Thread: Defense 540+

Deleted

Defense 540+

Right now i'm on 569 Defense using stonekin gargoyle. Should i switch the rune for Swordshattering or maybe even fallen crusader or keep it?

And why?

Re: Defense 540+

The real trade-off is would you rather have 1% avoidance or 2% stamina? The answer to that question depends on your gear, spec and what content you're interested in running.

SSG= 3% avoidance (1% dodge, 1% parry, 1% miss all off diminishing returns) + 2% stamina
    SS = 4% parry

The only reason to even consider fallen crusader is if your threat sucks. I'm guessing by your defense level that you're mostly in heroic/crafted epics. I could be mistaken, but those pieces tend to have absurd amounts of pure defense with few other stats. As your gear improves, you'll probably have to go back to SSG to optimize your gear. Either way, if you're mostly doing heroics it really is unlikely to make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkduck
    Oh god, i sure hope I don't reincarnate into a bad DPS because of my bad karma. It would suck to have to cry every patch because I'm afraid to lose my raid spot.

Wait till you've done a few heroics and see if you need more avoidance. If you're doing fine then don't worry about it.

Deleted

Defence beyond 540 also adds dmg reduction when you pop IBF.

You keep stoneskin gargoyle because it's superior to swordshattering, even with an infinite amount of defense.

Why?
    Stoneskin Gargoyle does not suffer avoidance diminishing returns like normal defense.
    2% stamina > 1% avoidance.

What you probably should do, is exchange defense rating for health, dodge rating, expertise or hit rating, depending on where you're lacking.

You'll want 6.5% dodge/parry avoidance from expertise.(More is always welcome)
    7-8% hit chance from hit rating.
    And maintain about 40-50% total avoidance from dodge, parry and miss. While having at least 540 defense.
    Have ~30k health or more.
    Then build on these stats.

Deleted

Ah thank you guys.

Defence beyond 540 also adds dmg reduction when you pop IBF.
    Totally forgot about that!