A question about Aura Mastery

Hello guys,

Im looking to shed some light on when other people finds use for Aura Mastery. I have specced it, but im finding myself not using it enough to justify it. Perhaps some pro paladins could give me a few hints on where its usefull. Im mostly doing 25 man ulduar (no HM's) and TotC25 (again not heroic).

Thanks in advance

Re: A question about Aura Mastery

Well, aura mastery doesnt only boost your current aura, but all auras that are active in the raid, when used.

So think of fights like
    ignis -> fire damage -> fire res aura+100%.
    hodir -> frost damage -> frost res aura+100%
    general -> shadow damage,... etc etc

Dont forget it also increases the effect of devotion aura by 100%, which is allways usefull...

It is a very good ability, even important in alot of cases.
    [85 - Paladin][ armory ]

15+ Year Old Account

I use it with crusader aura when I want my proto fly even faster

Afaik it will also you to prevent from silence/interupts i just cant remember them all and not tested but few example is that first Freya add,Yogg+3 P3 aoe shout silence....
    You also need to use it before you will get silence or it wont work.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomfingers
    Afaik it will also you to prevent from silence/interupts i just cant remember them all and not tested but few example is that first Freya add,Yogg+3 P3 aoe shout silence....
    You also need to use it before you will get silence or it wont work.
    and ignis, and gormok shoudnt be needed tho but still. is probably useful at faction champs to, and jaraxxus hardmode (the misstresses interupt if i'm not misstaken)
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." (Albert Einstein)

Quote Originally Posted by friggo
    and ignis, and gormok shoudnt be needed tho but still. is probably useful at faction champs to, and jaraxxus hardmode (the misstresses interupt if i'm not misstaken)
    I use it on Gormok when I get a snobold on me and I need to heal. On Jaraxxus, the mistresses but a debuff on you that interrupts the next spell with a cast time. I used aura mastery last night in 10 man heroic after getting the debuff and I still got locked out. It's worked on everything else I've tried in PvE though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    The fact remains that you FUCKING FAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by gobtol
    I use it on Gormok when I get a snobold on me and I need to heal. On Jaraxxus, the mistresses but a debuff on you that interrupts the next spell with a cast time. I used aura mastery last night in 10 man heroic after getting the debuff and I still got locked out. It's worked on everything else I've tried in PvE though.
    Oddly, Aura Mastery doesn't seem to effect Misstress Kiss. So it won't work on jaraxxus, use it with fire also when the infernals are on.

Aura Mastery is off-global cooldown, and it's not holy. You can use while interrupted and while on GCD, it's amazing. A 20% elemental raid-wide shield wall or interrupt imunity in a 2 minute cooldown for a single talent point is just overpowered.

Crusader aura + aura mastery + 310% mount = pure win, btw

Almost every single fight in the game has at least one point where Aura Mastery can be used to decent effect. On several, it is amazing. Most of its uses comes on Hard Modes though. So if your guild is behind on progress, you may not see these opportunities.

- Two Pallies with Aura Mastery can completely negate the silence effect on HM Yogg.

- Aura Mastery on Freya can allow people to cast as they run to mushrooms on Freya.

- Ignis and Hodir both have periods of big elemental AoE damage that can be made much more manageable with Aura Mastery.

- Aura Mastery saves raids on HM Mimron. Bad Heat Waves or the Head being accidentally brought down in the middle of fire.

Make a point to look at the combat logs of new (and old!) bosses that you fight. You may be surprised how much resistible elemental damage you could be helping prevent. Aura Mastery the Frost on Thorium. Use it on the Yeti's Frost Blast on Beasts. Against the Fire on Jaraxus or the Fire and Shadow on Twins. Is your tank taking a period of high Physical damage? Aura Mastery a Devo. Hell, if nothing else you can always throw up Ret Aura and Mastery it when there's a bunch of adds hitting the raid. Don't assume that because you've been put on one Aura that you can't Mastery another. Don't be afraid to switch your Aura, Mastery and then switch back.

Used properly, Aura Mastery is an amazing tool. Well worth the one talent point and chalk full of uses other than the zoom zoom.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    Oddly, Aura Mastery doesn't seem to effect Misstress Kiss. So it won't work on jaraxxus, use it with fire also when the infernals are on.
    I'll have to start using it when the infernals come down, that's typically when my raid has the most problems.

Another great use of aura mastery is to combine it with crusader aura at the start of EotS. It's funny seeing your whole team nearly killed from fall damage. Also, with just a parachute cloak you can make it nearly all the way to the flag in the air. It's not quite as good as rocket boots extreme + parachute cloak but it's fairly close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    The fact remains that you FUCKING FAIL.

I love the idea of mitigating raid damage, so I use this frequently. Even if the encounter doesn't really need the extra mitigation, like Ignis or Hodir (since they are already cake), it still makes healing easier, so why not use it. Also, 2 Holy Paladins with this on Faction Champs makes that fight so nice.

Once you try it a few times, you will see it actually makes your job easier. ^_^