Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

World first "A Tribute to Insanity" by Premonition

World first "A Tribute to Insanity" by Premonition
    Today, Premonition (US-Sen'jin) completed one of the hardest achievement available in the Trial of the Grand Crusader : A Tribute to Insanity (25 Player). Congratulations to them. The Tribute Chest gave them Jaina's Radiance, Remorseless, Regalia of the Grand Vanquisher x 2, Regalia of the Grand Conqueror x 2.

We're still waiting for the world first A Tribute to Immortality, we might have to wait a little longer before someone gets it but .... who knows.

Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ulduar closed on PTRs
    This is correct. There are many servers that have not had a realm first kill on Algalon, and in order to prevent extra attempts per week we have Ulduar closed on the PTR. (Source)

Earth, Wind and Fire
    We don't feel that just because an achievement is difficult that it needs to have a big reward associated with it. If you will only do something because you will gain something specific like a title/mount then doing every achievement may not be for you. Some others like to do extra things that challenge them in a different way and change up their game play for a few days/attempts which is pretty much what this achievement accomplishes. (Source)

Brewfest updated to Level 80
    Indeed, Brewfest has been updated for level 80, and you should see the return of some quests that went missing last year. I'll be around should questions arise that I can field. However, the changes aren't extensive enough to warrant a round of PTR testing this time.

1. Can you confirm or deny whether or not the Wolpertinger will be sold for gold this year or tickets?
    For our region, the quest should be back.

2. Can you confirm or deny whether any of the pieces of clothing will be able to be sold back to the vendor for a ticket refund like the one piece of clothing from Midsummer?
    As the tickets are part of the token system I believe the refund functionality will be there.

I have all the items the horseman drops (level 70 ones) I was wondering if the items themselves will be updated to 80 versions, or will I have to get a new 80 version through a drop?
    Any new items will be just that: new items that you will have to acquire. It wouldn't be fair to those who haven't leveled since they received those items to bump them up and potentially make them unusable.

Brewfest Mount Droprate and Coren Direbrew
    No, but as others have pointed out, having the actual mount is no longer required for the achievement; you need only transform your mount with hops to get Have Keg, Will Travel. Due to this, I don't believe the drop rate of the mounts changed from the rate it was when Brewfest ended last year.

As for questions regarding additions and such, as I mentioned earlier in the thread, there were no major changes or additions to the holiday, simply an update to what was already there. This means that Coren works the same way he did last year, and there are no new pets or mounts. We hope you'll have a good time in any case. (Source)

Hunter
    Intimidation and Kill Command
    I can't go into detail on all of them, but for starters Intimidation could be a lot better and Kill Command could be as fun as say Lock and Load instead of a macro'd ability. (Source)

Tranquilizing Shot
    We're not going to be in a big hurry to buff Tranq Shot. It might be a better way to go to nerf all dispels to something more like that so that they didn't trivially undo buffs, debuffs and CC. (Source)

Shaman / Warlock
    Totem of Wrath vs Demonic Pact
    I said ToW vs. DP is a problem that we want to fix. We aren't ready to discuss potential fixes yet so there's not much I can add to that topic.

We don't think Elemental (or Shadow for that matter) are as low as a lot of players of those respective specs seem to believe, but both received small buffs. While it wasn't necessarily our intention, both of those tweaks happen to be relatively tricky to theorycraft out, so the jury is still out on what kind of buff they will provide or if they will be considered "enough."

Some posters then tried to justify Demos's low dps because of their great buffs, but that isn't the way we actually want the game to work.

All classes should have buffs. All damage specs should do competitive dps, with the exception that the four pure classes should do slightly higher dps. Different versions of the same buff should not feel wildly different with regard to talent expenditure, personal dps loss, up time, duration or scaling. We will continue to work to improve all of those issues. However, in almost all cases, individual skill, gear and group coordination will have a larger effect on your performance than anything we can do to buff your class. (Source)

Re: World first "A Tribute to Insanity" by Premonition

Truly a feat of if incredible skill...just to think, one of the top guilds in the world took this long and it's not even the Hardest achiev from there...looks like my guild stands no chance at it lol. Grats to the anyway

Also, can't wait for Brewfest Violet Drake, here I come ^.^
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliekcookies View Post
    WoW is like heroine among MMORPGs. Once you're hooked, it's an addiction. You can't go back to anything weaker.

lol grtz when ca we expect the video?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Remember when the challenge was in, you know, actually killing the boss, rather than these gimmick achievements?

WTB harder PvE content.
    Oh wait.. I have not completed "A tribute to insanity" yet :/

I personally do not think that this kind of "Hard Mode" is a good direction.
    meh, I lag and died, then this week is done.

More Algalon Please!

[Insert whine about how easy it is now]

That is cool though. Love the warglaives in the screenshot too

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by FishHead
    Remember when the challenge was in, you know, actually killing the boss, rather than these gimmick achievements?
    Remember back in the day when you weren't on this website 6 posts ago? Those were the days.

An objective in a video game is just the same if you still have fun. Stop complaining ~_~

grats to them Good to have a legit world first for US

Grats to them

First thing i noticed when i clicked the pic was the wolf called Retard... Pro!

Very legit US world first, awesome job guys.
    Current main: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nordrassil&cn=Thetormented

Awaiting Ensidia and EJ nerds to say "NO WAY POSSIBLE, THEY GLITCHED IT!".

....grats btw.

America, FUCK YEAR!

i dont get it, why lock off ulduar?

i mean its the ptr.... is it really that much of an advantage? enough people have already killed algalon in 25 man (3 guilds on my server)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by moocowdruid

i mean its the ptr.... is it really that much of an advantage? enough people have already killed algalon in 25 man (3 guilds on my server)
    Why does Ulduar have to be on the PTR? It's not new content, it doesn't need to be tested. You can get your numbers other places.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaman
    Why does Ulduar have to be on the PTR? It's not new content, it doesn't need to be tested. You can get your numbers other places.
    its there so incase there is more bugs they can be fixed

Grats to everyone in Premo. Some of the best skilled players in the game. This is one title I'll never be getting :P

Good luck on the immortality achievement.

Grats Premonition! A well deserved achievement.
    I'm afraid we have a slight apocalypse on our hands

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssalhand
    WTB harder PvE content.
    Oh wait.. I have not completed "A tribute to insanity" yet :/

I personally do not think that this kind of "Hard Mode" is a good direction.
    meh, I lag and died, then this week is done.

More Algalon Please!
    That is immortality. They got insanity, which means they did have some deaths (likely because of that same reason).

There are a lot of guilds that have yet to kill him (even for a server first title), and some may have started to go practice on the PTR (4 copies of your main for the entire guild = 4 more hours of practice on 25 man per week).

Grats premonition, good luck on immortality now!

Quote Originally Posted by FishHead

Yes I do but you don't because you never saw those challenges or these ones.

Congratulations to Premonition on an incredible job. I will say I think the system Blizz has now implemented with a limited number of attempts is interesting. I think it's why we haven't seen more "such-and-such first" from Ensidia. I think one of the reasons they were top dog was because they could get away with playing the game *all* day to learn fights and down bosses. I'm not saying they're bad players. They certainly are not, but I think guilds that can pull off fights where they have to correct quicker, learn faster and be more efficient are really beginning to shine. While the limited attempts can be a huge pain, they also allow really, really skilled guilds to compete with guilds that get to do nothing but play WoW all day.

Grats to all of them!