Poll: Any other long time paladin players hoping for a completely redisigned class

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Paladin changes in cataclism

I've been playing a paladin since a month before burning crusade came out & after all the nerfs, buffs hotfixes & general idiocy that balancing has been over the years I'm hoping that we get a complete or near complete remake in the next expansion.
    I just feel like the only way we will ever be balanced is if they remake us from scratch to fit with where the game is at, anyone else feel the same ?
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Paladin changes in cataclism

paladins are unfair. i hope they get remade into the 100% healer-only class they were in vanilla. blizzard has spoiled them with WotLK.

Keep them exactly as they are now. Perhaps this way, at level 85 they might be balanced :

Quote Originally Posted by destructard
    paladins are unfair. i hope they get remade into the 100% healer-only class they were in vanilla. blizzard has spoiled them with WotLK.
    prob another pve geared scrub got owned by a ret paladin in furious.
    I don't think paladins need remade although i feel your pain.
    PvE- classes like rogues and locks say in conquerers gear doing 4k+ while ret is suffering lower DPS.
    PvP- well I give up on that 1 lol they nerfed us due to "burst" while shamans and locks are 10k+ bursting people in the matter of 3 seconds followed by more insane 6k+ crits...

Every paladin will eventually just go back to holly and ret will be dead for another 2 years.
    Our main problem is we dont have much cc or burst now... ok we have a bubble what use is that when warriors and priests dispell it and our stuns get trinekted or reversed.

imo u want dps roll another class as by the looks of things nothing is happening to paladins apart from omg a ret paladin u should go holy and arena with me comments ... what spec are you "ret" oh sorry i found a dk. sort of thing lol!

10+ Year Old Account

Paladins need a make-over? Your sentence structure needs a make-over.

By the way, paladins have had a make-over: they used to suck, badly. Their rotation was just Judgments and Crusader Strike. Also, Seals used to last thirty seconds.

10+ Year Old Account

This is the type of attitude I would expect from a small child & i hope your joking.

Personally I'd be fine with them just solving some of our major class flaws like our extreme weakness to ranged cc, kiting, & lack of interrupts in exchange for one or more of our many semi useless abilities.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Paladins are fine now, i don't see what the big deal is now. We got our sweet revenge in echoes of wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by gootshall
    You also judged whatever seal you had up and after you did that you had to recast the seal...fun times...fun times.....

rofl i remember that :P leveling a paladin back in hogger is group quest days! when paladin was THE most brutal class to level and very very slow!
    level 20 fighting a lvl 21 crokolist for 2 minutes seal judge seal judge / heal /sleep

Quote Originally Posted by Caradinist
    Paladins are fine now, i don't see what the big deal is now. We got our sweet revenge in echoes of wrath.
    i wouldn't say fine have you looked at arena ladders this season... no ret pallies ! says it all really

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Slideshow

By the way, paladins have had a make-over: they used to suck, badly. Their rotation was just Judgments and Crusader Strike. Also, Seals used to last thirty seconds.
    I know, I also remember when crusader strike did its damage as holy damage. I just wish they would remake the class into what it should be, as is we have so few tools to do each of our roles & we unlock most of them via talents. Ideally I would love it if we had more spells and abilities to choose from with varied effects but shared cool downs, this would give us a choice to how we go about doing things & give the class variation, I'd also like it if they made more spells/abilities baseline for the class but at weak levels then improve them via talents like what druids have.

i wish they would. would give me a reason to stop playing my paladin again. what's funny is if this happens every guild in the world would be begging people to play paladins so they can get all the utility they bring

Paladins honestly need a lot of work.

First of all 4k+ is a joke any good raiding ret pally is 6k+ and pushes past 8k depending on the encounter. The biggest inherant problem with paladins is that unlike other dps classes we have so few buttons to push that even pushing all of them we still are waiting on cd's to come back up, so any hope of a real rotation is non-existant.

The solution is that blizzard needs to add about 6 low level attacks that do not scale well and that have no place in an end game rotation like most other classes, this way we can claim to have a rotation just like every other dps class and actually get the smallest ammount of respect from the WoW community.

We do need a **very** minor dps boost which can be accomplished in many different ways, such as allowing consecrate to crit, making SoV a stacking buff similar to shadow weaving to allow us to effectively change targets in pve IE killing snobolds on Gormok, or swapping to portals/volcano's on Jaraxus and a dozen other places. Ret pallies are generally siting in a pretty good place from a dps perspective maybe 3-5% lower than we could be but thats it, we dont need any major buffing.

**ftr**
    Shadow priests are in a much worse position right now than we rets are.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

I play a holy/prot Pve paladin and my vote is: no, we do not need a complete overhaul

some things i would like though:

Prot:
    It would be cool to have a cooldown like last stand

Holy:
    After the illumination nerf, im running out of mana a lot faster and all we got in return was a HoT effect that only works on a tank. it would be good to have an aoe heal since we are the only healers that dont have one.
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing
    Prot:
    It would be cool to have a cooldown like last stand
    Oh, so Guardian Spirit wasn't enough for you?

Holy:
    After the illumination nerf, im running out of mana a lot faster and all we got in return was a HoT effect that only works on a tank. it would be good to have an aoe heal since we are the only healers that dont have one.
    And omg, the Paladin actually has a mana bar! Like any other healer in this game! Although, I wouldn't mind if Glyphed Holy Shock auto-targetted another person, hitting 2 people, 3 if you count Beacon.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

No, the Paladin class does not need to be redesigned from the ground up. In fact, as has been said a few times already, Paladins have already gone through a big transformation (or more accurately, transformations) from what they originally were, and are in a much better place as a class then ever.

To the one who said Paladins need to go back to a healer only class ... Sounds to me like someone's a bit butt-hurt over losing to some Ret/Prot Palys in PvP and needs to up their game a bit. This is quite honestly THE worst - idea - ever.
    What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated. - Thomas Paine

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Slideshow

Quote Originally Posted by gootshall
    You also judged whatever seal you had up and after you did that you had to recast the seal...fun times...fun times.....
    You mean when you could actually tell which players that were Ret were GOOD ones? :

Besides when CS first came out it was the most Over Powered spell there was for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Munk
    First of all 4k+ is a joke any good raiding ret pally is 6k+ and pushes past 8k depending on the encounter. The biggest inherant problem with paladins is that unlike other dps classes we have so few buttons to push that even pushing all of them we still are waiting on cd's to come back up, so any hope of a real rotation is non-existant.
    Any good raiding pally is 6k+ and pushes past 8k depending on the encounter?

I'm currently sitting as 4th best geared retri paladin on the server, decked out in ulduar-25 and 6 ilvl 245's from totc-25 and I'm barely 6k on a "regular" bossfight. When it's possible to stay on 1 target and never step away from him till he drops (gormok not changing to snobolds) I'm barely capable of 8k dps... I'm very certain that quite a few good raiding retri's just don't have the gear to possibly reach those numbers.

Deleted

Was just passing by and thought I'd point out that the name of the expansion is "Cataclysm" and not "cataclism".

I voted YES

But don't get me wrong, I like the seal judgement system I just think we need more abilities to push when lvling up, we need a better way to bless ppl, without having to rely on Pallypower.
    And we need to get some of our abilities removed and others buffed.
    And I think its too much work to do it patch by patch, the only way would be a ground up overhaul.
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Quote Originally Posted by Vasti
    we need more abilities to push when lvling up, we need a better way to bless ppl, without having to rely on Pallypower.
    And we need to get some of our abilities removed and others buffed.
    And I think its too much work to do it patch by patch, the only way would be a ground up overhaul.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag