Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

How much Int/Mana is too much?

Here's My Armory

In case I log out in my other spec or gear here are my stats unbuffed/raid (buffed, fed, Int Flasked):
    Int (Mana): 1693 (29759)/2076 (35509)
    SP: 2406/2800
    Holy Crit: 31.67%/38.97%
    Haste (%): 523 (15.95%)/(44.21%)
    Mp5 (In combat): 282 (196)/393 (306)

Edit: Discovered Nightmare tears so all my stats went up a bit, about another 200 mana unbuffed.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been thinking that maybe the HPally Int bandwagon has a getting off point.
    I could switch around my gems/enchants for over 300 SP or more Crit or Haste, or hell, even more Mp5.
    I also could change my meta gem around for another 300 mana but 5 less SP raid buffed, or 250 more mana and 28 more SP raid buffed.
    Currently I'm able to stay above 50% mana while almost full spamming HL if I use my CD's correctly.

Is there a point where having all this mana is redundant? or does Int's contribution to Crit and SP mean there is no cap to how high you could stack it?

Thoughts?
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Re: How much Int/Mana is too much?

Our stats are almost the same, and I can go OOM at ToC 25-man hard-modes. I know it can look like show-off, but there isn't a cap for int. There will be no point that int won't scale with kings and talents anymore, nor it will stop giving spellpower, critical and mp5.

It's normal to think "Damn, I saw a paladin and he had 3000 unbuffed spell power, his heals must be crazy high", but his mana was so low that I don't think he can afford to cast lots of holy lights.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

There's no such thing as too much int. Check my sig :P
    the way I look at it:

I like to have enough mana to do w/e I want/need in a raid. If I need to spam HL, I can do it for a certain amount of time (probably a lot longer than someone with 22k mana unbuffed).
    Now if you like to get carried and let the other healers do your job while you go on vent "omg that flash just crit for 10k" and your tank still dies since that 1800 - 2000 HPS HoT didn't "keep him up" it's really up to you :P

note: Example stated above is based on a paladin with 3k SP unbuffed, raid bufed going up to ~3500, 4set T9 and a flash libram.

until you get to the point where you can spam HL for 10 minutes without stopping or slowing down you can still benifit more from int than any other stat.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Back in T7 content I was joking that by the time Icecrown rolled around, there was a good chance I would have 40k mana in raids. However, as I am getting gear from regular ToC (have yet to attempt heroic cause attendance has been low because of school starting but I digress) that 40k mana is looking to be a real possibility. Right now my stats unbuffed are as follows: Int - 1687, sp/healing - 2409, holy crit 37%, haste - 692 (27.4%), and mp5 - 241 while not casting and 156 while casting. I am running with the 51/5/15 spec since I noticed I was using more FoL as the tanks started taking less damage in Ulduar and didn't need the constant HL spam to stay up, ToC is another story but I am able to keep the tanks up just fine so I don't feel the need to respec back to the 51/0/20 spec. Also, my FoL generally hit for 5k with 10k crits, HS hits for 6.5k with 13k crits and my HL hits for 12.5k and 22k crits, but have seen crits starting to hit 30k+.

So it is my opinion that our gear has enough spellpower, crit, haste and mp5 on it that we can gem for int to our heart's content. I also do not think there is any "glass ceiling" on our int and by the time we are geared out in Icecrown gear, 40k mana unbuffed could be a real possibility.

I'd agree with the others here in saying that going all int is pretty much the way to go, and you likely won't have too much of it.

The only thing I would possible suggest over gemming full int is gemming enough haste to get to the 620 soft cap before buffs (JotP specifically).
    That will get your FoLs and GCD down to 1sec. IMO, that will get you to the top of the healing meters in a better way than pure SP will. (Not that meters are the most important thing when it comes to healing.)

You could potentially put in about 5 20 haste gems to reach the 620 mark then I would do straight int after that.

But really, the haste isn't absolutely necessary and you may not notice any difference at all.

I've had good luck with stacking INT as a resto sham.

30k mana unbuffed and just a hair over 40k raid buffed. I'm going to change out my meta for the 2% int and see how much more i can push out.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Dentarg&n=Inux

Quote Originally Posted by onuxis
    I'm going to change out my meta for the 2% int and see how much more i can push out.
    bad move. First off, you'd have to change out a bunch of intellect gems to meet the outlandish meta requirement. Secondly, the 2%int gem doesn't even come close to matching the mana regen of the other.

Quote Originally Posted by onuxis
    I've had good luck with stacking INT as a resto sham.

30k mana unbuffed and just a hair over 40k raid buffed. I'm going to change out my meta for the 2% int and see how much more i can push out.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Dentarg&n=Inux

Regardless of how much better you could be with other gems...that is sick!

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopzz
    bad move. First off, you'd have to change out a bunch of intellect gems to meet the outlandish meta requirement. Secondly, the 2%int gem doesn't even come close to matching the mana regen of the other.
    Well the 2% int gem scales, the other meta doesn't really. There is a point where the 2% intellect meta gets to be better. It don't know what that point is, and it's probably not attainable with the current gear available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    The fact remains that you FUCKING FAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by gobtol
    Well the 2% int gem scales, the other meta doesn't really. There is a point where the 2% intellect meta gets to be better. It don't know what that point is, and it's probably not attainable with the current gear available.
    Yes, it scales, but as you already said, it won't be better any time during this expansion.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Actually the +2% int starts giving out more int at 1050 total int.

I have 1693 int unbuffed, so without the 21 int from Insightful Earthseige that's 1672. 2% of that is 33.44int, so that will give me more. However, I would have to check to see how much it balances with the difference in meta requirements and chances are, the mana regen from Insightful still makes it the best meta.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch