Thread: Motivation?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Motivation?

What do you think Motivates a guild to be worlds first?

I dont see the point myself unless theres money involved.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Motivation?

Bragging rights I would guess

Also I bet it helps out their guild recruitment a great deal
    Proud Healer Since 2007
    "Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid."

Quote Originally Posted by darkfireyguy
    Bragging rights I would guess

Also I bet it helps out their guild recruitment a great deal
    yeah i guess but why would you do to improve your Guild recruitment to the dregree where its going to effect your life outside of wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewzor
    Provement of a biggest e-peen evar?
    FEAR the slayer of the gods, catcher of the souls, the doomsinger of everlasting sunset, the immortal happy-burn-till-not-even-ashes-remains prophet! The Sunflower!

Quote Originally Posted by Dostus
    Provement of a biggest e-peen evar?

yeah and this i dunno what e-peen is suppose to prove either i mean like why just why?

yeah and this i dunno what e-peen is spouse to prove either i mean like why just why?
    It's a man's duty to prove that he has something bigger than your's Ultimate- just biggest.
    FEAR the slayer of the gods, catcher of the souls, the doomsinger of everlasting sunset, the immortal happy-burn-till-not-even-ashes-remains prophet! The Sunflower!

Quote Originally Posted by Dostus
    It's a man's duty to prove that he has something bigger than your's Ultimate- just biggest.
    yeah thats true. so you think there compensating for somthing :P

yeah and this i dunno what e-peen is spouse to prove either i mean like why just why?
    spouse - either member of a married pair in relation to the other; one's husband or wife.

suppose - to assume (something), as for the sake of argument or as part of a proposition or theory

Quote Originally Posted by nowimnothing30
    spouse - either member of a married pair in relation to the other; one's husband or wife.

suppose - to assume (something), as for the sake of argument or as part of a proposition or theory
    Thank you.

I dont see the point myself unless theres money involved.
    What motivates a pro athlete to try and win a championship? They stop getting paid after then end of the regular season and could go home to spend their 25 million, they do it to be the best.

Some people want to be winners at anything they do. Hell, in some places they have competitions on who has the best looking lawn in the neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by stonedviper
    What motivates a pro athlete to try and win a championship? They stop getting paid after then end of the regular season and could go home to spend their 25 million, they do it to be the best.

Some people want to be winners at anything they do. Hell, in some places they have competitions on who has the best looking lawn in the neighborhood.

the thing is that being a pro Athlete well stay with you forever and being pro at world of warcraft wont thats all.

the thing is that being a pro Athlete well stay with you forever and being pro at world of warcraft wont thats all.
    I'm guesstimating here but i'd say a good 80+% of pro athletes end up as nobodies when they stop playing, you have the micheal jordan's that everyone would recognise on the street and then you have the other 80% of the teams he was on that nobody remembers.

I'm guesstimating here but i'd say a good 80+% of pro athletes end up as nobodies when they stop playing, you have the micheal jordan's that everyone would recognise on the street and then you have the other 80% of the teams he was on that nobody remembers.
    lol yeah right. After reading this i was like, who's Micheal jorden.

i guess in the end everybody is a nobody to someone right?

lol yeah right. After reading this i was like, who's Micheal jorden.

i guess in the end everybody is a nobody to someone right?
    Exactly, so why not do everything you do in life to at least try be a somebody even if it's only for a year, a day, 15 minutes?

Exactly, so why not do everything you do in life to at least try be a somebody even if it's only for a year, a day, 15 minutes?
    Yep true, thank you.

to be proud on pve progress reminds me on people who write first in the comments section of any article. first of all how many guildy do actually train on ptr before the content gets live? its only a very small amount of guilds who take this "competition" serious the rest isnt in the competition they dont even try because they have better things to do. pve is not hard and never was, people who think they are "good gamers" because they are far in progress have never been really good in a pc game and thats why they dont have a clue waht real gaming skill means. pushing 5 buttons in the right order while avoiding fire walls has not much to do with being an athelete who plays at the limit of that what a human is capable of. pve you can learn in a few days or even less. pvp is a different story.

What motivates you to even login at this stage of the game?

World First is a fine example of a reason to actually play the game.

For fun? Don't you do things for fun without any other things that motivate you?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian
    For fun? Don't you do things for fun without any other things that motivate you?

To some, the fun lies in being best at something.
    Bragging rights is a legit reason to get world first.

With that said, world first at singing with a hat on might not be worth mentioning.
    "He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool." — Brigham Young

Because being world first or server first is the only challenge left in the game?
    Do not trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
    God's in his heaven. All's right with the world.