Thread: Ret hate.

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Ret hate.

Some of you might be familiar with Ferraro and his/her blog. But for the others:

http://ferarro.blogspot.com/2009/09/jokes-on-us.html

I think he/she/it(whatever!) makes some valid points. And in all honesty, i could deal with all the ret hate if it were only from the community but blizzard jumping on the wagon? I mean come on. One, two or even three jokes are fine, blizzard has proven to be a company that wants to show a little sense of humor but still. There is a line that you shouldn't cross.

I know, i know. I'll probably get flamed for bringing this up and i should just be happy that ret is somewhat compatible but i want to know your opinions on this.

And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

Re: Ret hate.

Because Blizzard didn't buff ret into infinity at the start of WotLK.....
    First Rule of MMO's:
    -Those who have accomplished less than you are noobs.
    -Those who have accomplished more than you are no-lifers.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaurr
    Because Blizzard didn't buff ret into infinity at the start of WotLK.....
    Seriously?? Have you only been playing this game or been involved in game forums for like 10 months?

Paladins have always been hated on. Rets and Shocks were always getting harassed in vanilla and TBC. The OP buffs in early WotLK only added fuel to the fire that had long been burning.

I was pretty disgusted with the way pallys were insulted repeatedly by Blizzard at Blizzcon, but then it happened. It happened and I couldn't say a word because they were right. When that dipshit asked the Ret/MS question I just /facepalmed. We deserved every damn bit of it because of that guy.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    Seriously?? Have you only been playing this game or been involved in game forums for like 10 months?

Paladins have always been hated on. Rets and Shocks were always getting harassed in vanilla and TBC. The OP buffs in early WotLK only added fuel to the fire that had long been burning.

I was pretty disgusted with the way pallys were insulted repeatedly by Blizzard at Blizzcon, but then it happened. It happened and I couldn't say a word because they were right. When that dipshit asked the Ret/MS question I just /facepalmed. We deserved every damn bit of it because of that guy.
    It comes with being Awesome: Like most things, you just take it with pride, or use that hate to show others what you can accomplish- Like out DPSing the Ranged DPS on Twins in 25 man

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    It comes with being Awesome: Like most things, you just take it with pride, or use that hate to show others what you can accomplish- Like out DPSing the Ranged DPS on Twins in 25 man
    Not to burst your bubble but with our raid setup for Twins, the top 5 or 6 DPS are all melee.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account

Not to burst your bubble but with our raid setup for Twins, the top 5 or 6 DPS are all melee.
    Usually our one Hunter averages 9k to 10k DPS on that fight and Im right behind with 8.2k or so- But yes, its becasue of the mechanics of the fight that Melee should be doing better.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    Everybody hates Jeff Gordon too.
    Adam, how ya been?? Long time, no see.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    The problem here isn't Blizzard, it's that people care too much.

You can solve your problem very easily if you don't want hate: Don't be retlol or don't play paladin if you want to be dps. Simple. No one likes or respects retardins. No one. And you know it perfectly. So.... Stop whining or reroll.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf
    You can solve your problem very easily if you don't want hate: Don't be retlol or don't play paladin if you want to be dps. Simple. No one likes or respects retardins. No one. And you know it perfectly. So.... Stop whining or reroll.
    Its like saying "If you don't like oxygen, mutate into an alien and live in outer space"

Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf
    This mentality has been around as long as paladins have had a Retribution tree. A hybrid shouldn't do as much damage as a "pure" is the reason why rets had always fallen short in the Damage Done department. Now that the gap has been closed between Rets and "pures" the hatred has only gotten worse.

A class that can heal with the best of them, tank as the best of them, and DPS near the top is bound to piss off a lot of players.

I think its kinda funny that this post is coming from a warrior. One of the all-time weakest classes against paladins and currently the weakest of tanks.

15+ Year Old Account

This mentality has been around as long as paladins have had a Retribution tree. A hybrid shouldn't do as much damage as a "pure" is the reason why rets had always fallen short in the Damage Done department. Now that the gap has been closed between Rets and "pures" the hatred has only gotten worse.

A class that can heal with the best of them, tank as the best of them, and DPS near the top is bound to piss off a lot of players.

I think its kinda funny that this post is coming from a warrior. One of the all-time weakest classes against paladins and currently the weakest of tanks.
    Not to mention that for 4 years they were the BEST tanks and Arms DPS was one of the BEST Melee DPS available.

Maybe it is because almost everyone plays or has a paladin.
    And they wanna see more druids and rogues and so on
    and that is it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by mmoer
    Maybe it is because almost everyone plays or has a paladin.
    Adn they wanna see more druids and rogues and so on
    and that is it.
    It's called "FotM" rollers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Not to mention that for 4 years they were the BEST tanks and Arms DPS was one of the BEST Melee DPS available.
    Not to mention the ridiculous damage a Fury Warrior could do in BT, Hyjal and Sunwell while DWing glaives.

I hate retadins too. Why? Because they decided each battle in 3.0, don't need alot of skill. I know after the damage part you need to have some skill but come on, look at the skills its all deal x dmg, deal x dmg. While every other class has: deal x dmg if blabla.
    Ow and I can't stand it if I'm killed by some Stupid human/belf/draenei (dwarfs rock, no I'm not a dwarf im horde) in pink armor.

Made by Cazy!
    Massively Oversized Avatar removed - Cilraaz

Just watch the BlizzCon cast (if you havent already or was there) and check the dude on Class Q&A who plays ret and asks about MS for ret. He is the reason I hate ret palas.

15+ Year Old Account

Not to mention the ridiculous damage a Fury Warrior could do in BT, Hyjal and Sunwell while DWing glaives.
    not too hard when you got weapon with 10% more dps then the other class
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakuru
    I hate retadins too. Why? Because they decided each battle in 3.0, don't need alot of skill. I know after the damage part you need to have some skill but come on, look at the skills its all deal x dmg, deal x dmg. While every other class has: deal x dmg if blabla.
    Ow and I can't stand it if I'm killed by some Stupid human/belf/draenei (dwarfs rock, no I'm not a dwarf im horde) in pink armor.
    remind me the skill it take to play a war, a mage, a warlock.. etc?

i should probably stop giving Blessing to people.. you cant respect me then no Blessing for you!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Drakuru
    This is what all the "real" players (like myself)have been asking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Prm
    Just watch the BlizzCon cast (if you havent already or was there) and check the dude on Class Q&A who plays ret and asks about MS for ret. He is the reason I hate ret palas.
    Common mis-conception- He didn't ask for MS, but rather brought up the topic of MS (then said he was a Paladin).