Thread: Ret hate.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Ret hate.

xD, see it is still getting people!

Really, why would I make a post like that considering I almost never (if not never) posted there before? Ah I love today, lots of good laughs!~
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJXU7EVXs2A

A class that can tank AND heal, but they prefer to bugger in PvP with their retribution spec.

And in PvP, other hybrids at least bother to throw a heal at me if they see I'm low on hit points. Paladins? Paladins can't even be arsed to give the proper buffs, let stand heal.

/spit
    DEAL WITH IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    What are you talking about?? None of that post was violent. I know that warriors were the best tanks until Wrath, but I also know that they have always been very vulnerable to ret pallys in 1v1 situations. Did you misquote me or something?? Feel free to point out anything that would make you believe that I have no idea what I am talking about.
    I am going to take a guess and say you did not play your paladin during the first 7 or so months of BC
    5mans = paly tank
    heroics = paly tank
    Kara = Paly tank
    Tk = Paly Tank
    Ssc = Paly Tank
    Hyjal = both
    Bt = Both
    Sunwell = warriors

Simply put when Sunwell was released a hole lot of guilds spent 2-3 weeks gearing up warrior tanks because up until that point of BC they were not wanted.

And no it was not that warriors could not tank the content it was that people fell in love with Consecration on Aoe packs and no longer being forced to wait for a warrior to stack 3 sunders before they opened up dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Nd
    Is it really that hard to figure out the source of ret hate? Really?
    Heres a clue:

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/weeklyactivity.php

Notice the massive population explosion at the start of WoTLK ? Yeah, definitely no FOTM rerollers right? Paladins are now the most played class.
    You can spell it out all you want, they will not understand it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

I'm almost done levelling my ret paladin, and by far this has been the easiest experience I've ever had.
    Other classes I've levelled to 80 are rogue, warrior, mage, warlock, priest. Gave up on DK at 74.

I died once from 40 to 80. (was twinking at 39 for a short while).

Any paladin that thinks wotlk paladins are not OP or FoTM is straight up lying.

Ret is hated becuase it cannot function in PvP without bubble. Bubble is such a good skill that Ret still hasnt been given any nice utility other then, OK i'm gunna stun him for 6 seconds. BLOW YOUR BURST. O crap he didnt die ok 30 seconds more we can try again.

Basically it comes down to that if ret pallys are on par with other classes when fighting, the ret pally always wins just becuase asuming your both at 25% hp, the pally can bubble heal to full hp and you cant. I hate this about my own pally becuase Bubble is often manditory and it almost feels like my class is designed around it (which it is). So if i dont have it I feel somtimes gimped.

In the PvE perspective ret is a not a skilled class. I have a pally and i've raided with it. Its not. In the way that as ret, you have a rotation and thats it. There is nothing more, as in nothing that you have to keep up that isnt auto'ed into your rotation already. The most interesting thing ret has is exorsism and its realy not interesting at all.

So your talking about 1: people getting frustrated in PvP becuase its a pain to have to balance around a bubble, and your talking about 2: people who play classes that have to keep up bleeds and self buffs, and Dots having to compute how much haste is to much haste so that your rotation isnt thrown off, who think its boring and easy. Those people who spend all that time look at ret pallys and go, O you just need to upgrade better gear? There are no funny numbers or anything? Your rotation never gets messed up? Then you wonder why those people dont like ret?

And its not like everybody hates rate. There are plenty of people who like ret or playing with a ret (who dont play ret themselves).
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

Quote Originally Posted by Clockworker
    A class that can tank AND heal, but they prefer to bugger in PvP with their retribution spec.

And in PvP, other hybrids at least bother to throw a heal at me if they see I'm low on hit points. Paladins? Paladins can't even be arsed to give the proper buffs, let stand heal.

/spit
    "How dare you not want to heal or tank so I can just sit back and mindlessly dps?!" "WHY U NO HEEL ME IN BGS GAIS?"

What class do YOU play? What buffs do YOU provide? Hmm?

/spit
    The rets you play with are dumb as sticks.

Personally, I've played ret since mid-vanilla, and I find it prideful to see both a big damage number and a big healing number next to my name after BG's close.

So no, it's not the class or the spec. You just happen to be near a Nexus of Stupid, which is, of course, emitting a very strong Dumbass-ic Field and massive quantities of Godd**nR**arded-ons

On-topic; Yeah, blizz, that shit's way too low for a multimillion-$ company. Way low blow.

LOL

Hate all you want. You're still gonna be walking back to your body. Might as well spirit res, I feel like divine storming your face again.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

15+ Year Old Account

/spit
    earn your heal and i might..
    huntard..

15+ Year Old Account

/spit
    ure 10 times more retarded than the ret palies who wont heal u... and thats like being a bread.
    just because some rets dont think about healing u in the heat of battle does not make them retards or stupid, they just didnt see and sometimes they just wont heal u.

i dont see why i tried to explain this to a bread tho im just trying to be helpfull
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Common mis-conception- He didn't ask for MS, but rather brought up the topic of MS (then said he was a Paladin).
    No ... I was there. He asked, "When are paladins getting their own MS?"

I don't like pallies because they keep claiming they need more in PVP. An interrupt, a silence, a snare, an MS ... good lord, you have enough abilities to ignore other people's defenses and you can heal yourself. In starting PVP, assuming everyone has relatively crap PVE gear, the ret pally will dominate. This may not be true at top end arena, but the vast majority of players do not have access to that to be familiar with it.

They are able to queue into a BG and be rolled by someone who presses the same 3-4 buttons regularly, as the, "FU all! You're walking back to your corpse, or maybe spirit ressing!" guy in this thread earlier says. And the same combo of 3-4 keys ALSO is great in PVE. Maybe some talents switched around, but it's no more complex to play.

I played affliction when it was actually difficult (TBC) and resented other warlocks for playing destro with its amazing 1-button rotation (at the time). So that's where I am coming from. Your mileage may vary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Separate
    Maybe I can see if Exodus or Paragon have a strat on how to make girls clothes just fall off, exploiting of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by wulfen13
    There are exploits for that, but you get a long time in prison for them...

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    There are class stereotypes for most of the classes in-game.
    QQ more and wear Resilience.
    Around 900 resilience thanks. Maybe I should sacrifice any damage gems at all and just put sta and res and just tank.
    PvP is for those of lower intellect. Only someone with a low IQ would look at class imbalances, gear issues, racials, RNG, level advantages and number advantages and then claim that it was their skill was the main deciding factor in a battle. That's if they win. If they lose, the above will all of a sudden become relevant to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Masamichi
    Context is a real pesky thing isint it? Because the guy asking the question then said "because thats what you are giving everyone else". This has nothing to do with ret getting it (because we know they wont get it) but more that Blizzard is handing out the MS debuff like candy now.

Quote Originally Posted by Helig
    Context is a real pesky thing isint it? Because the guy asking the question then said "because thats what you are giving everyone else". This has nothing to do with ret getting it (because we know they wont get it) but more that Blizzard is handing out the MS debuff like candy now.
    Nice spin. But, no. Context is that he wanted to know when pallies were getting MS for ret. QED.

YOU may know that ret isn't ever getting MS, but if he wanted to be taken seriously, he should have asked when "Everyone who doesn't have one," will get it.

Edit: And I guess posters like this guy (above, registered just to try and spin) don't help my view on pallies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Separate
    Maybe I can see if Exodus or Paragon have a strat on how to make girls clothes just fall off, exploiting of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by wulfen13
    There are exploits for that, but you get a long time in prison for them...

I don't like pallies because they keep claiming they need more in PVP. An interrupt, a silence, a snare, an MS ... good lord, you have enough abilities to ignore other people's defenses and you can heal yourself. In starting PVP, assuming everyone has relatively crap PVE gear, the ret pally will dominate. This may not be true at top end arena, but the vast majority of players do not have access to that to be familiar with it.

They are able to queue into a BG and be rolled by someone who presses the same 3-4 buttons regularly, as the, "FU all! You're walking back to your corpse, or maybe spirit ressing!" guy in this thread earlier says. And the same combo of 3-4 keys ALSO is great in PVE. Maybe some talents switched around, but it's no more complex to play.

I played affliction when it was actually difficult (TBC) and resented other warlocks for playing destro with its amazing 1-button rotation (at the time). So that's where I am coming from. Your mileage may vary.
    But you see, that's why they have this awesome stuff called resilience gear. Do you honestly expect anyone to care how classes are balanced assuming they're all wearing PvE gear?

For example, a match with your warlock in PvE gear(say you're affliction) vs my paladin in PvE gear would end in about 15 seconds, with you dead on the ground. My immunity would allow me to ignore your CC and your lack of resil means that I can likely burst you down in the space of a repent/HoJ.

Equip both toons with Furious gear and it ends with me on the ground, twitching. You can't balance PvP around not having PvP gear. It just doesn't work. And with the new system of being able to purchase the previous season's PvP gear entirely with badges, there is zero excuse for not using resilience gear.

Frankly, I don't care what that idiot said about MS at Blizzcon. I'm not him. He's not the avatar of the ret paladin community.

Simple answer to this...all other dps can check there ego's and attitudes at the login screen come in and play a fun game with a level head.

I truly feel Ferraro's words as paladins in general throughout all mmo's over their short span have been subjugated to irrelevancy and deemed inferior. Don't get things all confused other classes get their turn with the nerf bat but paladins have the most nerfs in the history of nerfdom regardless of size or shape. The disrespect needs to stop from all ends and by everyone, this is a game but this is also an experience how many other games in your library do you have a couple of years into. Before you comeback with some lame ass rebuttal like " I have a life" realize with that saying you infinitely proclaim the exact opposite.

In closing lets turn are Douche bag addon off, check our attitude at the door and get to stomping the living daylights out of the evilz.

I was sitting in that audience as well, and I'm not exactly certain what you heard, but I know what I heard:

"When are you going to give Mortal Strike debuffs to everyone, 'cause you're doing that right now."

Yes, it was a failed sarcastic attempt at asking "When will Paladin also get this with everyone else" I can concede to that. Your argument however is falling into semantics.

On a more personal note, I groaned myself when I heard that question. I knew the moment he said "I play a Ret Paladin" that people in the audience were going to shut their reasonable thought processes off right then and there.

What he said, is what is typed above. A valid question tainted by failure at sarcasm. Leave it at that.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nihilistic
    I was sitting in that audience as well, and I'm not exactly certain what you heard, but I know what I heard:

"When are you going to give Mortal Strike debuffs to everyone, 'cause you're doing that right now."

Yes, it was a failed sarcastic attempt at asking "When will Paladin also get this with everyone else" I can concede to that. Your argument however is falling into semantics.

On a more personal note, I groaned myself when I heard that question. I knew the moment he said "I play a Ret Paladin" that people in the audience were going to shut their reasonable thought processes off right then and there.

What he said, is what is typed above. A valid question tainted by failure at sarcasm. Leave it at that.
    thats what i heard too, even if i werent there.. but anyway Video says it all

\_/

"I obviously didn't roll a Ret Paladin because of all the respect they receive from the community."
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......