently is, and what greater issue it will be later. And the most important thing, what fucking issue it was in TBC and why we should be trying our best convince blizzard that we don't want it to happen again.

Oh and half your post made no sense, it's good you're done talking here though, since you are clearly a moron. Good day sir.

BAD shadow priests are getting sidelined
    So please go pick up your dps, learn to keep up your dots better and maybe pick up a mindflay clip add-on cause you must be doing something wrong in your rotation not to be taken in a raid.
    1. Spriests aren't unique and do inferior damage. if another brut fight came along, cya later.
    2. lololololololol, Quartz /thread
    Ok Starcaller Dollaa no need to start calling people bad. You probably are head and shoulders better than me, but from what i personally as well as 99% of shadowpriests have seen is that we are not competitive on meters. If you are competitive - good on you, but i dont know what kind of dps other people in your guild are doing that you arnt at the bottom. With 100% uptime on dots and a 7.5sec Mindblast we still are way lower on dps than any other class at the current time.
    Lol.
    And yes, dollaa, your guilds <insert every other class> is awful, have a good day.

Cool story bro.
    Altho weena should have saved some random pieces which dont have hit, i think its fairly safe to say he is aware of the hitcap.

Every single gem of his is red except 2 to make the meta.....
    Spriest.com is shit they actually think haste is as good as crit, HA.
    Go back to BC, yes we shouldn't be equaling pures but we should be on their tails, and when a fight that favors a shadowpriest comes along we should top the meters.
    lol :>

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

Even Blizzard says that shadow priests don't scale well with gear compared to other classes. However, this dude obviously knows more than Blizzard because when I pointed out Blizzard doesn't plan on people doing over 9k dps in this expansion he jumped to arguing they will in ICC without even considering that if it does get to that case Blizzard is going to nerf it out of that point pretty damn quickly.

1. Whats wrong with my gems buddy?
    2. I'm not crying, simply stating facts that you choose to not accept.
    3. you just said it youself.

This will be my last post just to piss off Deaths Dimise Cock blow more.

1. If you have a socket bonus that is greater than 4spell power that isnt a blue socket you should use a Sp Crit gem. If its a blue gem it has to be 9sp socket bonus for you to gem for the bonus.
    2. QQQQ
    3. Again you want to compete with Pure dps classes this will never happen, just re-roll if to compete with one of them.

And yes I do think we scale very well with gear, you just dont see it cause your crit is low and your hit is to damn high.