Page 1 of 2
LastLast

World first A Tribute to Mad Skill (25) by Paragon - EU

Paragon (Lightning's Blade - EU) did world first A Tribute to Mad Skill achievement a few minutes ago.

http://www.paragon-wow.com

Click for full size pictures.

Damage meters:

Official killshot:

On a side note, tanking this encounter is totally screwed. We benched our Ulduar 25-man geared Death Knight maintank and picked up an Ulduar 10-man geared alt Warrior to make the kill possible.

Deleted

Re: Wolrd first A Tribute to Mad Skill (25) by Paragon - EU

Belfs, so...many...Belfs :<

grz though =)

Quote Originally Posted by xenophics
    On a side note, tanking this encounter is totally screwed. We benched our Ulduar 25-man geared Death Knight maintank and picked up an Ulduar 10-man geared alt Warrior to make the kill possible.
    I am a DK tank, is there some reason as to why the warrior tank was better, I'm interested in knowing why a 10 man tank was better than the 25 man.

I'm not an endgame raider so I don't know for sure. I've never done ToC10 nor 25 either, but whenever I see Recount pic's from these raids (or well mostly Anub'arak since he's the one getting screenshots) Rogues are on top, by rather far too. Is there a gimmick in this fight that favors Rogues over other classes?

In the movies I've seen adds when he burrows or some like that, and I know a Rogue's FoK can hit pretty hard (or could). Is that the reason? Or are Rogues simply the go-to for end-game DPS?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    I'd ride for the sole fact that its a huge cock. It'd be hilarious.

hey we can't help it your dk tank sucks...lol j/p...gratz on the achievment and kill

you know and i like that you guys make bids on gear. haven't really seen that as the go-to way to distribute gear but it pays for the raids i guess lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gahouf!
    In the movies I've seen adds when he burrows or some like that, and I know a Rogue's FoK can hit pretty hard (or could). Is that the reason? Or are Rogues simply the go-to for end-game DPS?
    Yep, thats the reason

Doing Photoshop requests.

don't know anything about the fight but that's impressive dps even from the lower guys but just wondering why is the gap from lowest dps(6.6k) to the highest(11.7k) is so huge? lol of course probably some things in this fight that makes it harder for a class to dps but it just looks weird to me...impressive nevertheless....also sejta ripping shit up tanking...haha 3.3k dps not bad for a tank, he would make a lot of dps in regular guilds feel retarded

10+ Year Old Account

congrats to Paragon, keep it up

"Stop," said a loud booming voice. And Rhonin turned around to see it was Bolvar Fordragon, but he was all burned up and shit. He took the helm from Tirion. "I can take no comfort anymore, in the world of the living, for Arthas has burned my genitals off. I shall bear the burden. I shall be the jailer of the damned." - Legendary Knaak Thread

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by cchsballa06
    don't know anything about the fight but that's impressive dps even from the lower guys but just wondering why is the gap from lowest dps(6.6k) to the highest(11.7k) is so huge? lol of course probably some things in this fight that makes it harder for a class to dps but it just looks weird to me...impressive nevertheless....also sejta ripping shit up tanking...haha 3.3k dps not bad for a tank, he would make a lot of dps in regular guilds feel retarded
    LOWEST dps is of course a shaman (6.5k).... who would have thought THAT? -.-"
    Some classes are way above others, because there is quite some AE involved... and there are classes who suck at AE and there are rogues.

So, from the point of an elemental shaman... screw you Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by DaDimi
    LOWEST dps is of course a shaman (6.5k).... who would have thought THAT? -.-"
    Some classes are way above others, because there is quite some AE involved... and there are classes who suck at AE and there are rogues.

So, from the point of an elemental shaman... screw you Blizz.
    hey but blizz will tell you they are happy where alll the classes are right now in dps...even though if you look at all the top guilds dps charts...rogues are pretty much always on top...which isn't a horrible thing...but because a lot of the fights are ae then I don't personally think it should be rogues on top...it's giving them too much coverage on dps...they are best ae and best single target...

and like you said shamans are almost always at the bottom...maybe they should be at the bottom but not down by 5k dps maybe? lmao...and the freaking hunters at the bottom of the charts lately is just killing me?...what's up with that

If I took a guess, warriors "Snap" agro would be pretty good for a fight like this (even though we suck at sustained aoe threat) Also being able to Vigilance the rogues makes it easier to hold agro. I don't think it's a survival issue if they benched the DK. I could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Captaincrab
    I don't think it's a survival issue if they benched the DK. I could be wrong though.
    It's the only reason we bench the DK.

Quote Originally Posted by zYN
    It's the only reason we bench the DK.
    I saw death grips flying around on the Stars video. Are you sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Captaincrab
    I don't think it's a survival issue if they benched the DK. I could be wrong though.
    Block

I would have to assume that a warrior tank would get a priority in raid for Shockwave (Adds in P3 come in groups of 4 like the other phases and have an ability that if it gets casted, the add jumps to the person it's casting it on and hits them for 45k) So at the end of the fight, you will prob have around 10-15 adds up as to why you would want shockwave

Make sense?

lol no, adds have to die before the next wave, if a single tank has more than 4 he will die even with full cd's up. warrior>dk for add tanking simply because of block.

Quote Originally Posted by wageaoe
    WTB Arthas hard mode being one shot in the first week so we causal can enjoy the video then go make love.
    how would that work?

"Bend over bitch I just killed arthas!"
    "Who the hell is arthas?!?!"
    "Takes too long to explain, give me 2 mins and I'll be done here"
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

Quote Originally Posted by wageaoe
    GratS

Ensidia killed it with 37 attempts left.

The whole thing just shows Blizzard epic failed to design something HARD for top guilds.

WTB Arthas hard mode being one shot in the first week so we causal can enjoy the video then go make love.
    Just to be awkward...no one killed it first week so it wasn't THAT bad. Also blizzard don't care about the best guilds, why should they? Does a business pitch to 0.001% of its customers? Nope, more free loot plox.

I play in a 10 man guild...the place was clear after two nights (7 hours) and we spend an hour and a half of that on normal mode but you don't hear me whining like a crybaby just because Blizzard cares for the rest of their customers...
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'