Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Dance Studio Mini Preview, Comics

Dance Studio Mini Preview
    Every now and then, people mail me to ask if there is any information on the Dance Studio promised in the early days of Wrath of the Lich King and the answer is simple: no. Of course it doesn't mean that I can't dig through the files to see if there is anything interesting here.

Reminder - This information isn't official.

Dance Moves
    A few dance moves were added to the game files a few months ago and have been here since then.

According to this file, players should be able to customize their dance with a few options :

• Race / Gender specific moves - in this case we can see 10 variations for the Blood Elf Female's dance.
    • Special Effects - The "ALL - FX - Frost Nova" effect is called "Icy Finale", we can assume that players will be able to include shiny visual effects to their dances.
    • Modifiers - A few options like "Hold for four seconds" or "Repeat for ten seconds" are here
    • Emotes - Apparently you will have the option to include some of the in-game emotes to your dance.

By digging a little more in the game files, we can also find a few command / error messages related to the dance studio.

• ERR_DANCE_CREATE_DUPLICATE
    • ERR_DANCE_SAVE_FAILED
    • ERR_DANCE_DELETE_FAILED
    • PlayDance
    • WARNING! Cannot start a new dance while one is in progress
    • Unknown dance move (ID: %u)!
    • Dance Loaded:
    • Dance no longer exists
    • You haven't created a dance with that name
    • Usage: PlayDance("dance name")
    • dancecache.wdb
    • ERROR! danceMovesDB does not have record id %d
    • DBFilesClient\DanceMoves.dbc

Again, keep in mind that this isn't official for the moment but if I had to draw conclusions based on what we have in the game files, I'd say that the Dance Studio will let players create custom dances by combining different moves, effects, and modifiers. Once they are happy with their dance, it looks like they will be able to name it and share it with other players (it would explain the dancecache.wdb to store them clientside). The PlayDance("dance name") command most likely means that players will be able to save multiple dances on a character and pick one depending on their mood.

That's it, I know it's not much but I thought it might be interesting to share what I already know about this even if some of this info could already be outdated. Blizzard doesn't update these files regularly and we will only know how it works when we see if on the official site or the test server.

Comics
    Dark Legacy Comic #206 and Teh Gladiators #92 are out.

Re: Dance Studio Mini Preview, Comics

Finally we get it(Hopefully)! ^^

great news!

And yet again DLC pwns!
    According to blizzard:

Paladins : Lovedolls

Priests : Swineflu

Seems neat!

Deleted

Time for the Piccolo to run riot in the AH again woohoo!

Deleted

It's time for Kael'Thas to start the preliminaries for his Dance-Off contest!

Deleted

Yay, that is good news!

Quote Originally Posted by Exidius
    And yet again DLC pwns!
    DLC is always win

I'm glad blizz has time to work on animating custom dances while they feed us recycled loot art and super sized mobs for progression bosses. gg

Slow news day?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolmon
    I'm glad blizz has time to work on animating custom dances while they feed us recycled loot art and super sized mobs for progression bosses. gg
    Blizz has numerous teams working on numerous projects. Its not like they have 5 programmers and 5 graphics designers all working on the same thing. Think before you type. Its not hard.
    Timmy was a chemist's son, alas he is no more.
    For what he thought was H2O was H2SO4.

Deleted

Well, i dont wonder they did not implement it yet.. they have to find a way to avoid "naughty" dances.. and the censorship mod for "one hand between the legs and up and down" does not work very well..

Anyone else thinks that Teh Gladiators are not funny?
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

i think the spell effects in ur dance will be sweet
    hahaha. no.

Seems like I'm the only one who thinks this is probably the most useless thing added (or going to be added) to WoW, ever.
    On par with the frequently used voice chat system.

Dance studios, unique dances... I mean... really?

Blizz has numerous teams working on numerous projects.
    Yes, but dedicating a team to work on the dance studio obviously takes away resources from other stuff.

But I guess it's cooler to add "UNIQUE, CUSTOMIZED DANCES" to the Cataclysm box instead of "GUYS, WE FIXED THE VANISH BUG*"

* no, I'm not a rogue. Just tried to write a commonly known issue.

Hmm k, so there "are" new dances.

That dance studio thing was announced on an april fools day though, wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by chubbs27
    Blizz has numerous teams working on numerous projects. Its not like they have 5 programmers and 5 graphics designers all working on the same thing. Think before you type. Its not hard.
    Duh. But they are still manhours spent on flavor crap that could be spent on worthwhile things. I dont care if they have 300 people in their Modeling and Animation department, if 5 of them are working on dances and another 5 working on pets, that's 400 manhours a week spent on stupid crap.

Think before you type. Its not hard.

Quote Originally Posted by FireBorne
    Yes, Teh Gladiators is Teh Suck. Please stop posting them. It's like they try to ride on DLC's coat-tails, and failing.

Quote Originally Posted by FireBorne
    Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean others don't.
    It's a fairly slow storyline, but still interesting to read.

There "are" however dozens of other wow comics out there, which all deserve some front page time so and then, imo.

Cru the dwarf is awesome.
    And Beyond the tree should certainly be put in a visible location some time as well. It's very well made.

Duh. But they are still manhours spent on flavor crap that could be spent on worthwhile things. I dont care if they have 300 people in their Modeling and Animation department, if 5 of them are working on dances and another 5 working on pets, that's 400 manhours a week spent on stupid crap.
    Bit more than that even.
    http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/new...hp?story=25307

32 programmers, 51 art guys, 10 man on production, 37 on design,, etc etc.

DLC ftw again!

Please do us all a favour and just quit right now.

They have 32 programmers (for wow only).
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?