Easy question about BOA gear and enchants

Can I buy a piece of BOA gear, enchant it, and then send it to my alt? Or does that wipe the enchant/make it soulbound instead of BOA?

Thanks!

Re: Easy question about BOA gear and enchants

BoA stuff cant become soulbound because it is already Bound to your Account. Enchants will stay on the items but if you are too low level for the enchant, it will show in red and say what level is required for enchant to have affect. It wont add the stats of the enchant until the character reaches the required level.

Q.E.D

BoA Shoulders with the PvP 10k honor 30 stam, 10 resi enchant will say "Required level 70" and wont add those stats to a lower level character.
    "You play WoW so much, on my warlock, when i cast drain life on you, it says "Warning, target has no life"

it will be fine to enchant it, although remember, you can only enchant them with pre BC enchants

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=47900

What about something like that, that says requires a level 60 item? The item level of these BOA things...does it change as you level?

Could I use that?

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by defdef

What about something like that, that says requires a level 60 item? The item level of these BOA things...does it change as you level?

Could I use that?
    That requires a level 60 item or higher and BoA items are level 1 items. You can use the 4 stats to chest and I think it's 35 sp to weapon that you can use, too.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by defdef

Could I use that?
    Nope, 'cause BoA items are listed as iLvl1 items, and that means your chest has to be at least iLvl60.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPistachio View Post
    Bornakk lifts the cup of coffee up to his mouth...
    ...when the Scythe of Elune comes crashing through it.
    ???: I can't you let you brew that, Starbucks!

Pre-TBC enchants only for they don't require item to be at-least-something-level.

i use 100 life on my chests. amazing for low levels

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles
    That requires a level 60 item or higher and BoA items are level 1 items. You can use the 4 stats to chest and I think it's 35 sp to weapon that you can use, too.
    20/19 spellpower. The 20 spellpower is from enchant weapon: superior spell power. The 19 spell power is from enchant weapon: superior healing. Both dropped in MC, but the superior spell power was much harder to get than the superior healing, so the superior healing is normally easier to find.

"The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by glorithan
    i use 100 life on my chests. amazing for low levels
    Not nearly as amazing as +4 all stats. Although, +4 all stats is a pain to farm for; therefore, its an expensive enchant to get. I paid 100g for it.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    20/19 spellpower. The 20 spellpower is from enchant weapon: superior spell power. The 19 spell power is from enchant weapon: superior healing. Both dropped in MC, but the superior spell power was much harder to get than the superior healing, so the superior healing is normally easier to find.

It's 30 spell power for the MC one (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=22749), and 29 for the healing power one (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=22750)
    Characters:
    http://pewpewboom.zer.googlepages.com/zer%27scharacter2

Anything that says something to the effect of "requires a level 35/60 item" cannot be placed on a BoA item. They all have level 1. (not necessarily item level 1 but... it's simple once you get the hang of it).

all you have to look for is if the enchant says "Requires Item Level XX" If you have that on the enchant it wont allow you to put it on the BoA gear ( i lvl of 1)

Horde-Frostwolf US

Deleted

also, the only shoulder enchants that can fit on heirloom shoulders are the Zul'Gurub enchants

Quote Originally Posted by nzall
    also, the only shoulder enchants that can fit on heirloom shoulders are the Zul'Gurub enchants
    Aldor/Scryer(both Honored and Exalted) + Honor shoulder enchants work too