View Poll Results: would you accept 20% less healing done by FOL & holy light for A small snare, interrupt & sm

Voters
122. This poll is closed
  • yes

50 40.98%
  • no

47 38.52%
  • could use some work

25 20.49%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

retribution, its flaws & its strengths

First off I'm going to start by saying if you have nothing constructive to say don't bother trolling you only make your self look like a jackass.

Now onto the topic. We all know ret has it's flaws & strengths. Flaws being no snare, no way to pressure a healer & no way to interrupt a caster. Strengths being moderate burst & dps and the ability to backup heal, perhaps to well because it's widely known that a ret paladin in holy gear can heal almost as well as if not better than a holy paladin.

As for the question, would you except it if blizz decided to reduce the base amount healed by flash of light & holy light by 20-25% while not holy spec in exchange for giving retribution a small snare effect on judgment of justice (say 20-25%), a 2 second interrupt on exorcism, and a new attack that shared a cool down with crusader strike but did less damage while applying a small 5% healing debuff that stacked 4-5 times.

I can't see this effecting pve to adversely because ret is not supposed to fill the role of a main healer & it will keep gimmick specs like prot/holy from popping up again.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: retribution, its flaws & its strengths

If your not a paladin player please don't bother voting, you just screw up the process.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Healing as a ret is completely futile anyway, unless its a AoW FoL, while you are buffed with SS and in that case its not exactly like your drastically altering the ammount healed for.

In short - yes.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Yes, god yes give us an interuptt. only thing i want becuase its annoying to stay on a healer forever until help comes or i have my partner with me or when you see that caster casting a LOLUDIENOA button and you cant do anything about it

Personally, I want more defensive power (better heals, larger mana pool, etc), rather than offensive utility. If I wanted snare, MS, and interrupt, I would have rolled warrior. That is not to say we could use at least one of those, but I think all of that with all our other spells may be overkill.

would need to give up more then that for all that.
    also blizzard prob won't be looking at healing to nerf if they gave you all that shit

Quote Originally Posted by emperata
    Personally, I want more defensive power (better heals, larger mana pool, etc), rather than offensive utility. If I wanted snare, MS, and interrupt, I would have rolled warrior.
    If you want heals, why don´t you roll a healer?

A dps spec, even from a hybrid, should be rembered for it´s damage
    I don´t play wow
    Wow plays me

Personally, I want more defensive power (better heals, larger mana pool, etc), rather than offensive utility. If I wanted snare, MS, and interrupt, I would have rolled warrior. That is not to say we could use at least one of those, but I think all of that with all our other spells may be overkill.
    okay you want that? theres a thing called the holy tree. go play it!

Personally, I want more defensive power (better heals, larger mana pool, etc),
    More def really ? really ?

sorry but this doesnt make sense, reduce healing for a snare, what would it be a talent that says you get this but we take this. As someone who plays holy and ret the only way to do this is to reduce overall healing. That isn't fair for the others now is it
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

Quote Originally Posted by zcks
    First off I'm going to start by saying if you have nothing constructive to say don't bother trolling you only make your self look like a jackass.

Now onto the topic. We all know ret has it's flaws & strengths. Flaws being no snare, no way to pressure a healer & no way to interrupt a caster. Strengths being moderate burst & dps and the ability to backup heal, perhaps to well because it's widely known that a ret paladin in holy gear can heal almost as well as if not better than a holy paladin.

As for the question, would you except it if blizz decided to reduce the base amount healed by flash of light & holy light by 20-25% while not holy spec in exchange for giving retribution a small snare effect on judgment of justice (say 20-25%), a 2 second interrupt on exorcism, and a new attack that shared a cool down with crusader strike but did less damage while applying a small 5% healing debuff that stacked 4-5 times.

I can't see this effecting pve to adversely because ret is not supposed to fill the role of a main healer & it will keep gimmick specs like prot/holy from popping up again.
    Ok registered just to respond to this, first of all I have a ret pally in addition to my warrior resto druid and warlock. What exactly would you call high burst dps if rets are "moderate" maybe warlocks that are the most squishy class atm that have to setup with 1 cast and then another to do burst, in which time you can cleanse their immolate and laugh at their 3k incinirate crit. Oh yeah assface, you also forgot to mention cleansing and blessing of freedom, which is fucking huge you get to dispel ccs/ALL STUNS and snares off others in your strengts you know how fun it is playin druid/rogue/warrior as a warrior now vs 70% rpms? not fun. You also have fucking bubble and bop which makes you usually a bad target to focus and you can Iwin save someone on your team vs cleave once a match. You also have sacred shield which when specced is really fucking good to put on the squishiest person on your team. You also have a moderate cc (better than warriors,rogues,arguably shaman, ferals (might change next patch)) , you might realize that if you werent using both in the first 10 seconds of a match while tunneling a target. One thing that could get added to rets is a 20-50% ms to exorcism if you catch someone midcast, so it actually requires fucking thinking and is jukable (NO STACKING WITH OTHER SHIT OF COURSE). Can you honestly say you would trade that with a rogue who has an interrupt, some disable power, snare and MS, and opener CC.
    Signature deleted due to it violating the rules. Please read the signature rules for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by INVASMANIXOXOXO
    Ok registered just to respond to this, first of all I have a ret pally in addition to my warrior resto druid and warlock. What exactly would you call high burst dps if rets are "moderate" maybe warlocks that are the most squishy class atm that have to setup with 1 cast and then another to do burst, in which time you can cleanse their immolate and laugh at their 3k incinirate crit. Oh yeah assface, you also forgot to mention cleansing and blessing of freedom, which is fucking huge you get to dispel ccs/ALL STUNS and snares off others in your strengts you know how fun it is playin druid/rogue/warrior as a warrior now vs 70% rpms? not fun. You also have fucking bubble and bop which makes you usually a bad target to focus and you can Iwin save someone on your team vs cleave once a match. You also have sacred shield which when specced is really fucking good to put on the squishiest person on your team. You also have a moderate cc (better than warriors,rogues,arguably shaman, ferals (might change next patch)) , you might realize that if you werent using both in the first 10 seconds of a match while tunneling a target. One thing that could get added to rets is a 20-50% ms to exorcism if you catch someone midcast, so it actually requires fucking thinking and is jukable (NO STACKING WITH OTHER SHIT OF COURSE). Can you honestly say you would trade that with a rogue who has an interrupt, some disable power, snare and MS, and opener CC.
    Wall of Text Crits me for over 9000!

Seriously is this a troll or what?

all i heard was QQ bubble op QQ even though i can dispel bubble.

Fyi once bubble is down we can be zerged and also Sacred Shield is shit in brackets except 2's if your zerged.
    and bro you must be butthurt cause theres alot of swearing in there. Just becuase you cant win against Ret pallies in your cleave team doesnt mean you have to come in here like a madman screaming and swearing like a butthurt fool.

Yes I can honestly say I would give up sacred shield, blessing of freedom and bubbles for an interupt, good cc that doesnt break in 6 secs , a 70% snare, ms and a gap closer, hell they could have replenishment and flash of light as well if they would trade.

but that will never happen so your whole point is lost... An interupt and a gap closer would change up the ret pally game. and pretty much make us a wreaking ball, we wouldn't need no pussy ass ms.

Is this the toolshed?

Quote Originally Posted by zcks
    If your not a paladin player please don't bother voting, you just screw up the process.
    "Every other class, who has an opinion from getting raped by retribution paladins due to their OPness please don't vote or else I won't feel like this topic did exactly what I thought it would, which is fail with a bunch of other failures who rolled paladins who need another button to help kill things because if they don't get an interrupt it is just the end of the fucking world".

Observation 1: You would faceroll any class within your clutches (even more so) as they would be stuck in place getting 6k crits on them every 2 seconds.

Observation 2: You want to give up 1/4th of your healing "NOT IN HOLY" for a snare/interrupt...so basically you want to take something you don't use an awfully lot...and exchange it (although not fully) for another NEW ability to which you can keybind to 1 and spam to your hearts content. NTY.

Please be content with your current facerolling abilities, I thought back in TBC that the paladin buff would end the stupid paladin QQ...but here we go again. Please quote me, I enjoy reading your pathetic responses as to why 25% less healing done somehow justifies you getting a fucking snare which would just furthermore allow you to rape shit.

Edit: I thought you put 25% less healing, but it's only 20% for an interrupt snare healing debuff? Please please please, never come up with an idea for your own class ever again...please.

Here's my rebuttal:

Retribution paladins can spec in to a snare/interrupt (no healing debuffs) that lasts 2.5 seconds however if you use it while another player is casting it silences them for 3 seconds (along with the snare).

BUT, retribution paladin single target dps would have to be nerfed 10% and you would lose 3 talent points for this (thus, you would have to spec 1 point for the interrupt..first rank is 1 second snare, second is 1 second snare, 2 second silence if used correctly, final rank 2.5 second snare/3 second silence).

Also, this ability would share a cooldown with HoJ......

Doesn't sound to appealing does it? Or maybe it does...

L2P or GTFO
    - Gear isn't free, earn it
    - I also have opinions regarding this game, you're not special
    - LFG Heroics.

Nerfing ret healing wont fix burst

God...it doesn't end...

Yes, I'm a Ret Pally. Yes, threads like these are starting to piss me off to no end...
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

Quote Originally Posted by Aniria22
    Yes, god yes give us an interuptt. only thing i want becuase its annoying to stay on a healer forever until help comes or i have my partner with me or when you see that caster casting a LOLUDIENOA button and you cant do anything about it

Funny,that's exactly how i feel when i get HoJ'd by a ret pally and shortafter get gibbed while he's spamming 1 or 2 buttons at most,i have a strong hate for all you pvp rets who actually ask for more ,while having proc~ self heals,normal heals which are all a lot better than what a shaman or druid would heal for in dps gear/spec,plate armor ,good utility,probably the best buffs in the game,and one trainable(bubblelol) spell that leaves you and your partners with so much room for error vs other comps or classes its ridiculous.
    While having all that,rets are also the class that requires the least amount of skill out of all the classes in the game.
    I'm pretty sick of getting facerolled by bad rets in bg's,arenas and pretty much any pvp enviroment..all you deserve in this game are more nerfs to your burst and class overall.
    As to the healer and caster argument , 1: no class should ever kill a good and geared healer 1v1 2:every single melee class gets kited vs good mages and hunters..winning the fight is all about using cd's at the right moment and doying less mistakes then he does.

You also have a moderate cc (better than warriors,rogues)
    I stopped reading right there.

I have better CC than a rogue?

Erm, mind telling me what CC outside of a 1 minute cooldown i have in my spellbook please. Seriously, i never knew i had better CC than 20 second CD stun, Gouge, 70% snare along with an 8 second blind. Not to mention stealthed abilities such as sap, cheap shot etc.

There's no point in this guy writing back, comparing our 2 one minute CD CC that lasts for less than 6 seconds and he says its better CC than the class that probably has the most control in any 1v1/arena match....(aka CC).

Just wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by Alienganja
    "Every other class, who has an opinion from getting raped by retribution paladins due to their OPness please don't vote or else I won't feel like this topic did exactly what I thought it would, which is fail with a bunch of other failures who rolled paladins who need another button to help kill things because if they don't get an interrupt it is just the end of the fucking world".

Observation 1: You would faceroll any class within your clutches (even more so) as they would be stuck in place getting 6k crits on them every 2 seconds.

Observation 2: You want to give up 1/4th of your healing "NOT IN HOLY" for a snare/interrupt...so basically you want to take something you don't use an awfully lot...and exchange it (although not fully) for another NEW ability to which you can keybind to 1 and spam to your hearts content. NTY.

Please be content with your current facerolling abilities, I thought back in TBC that the paladin buff would end the stupid paladin QQ...but here we go again. Please quote me, I enjoy reading your pathetic responses as to why 25% less healing done somehow justifies you getting a fucking snare which would just furthermore allow you to rape shit.

Edit: I thought you put 25% less healing, but it's only 20% for an interrupt snare healing debuff? Please please please, never come up with an idea for your own class ever again...please.

sorry let me introduce myself... my name is rusty... rusty shackleford and I don't approve of your message

Ret pallys are...not...op right now. we really just aren't. adding a gap closer or snare would not be game breaking for the ret pally class, or giving us a interupt. one or the other... all 3 would be game breaking but giving ret pallys a fucking bone wouldn't be.

If you die 1 on 1 to a ret pally the pally deserved to win. only class we have a advantage on is a rogue and even then a good rogue is going to win.

and thats if you are looking at 1v1 which the game (as blizzard keeps saying) isn't based on.

in group pvp half the time ret pallys are liabilities unless we run around in pve gear blowing shit up and I mean that (I blow shit up in pve gear, and in 3s when im in partial pve gear running a cleave team I blow things up, not quite as mush as my dk partner but damn it I try)

Ret pallys are okay, we are a bit weak but we will make it, and I thank my lucky stripes every day im not a enhancement shammy.