Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Modify Tailoring CD's

Professions

Currently there is a wide variety of professions and all are good in their own ways. We have such professions as

-Alchemy
    -Blacksmithing
    -Enchanting
    -Engineering
    -Herbalism
    -Iscription
    -Jewelcrafting
    -Leatherworking
    -Mining
    -Skinning
    -Tailoring

Pros Of Professions For Players With The Profession
    -Alchemy (Transmutation of one item into another, Making Trinkets, Increased effect and duration from Flasks and Potions, PVP Flask)
    -Blacksmithing (Opening doors with Keys, Adding an extra socket to own gloves and belt)
    -Enchanting (Good for Ring Enhancements, Breaking down armor into materials)
    -Engineering (Good for Auction House, Trinkets, Repair Bots, Mailboxes, Reagent Vendors, Pets, Helmets, Item Enhancements, Ressurection, Bombs, Flares, Teleporting, Healing Mechanical Devices, Allows collection of Engineering materials from corpses of mechanical units, Allows collection of Crystallized Shards.)
    -Herbalism (Good for Buff that heals 3600 hp over 5 seconds, Allows collection of materials used by other professions)
    -Iscription (Good for Making Shoulder Enchants, Extra Hearthstones, Milling of Herbs)
    -Jewelcrafting (Good for Prospecting Ore into gems as well as Creating Titanium Powder which can be turned in for A Dragon's Eye or a new Recipe, Chance of a better cut gem, Allows better quality epic gems, Has a daily quest to get Dalaran's Jewelcrafting Token which buys a new recipe or Jewelcrafter's Gem, Makes Icy Prism which contains Rare Gems and Can Also Contain Epic Gem and Dalaran Jewelcrafter's Token, Makes Trinkets)
    -Leatherworking (Has bracer and Leg reinforcements)
    -Mining (Smelts Ore into Bars, Gives a buff that increases stamina, Allows collection of materials used by other professions, Mined veins can produce gems)
    -Skinning (Gives a buff that increases Critical Strike Rating, Allows collection of materials used by other professions)
    -Tailoring (Gives Cloak and Leggings enhancement, Creates Mount, Allows collection of more cloth than anyone else)

Pros Of The Profession For Players Without The Profession
    -Alchemy (Good for Potions and Flasks in PVE)
    -Blacksmithing (Good for creating Plate Chest/Boots/Helmets/Bracers/Waist As well as Weapons/Shields Creating an extra Socket into the Waist slot Making a weapon and shield plating Making enchanting Rods)
    -Enchanting (Good for Item Enhancements)
    -Engineering (Good for Making Mounts, Pets, Guns, Scopes, Arrows, Combining Potions to take up less inventory space)
    -Herbalism (Good for providing materials used by other professions)
    -Iscription (Makes Trinkets, Off-Hands, Makes Glyphs, Allows Hunters to rename their pets, Allows Enchanters to Enchant a Vellum, Creates Scrolls to boost stats)
    -Jewelcrafting (Cuts Gems, Makes Necklaces, Rings, and Focusing Lens)
    -Leatherworking (Makes Leather and Mail Chest/Bracers/Waist/Boots as well as Cloaks, Makes Leggings slot Item Enhancements, Makes Bags)
    -Mining (Good for providing materials used by other professions)
    -Skinning (Good for providing materials used by other professions)
    -Tailoring (Creates Cloaks and Cloth Armor Bracers/Chest/Waist/Feet/Gloves, Creates Bags, Creates Leggings Item Enhancement)

Some basic information:
    So each profession is good in its own ways. Alchemy helps others with flasks and potions as well as gems with transmutations. Blacksmithing helps plate wearers get better gear. Enchanting helps peoples gear have better stats. Engineering helps guns do more damage as well as collecting Eternal Essences for other professions. Herbalism helps out pretty much every profession more so Inscription and Alchemy based on that they use herbs and herbs would probably be the main focus of a herbalist. Inscription helps out by providing Enchanters something to enchant to besides a piece of armor that just gets Disenchanted as well as providing off-hands and trinkets to players. Jewelcrafting helps out by cutting gems that help players increase their stats, as well as making rings and necklaces. Leatherworking helps out Leather and Mail wearers as well as PvPers. Mining helps out pretty much every profession more so Alchemists, Jewelcrafters, and Blacksmithers because the Plate armor is made from smelted ores, Jewelcrafters can prospect ore into gems, and Alchemists can transmute into Gems and other Eternals. Skinning just helps out Leatherworking. And Tailoring helps cloth wearers acquire new gear.

With that being said, I feel that there is not enough help for professions like Tailoring to survive. Alchemists can make any kind of flask with no cd and each kind of epic gem every 20 hours which im sure brings in alot of gold. They can also use flasks during PvP, not to mention they get an increase on its effect, it takes them 2.83 days to learn a new recipe. Jewelcrafters can make epic gems by prospecting titanium ore without a cd, they also have a daily quest that they can do to get their epic gem cuts. Each pattern would take 3 days to acquire and there is a necklace that drops that can be purchased to take less time to get tokens. Inscribers can learn a new recipe every 20 hours and instantly with a Book of Glyph Mastery. All armor crafting professions have no cds on anything they need to make. Leatherworking relies the most on Skinners to get the materials for them to make their armor, which has no CD. Blacksmithers have to rely on Miners to get their Titansteel CD which is only 20 hours which equals 9.1666 days of time provided that they need 12 cds to created a single piece, 12 being the most extreme case. Tailoring has a 3 day 20 hour CD from single piece of cloth that they need to collect for them to make a piece of armor, and 2 pieces provided that they are specced into the spec of cloth that they need. Which means anywhere from 7.66 days(for the ilvl 200 gloves) to 38.333 days(for the ilvl 232 waist/boots)
    And no there is no other profession, item or daily that you can do to get more cloth before the cooldown is up. 3 days 20 hours for 2 pieces. So in the same time you made 1 piece for a cloth wearer you could be making 4 pieces for a plate wearer. And Engineers dont even need an item with a CD to create their armor. Not to mention that the only way to get Infinite Dust for Imbued Frostweave is through Enchanting which anyone knows a stack is 90g on most servers because of what better way is there to get your new gear better than getting that awesome enchant for it(and how long do you think it should take for infinite dust to become cheaper to make tailoring a feasible "profession" after making Abyss Crystals shatter into Infinite Dust or Greater Cosmic Essences (I can already see everyone farming Infinite Dust and letting Greater Cosmic Essence go for 6g ea), and by profession i mean the thing people go to school for to become for the rest of their life to make money with and support their families with. Not to mention that current recipes can only be found from doing end game content. So why cant armor crafters as a whole have a daily quest that lets us learn special patterns and lets us benefit more from our "profession". What kind of message does this send to plate wearers? And what kind of message does this send to cloth wearers. And what are they supposed to tell their kids? Sorry guys but I only make a Tailors paycheck maybe if I only spent so much time and money in Jewelcrafting Alchemy or Mining then I would be able to afford you those new epic gems for those new epic boots it took me 40 days to save up for you. Anything armor crafting related should just be consider a Secondary skill that way more people can take advantage of these other professions. There are also other ways around this.
    Can tailoring have a profession dedicated to gathering tailoring mats as well? That would make things more interesting instead of having Tailoring rely on all players to find the cloth that only drop off certain mobs when killed and looted instead of only the herbalists and engineers when the Eternal Essences prices become more feasible to farm then say Herbs for Flasks for Elixirs or Inscribers. Which I agree that they arent really even the same thing. Herbs are pretty easy to find. And Elixirs only last a short time. But being that you can mill Herbs for Inscription wouldnt one say they take a little amount of herbs to last forever? Ive had the same Glyphs for my toons since they came out in BC. Plus thats why they make so much money because Flasks are in HIGH demand, daily. And with the current rate of people leveling its likely the same people would need trinkets that the Inscribers create(turned into the darkmoon faire) So heres a test for everyone. We should all throw a stack of Frostweave Cloth on the Auction House for 1g more than the lowest price, and well see how long it takes to sell it. If you try the same with a flask or elixir I would be surprised if you found the same result with the Frostweave Cloth. Oh ok no one is really leveling Tailoring atm. But hey you can now hopefully make a bunch of Heavy Frostweave Bandages and vendor them instead of waiting an hour til after they sell if they do sell, which would be time spent waiting minus the AH cut minus your listing fee. Yea i think i'll just vendor them. Which is kind of like Saronite Bars you can sell a stack to a vendor for more than theyre worth. And im sure that everyone is out raiding which means more Elixir Use, getting better gear, which means Enchanting and Jewelcrafting. Which means Mining and Doing Jcing Daily as well as other instances for Greens for Enchanting Mats. But hey if you happen to get new pants be sure to run a Heroic for The Runed Orb and An Herbalist for the Eternal Life, then go and farm certain Northrend Spiders for the Iceweb Spider Silk. And once you do that if you still have enough time visit the Tailor to get them to create the Leg Enchant which you can finally get after hours of farming and searching for the Herbalist. Dont forget to tip a lousy 5g. Then you can thank yourself for wearing cloth. Because if you wore Leather you could have just visited a Skinner for Arctic Fur and Icy Dragonscale and run a half hour heroic for the Orb. And if you wore Plate you could have just done the same and visited a Leatherworker and tipped a lousy 5g. But if you have tailoring you could just visit the tailoring vendor for thread for those pants. And lwing you would still need to visit a Skinner for the Arctic Fur. So pretty much its payout and payout to raise your level so you can provide this service.

Anyway, my complaint here is that it definitely takes too long to create a single piece of tailoring cloth. Especially when other professions can surpass Tailorings Productibility. 4 pieces of plate per 1 piece of cloth is kind of sad. I have always been passive about WoW since I started playing sometime During BC. The only reason I picked up tailoring was for the shadoweave set bonus and the only reason was so i didnt have to feel bad for a whole week while losing a shot at better shoulders. The set as a whole took 52 days to acquire all the mats which was pretty lengthy. I mean it wasnt horrible since only shadow specced tailors could actually use the items. And there was no use to have other ones because not many warlocks hit a high enough level to need a huge soul shard bag. And even if they do they dont need but more than 1 of them. And thats not counting the gold spent leveling the profession. Then after that they have nothing to use them on. Now you can make Glacial Bags which is a pretty cool idea. But it used to be just healers who wore cloth would take up Mooncloth Tailoring and then they could save those CDs for Bags which alot of new players need regardless of their level. And the items are no longer BOP with Shadow Spec Tailoring. They are BoE and dont need a Tailoring Profession at all to use.
    Im fine with the Tailors should only do this or that attitude and have no qualms with Only certain slots for each profession. I do have a problem with Professions as a whole. How some make more than others. All of them should be needed to be used just the same amount. The biggest problem I have is with being able to make 4 pieces of Plate for every 1 piece of Cloth. Id like to help cloth wearers 4x as much as I can now. And yes losing rolls does suck and happens to 24 other people too. Which is why I'm greatful for Armor Crafting Professions. So should Cloth wearers get rolling priority over Plate wearers? I dont know too many people who would go for that. And now it doesnt really matter as the only Armor Tokens that drop, drop in hard mode encounters. I dont think too many people would be arguing that they need gear more. And with the current rate of content these days coming and going, 40 days to make 1 piece thats like a whole patch. I'm glad I paid my $15 this month just so i could make not even a whole piece of armor. But I'm definitely paying my $15 next month for a shot at Onyxia's mount. Oh, wait. I can't because "I'm not geared enough to get in". Wow that sucks man I'll try again in another 40 days when I can get that other piece. Oh wait, Cataclysm is out now? Damn, I almost got that mount that dropped that one time. Man if only I was geared enough. Oh, wait. It still drops?!?! WOOOOOOOHOOOO. Lets get 15 other people who actually wanna go and hope they dont roll on the mount. Ok yea 5 hours went by I have enough people to go with me now. Oh crap! We died with Onyxia at 89% WTH MAN!!!! Oh, ok. Does anyone remember how this fight goes? Oh noone has the achievement either. Damn let me look it up on wowhead. Oh ok. Now I know. /rw GTG!!!. Oh nice we downed her. On snap no mount. Maybe next week. (Next week comes) oh snap no mount. (Next week comes)WTF Man I lose with a 94 against 100.!! (Friend I complained to) Cool story bro wow is so fun. Didn't you know were all trying to get the Aligator Flying mount now from the Underwater raid. Yah were so pro I almost got it too. If only I rolled a 99 like the other guy and not a 2. Maybe next week tho. (Meanwhile thats only 2 $15 subscriptions out of 11 million?) So when do I get to be pro? Especially when I see posts on the forums such as, I am rich from my profession. I guess in my next life I'll find something enjoyable about wearing Plate so I can get geared faster and be pro with everyone else. I can see now all the hate from everyone coming to this thread. Well why do you play WoW. I guess equality just applies to the real world (not of warcraft). I guess ill just go back there where I can get ahead with making the decision that suits me best not the one thats more accepted. NERD Rage FTW!!!

Re: Help Professions

Holy shit wall of text 0.o

What a text wall men, I'll try to read it later

wall of text crits you for ????????? :-X

Wall Of Text hits you for 1337 nerd damage.
    Wall Of Text attack was dodged.
    Wall Of Text hits you for 1889 nerd damage.
    Wall Of Text attack was parried.
    Wall Of Text attack missed.
    Wall Of Text crits you for LOL.

Your brain suffered a 10% loss of intellectual capabilities.
    You died.

Anyway, I lasted until the part of "WHOOHOOO..." then I was consumed. So basically OP is upset that

1. Tailoring has longer 'transmute' cooldowns therefore requiring more time to craft a piece of armor compared to other professions.

2. Other professions seems to be making more money than others.

3. OP lost a roll of 94 to 100.

I don't know about you but I have every profession in the game except Engineering. (Still working on that)... And Tailoring isnt too bad for me. The bags and transmuted cloth sell well for me. Plus, the cloth comes along with questing, dungeons and raids which I then craft into items and DE for dust.

Other professions making more than others just depends on your server. Supply & Demand theory, mate.

I'm still shocked at myself that I actually read almost 3/4 of this... LOL.

Re: Modify Tailoring CD's

Quote: "I don't know about you but I have every profession in the game except Engineering. (Still working on that)... And Tailoring isnt too bad for me. The bags and transmuted cloth sell well for me. Plus, the cloth comes along with questing, dungeons and raids which I then craft into items and DE for dust."

OK so you said that you have every profession in the game, right? Ok well If you are just stuck with Tailoring how bad would that be if you had to rely on ah prices for the dust from the enchanter that DE's. Youd make almost nothing if you had no other profession besides tailoring. Thankfully you can choose 2 of them and you dont get totally crapped on. And if you do alot of questing if that is your thing then im sure you do get alot of cloth. But if you had mining and bs then you could produce alot more stuff. Im sure you make alot more money on your plate wearer while cloth wearers are super poor. No quests required, which is kind of my thing I would rather be mindlessly flying around looking for nodes than flying around mindlessly looking for mobs to kill for cloth. And youd get alot more mats for BS that required alot less of a CD then you would with cloth which would take alot of mob killing time and longer CD. you get like 4 ore per vein = 2 bars while you would find maybe enough to make 5 blue items with bs before you could make 1 from killing the mobs espically at lower levels assuming 1 green dropped during the time you were searching for the cloth. Which is 10 frostweave cloth and 2 infinite dust. That makes 1 imbued netherweave cloth which you would need 1 and an eternal essence just to use the CD for tailoring not to mention that you would need to alot more to make your normal piece of blue gear for tailoring. While waiting 4 days for the cd to come up again which is about how long it takes for the mats to be gathered lol... seriously tho in 4 days im sure you would have alot more cloth than enough to make 1 piece. but in those 4 days you would have 4 titansteel bars and if you spent the same amount of time mining in the right spot youd make alot more than what you need and youd sell the rest on the ah or vendor(which sells for more too).

can someone give me a TL;DR version?????

I am actually queuing up for a bg, and since there are like 45 mins, I tabbed over to mmo-champion, but if i start reading this, I won't be finished in te next 10 mins Oo

Quote Originally Posted by Bananengurke
    can someone give me a TL;DR version?????

I am actually queuing up for a bg, and since there are like 45 mins, I tabbed over to mmo-champion, but if i start reading this, I won't be finished in te next 10 mins Oo
    This is why you learn to skim read

the TL;DR version is a profession whine, and despite the fact that lightweave is the best dps increase for a profession if you're a caster that tailoring needs a buff. and to change the 4 day cloth cooldowns (which tbh you can just swap with other pieces anyway).

Think I got everything but I'm a skim reader. Its something you pick up after years of studying pretentious English political thinkers and some stuff on forums is just as long winded unfortunately.

15+ Year Old Account

My eyes, my beautiful eyes, BURNING.

On a side, no idea what you wrote

15+ Year Old Account

There are a couple of ways to mitigate the situation you describe.

1. 'Buy' the cooldowns from other tailors. Not all tailors are actively making cloth, and cooldowns sell for 15-20g on my server.

2. Level tailoring on an alt. You'll cut your cooldown time in half, and you'll benefit from a second tailoring specialisation proc.

As an aside, you put a lot of work into your post, but the absence of paragraphs makes it all but impossible to read. Why not break it up a bit, as the information you've provided is very useful?
    Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.

Quote Originally Posted by Yerbury
    There are a couple of ways to mitigate the situation you describe.

1. 'Buy' the cooldowns from other tailors. Not all tailors are actively making cloth, and cooldowns sell for 15-20g on my server.

2. Level tailoring on an alt. You'll cut your cooldown time in half, and you'll benefit from a second tailoring specialisation proc.

As an aside, you put a lot of work into your post, but the absence of paragraphs makes it all but impossible to read. Why not break it up a bit, as the information you've provided is very useful?
    This is exactly the kind of thinking that makes this ok.
    1. Why buy the CD from another tailor. If the CD was as short as other professions then you would more than likely not need to buy it. As it shares the same basic principle as other armor making professions. the only difference is that one is for cloth the other is for plate. The plate one however means that you can do more in as little time. Which means (2) I wouldnt need to create another character and level him to 65 to pickup Grand Master tailoring. So lowering the CD on Tailoring cloths would mean that we put out the same amount of pieces as any other profession. And 3 maybe require less pieces to make materials. Such as only needing 12 pieces of it to make the most expensive cloth piece with a 20 hour CD which wouldmake it more comparable to blacksmithing. And also make a CD for leather working which would limit them from how many pieces that they can make to create such an item too. Currently there is no Cd on Lwing/Engineering mats (except for the mount in engineering). Please change this as well. And Xmutes for Titansteel bar arent that fair either.

Well ive been a tailor since I first started my main char over 4 yrs ago and ive found the CDs fine, ok lets see, I can make 4 bits of cloth every four days (im a shadow specialist so I make 2 ebonweave, 1 moonshroud and 1 spellweave) I keep the ebonweave and moonshroud and sell the spellweave. I find the whole thing pretty fair and if I could transmute everyone everyday then the price of everything would drop and everyone would spend all day farming eternals to transmute, the cost of eternals would change and everything would just get screwed up. Its fine as it is, if you want more cloth then make the others and either find another tailor and swap or sell your excess on the AH and buy what you need with the profit.

Quote Originally Posted by DG
    Well ive been a tailor since I first started my main char over 4 yrs ago and ive found the CDs fine, ok lets see, I can make 4 bits of cloth every four days (im a shadow specialist so I make 2 ebonweave, 1 moonshroud and 1 spellweave) I keep the ebonweave and moonshroud and sell the spellweave. I find the whole thing pretty fair and if I could transmute everyone everyday then the price of everything would drop and everyone would spend all day farming eternals to transmute, the cost of eternals would change and everything would just get screwed up. Its fine as it is, if you want more cloth then make the others and either find another tailor and swap or sell your excess on the AH and buy what you need with the profit.
    You find that a 4 day CD is fine when other professions are only 20 hours? If you could transmute everyday then the price of the cloth would drop yes, making it more commonly available, i mean as commonly available as the other professions. If everyone spent all day for farming eternals for transmute then the prices would go down on the eternals making them more commonly available but also used more. Which would in return keep them about the same price. We'll take Eternal Fire into account. So already it is a reagent for 34 items. Which means they are in a considerably high demand already. Infact, Eternal Fire is a reagent of the Titansteel Cd which is already at 20 hours. So if we were to have a 20 hour CD too then the price would raise by a little bit at first being everyone is using their CD. Once people switch to farm those more often like you said then the price for the mats would go down and the price for the cloth would go down too because the mats didnt cost as much, but this is only speculation not containing facts. Hypothetically this would be making engineering a desired profession again. Does a tailoing piece right now cost 4 times as much on the AH as it does for a BSing item? No of course not. Plus Bsing uses less CD mats than tailoring does so 4x as much should actually be 4.6x as much. So why should we have to wait 4.6 times longer to make something from CDs than a BS does?

Jesus Christ somebody introduce this guy to the enter key ffs.

P.S. Even if you used all of your tailoring CDs which does make 1 cloth per 3 days and 20 hours and 2 pieces for the spec you are into. There is Ebonweave Moonshroud and Spellcloth. Which would be 1 of each of those and 2 of one of those. 4 cloths total every 3 days 20 hours. If you like wasting your mats then that is your choice and is a fair choice as well. That only comes out to 1 cloth every 23 hours. If the CD is reduced by 3 hours then that would give the same amount of cloth per day only making it possible to xmute every 3 days 20 hours (92 hours total) as a Mining CD which is up every 20 hours(80 hours total for 4 pieces). So theoretically that would solve the problem.

However, it would still take more CD's than a Mining CD to make the most expensive plate piece versus the most expensive cloth piece. 12 titansteel bars versus 20 moonshroud. Even if you traded all the cloth CDs you had acquired during those days for Moonshroud you would need 460 hours of time to create the cloth piece. To create the BS piece you would only need 240 hours of time.

So you would still be able to create 1.91667 pieces of plate for every cloth piece. If you lowered the CD mats required to create the cloth piece then you would need 12 pieces for the most expensive piece the same for both professions. If you used all 3 tailoring CDs at the same time traded all the mats for the cloth that you need and lowered the CD to by 3 hours then it would be safe to say that Tailoring is just as productable as Blacksmithing.

As for people worried about the negative effects of this, it would mean that the price of Runed Orbs associated with the creation of the items would uphold the items value. As well as helping more people out at the same time getting geared. More cloth CDs less Runed Orbs on the AH people with better gear in raids. I cant see where no one would go home happy here. (Do I smell a chinese gold farmer?)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by pepsidrink
    This is exactly the kind of thinking that makes this ok.
    1. Why buy the CD from another tailor. If the CD was as short as other professions then you would more than likely not need to buy it. As it shares the same basic principle as other armor making professions. the only difference is that one is for cloth the other is for plate. The plate one however means that you can do more in as little time. Which means (2) I wouldnt need to create another character and level him to 65 to pickup Grand Master tailoring. So lowering the CD on Tailoring cloths would mean that we put out the same amount of pieces as any other profession. And 3 maybe require less pieces to make materials. Such as only needing 12 pieces of it to make the most expensive cloth piece with a 20 hour CD which wouldmake it more comparable to blacksmithing. And also make a CD for leather working which would limit them from how many pieces that they can make to create such an item too. Currently there is no Cd on Lwing/Engineering mats (except for the mount in engineering). Please change this as well. And Xmutes for Titansteel bar arent that fair either.
    So what is it that you are asking, exactly? Are you looking for a solution to the existing problem, or are you asking us to wave our magic wands and revamp the tailoring profession from the comfort of our armchairs?

The cooldown is what it is. Purchasing cooldowns from other players, or leveling tailoring on an alt, are ways of mitigating the inconvenience of a ~4 day wait. If that doesn't satisfy you, I'd suggest wrapping up this thread and instead submitting your thoughts to Blizzard, as no one on these forums can arbitrarily alter the cooldown to 20 hours.

Does a tailoing piece right now cost 4 times as much on the AH as it does for a BSing item? No of course not. Plus Bsing uses less CD mats than tailoring does so 4x as much should actually be 4.6x as much. So why should we have to wait 4.6 times longer to make something from CDs than a BS does?
    It obviously depends on the server, but on my realm a tailored item requiring runed orbs will cost anywhere from two to four times as much as an equivilent blacksmithing item. Having spoken with friends on a different server, the situation is identical there. In other words, it isn't as black and white as you suggest.

Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.

I don't want blizzard to decrease the cooldown, if you ever get an excess of cloth that (if you bought it) costs around 10g (if that) and resell for 100-150g (depending how much is up). I'd rather do that once every 4 days and get 200-300g doing absolutely nothing than making 20g every day because there's too much cloth for anyone to do anything with..

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo328
    I don't want blizzard to decrease the cooldown, if you ever get an excess of cloth that (if you bought it) costs around 10g (if that) and resell for 100-150g (depending how much is up). I'd rather do that once every 4 days and get 200-300g doing absolutely nothing than making 20g every day because there's too much cloth for anyone to do anything with..
    Amen to that. Every four days we can make four pieces of cloth. Considering the potential profit margin, I'd rather have the cooldown remain as is and compromise elsewhere, as opposed to a 20 hour cooldown where the AH suddenly sees entrepreneurs A, B and C selling moonshroud, spellweave and ebonweave for a 10g buyout.

Quote Originally Posted by Yerbury
    So what is it that you are asking, exactly? Are you looking for a solution to the existing problem, or are you asking us to wave our magic wands and revamp the tailoring profession from the comfort of our armchairs?

The cooldown is what it is. Purchasing cooldowns from other players, or leveling tailoring on an alt, are ways of mitigating the inconvenience of a ~4 day wait. If that doesn't satisfy you, I'd suggest wrapping up this thread and instead submitting your thoughts to Blizzard, as no one on these forums can arbitrarily alter the cooldown to 20 hours.

It obviously depends on the server, but on my realm a tailored item requiring runed orbs will cost anywhere from two to four times as much as an equivilent blacksmithing item. Having spoken with friends on a different server, the situation is identical there. In other words, it isn't as black and white as you suggest.

See like I said before this is exactly the kind of thinking that makes this thing ok..
    Yes I am seeking a solution to an existing problem. Waving a magical wand? You lost me there. I understand the tailoring CD sucks right now. And how do you think laws were put into the first place and how people get change? They stand up and fight for it.
    And to answer your last comment. Ok then I was wrong. So it does cost cloth wearers 2 to 4 times as much as a plate wearer to acquire gear making it the hardest armor to obtain. Why do you think that this is? 240 hours of waiting per bs piece. 920 hours waiting for cloth piece. Is that a good reason? I would rather bs and cloth items become more competitive in terms of price anyway. Which means they cost less, sell more often(made more often) which would be providing players with an easy and cheap solution to missing out on that piece of gear that dropped that they didnt win.

And from a tailoring perspective 2 times as expensive for a piece of cloth that took me 4 times longer to isnt my cup of tea either.

And like I said before do I smell a gold farmer?

If an excess of cloth goes for 10g then how could you possibly resell it for 100-150g? It would mean that the cloth was worth 150g max. Anyone willing to sell you the cloth for 10g so you can just resell it for 150g is just retarted. And if it is resellable anyway, then apparently its still worth something to someone. AKA Making bags with it, new gear. I so sorry that you waited 4 days to make 200-300g. But it wouldnt be 20g that you made if the CD was shorter it would be the 100-150g per piece and being the cd was shorter you would bring home more in the end assuming that you only created 2 piece of your specced cloth. Would bring you 800-1200g if you want a gold farmers prospective.

My whole point here is not that tailoring isnt as profitable as other professions which is everyone elses standpoint. But rather the productability issue. It takes 3 hours longer CD per piece to make assuming you create all of your CDs at the same time and trade the pieces for your desired piece (no gold involved) and it takes 2 more longer CD periods to make a cloth piece versus a plate piece (8 total extra pieces which is 4 pieces every 3 days 20 hours).

Well its a case of rarity and price
    Ebonweave on dragonblight eu horde side can regularily go for 200g+, where as titansteel is cheaper
    4 ebonweave every 4 days if you specialse gets you more money item for item then 4 titansteel every 4 days

also,
    please
    learn
    to
    paragraph
    ty.
    Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly

http://maggeddon.blogspot.com/
    http://twitter.com/#!/JSMcGough