Thread: Good ret addon?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Good ret addon?

Just wondering what you guys thought of this?

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...lp-timing.aspx

I like it allot more than staring at my CD bars or just spamming all my buttons you know. But is anyone using this? are you seeing a dps loss if so?

Thoughts?

Re: Good ret addon?

tried it, i just prefer playing without it, not much added value imo.

you shouldn't be spamming all your buttons, you should always use the most damaging attack you have that is off CD, following priorities.

edit : priorities with standard gear, according to EJ :
    HoW > CS > Judgement > DS > Consecration > Exorcism > Holy Wrath
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

15+ Year Old Account

just remember the priority, change them on the situation.. if really need an addon then you arent really playing the class you should
    Quote Originally Posted by nucz0r
    just make castrandom macro :-*
    moron..
    disabled anyway

Quote Originally Posted by nucz0r
    just make castrandom macro :-*
    Was stealth nerfed for 3.2. No longer works.

As for the addon, I like it and have used it. Works well. You can set the prioroites of spell and it lets you know when its coming off CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulbender

you shouldn't be spamming all your buttons, you should always use the most damaging attack you have that is off CD, following priorities.

2pc t9 warrants different rotation than 4pc t8.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Soulbender

Exorcism does more dmg than both DS and CS singletarget tho?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Elamahpla
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly
    Its based on both 2pc T9 bonus being fixed and the amount of DPM (damage per minute), and not the damage per cooldown (DPCD).

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly
    DS/CS also proc seal damage too, which puts them ahead of Exorcism.

As for the addon, I have it on in the background, but you have to take it with a pinch of salt. Of course, letting you know which ability will be off cooldown first in the priority system is great, but you do need to use your brain too. You need to assess your situation, assess which short-term buffs you currently have running and whether AW is up, how many mobs there are around you etc etc.

Don't just mindless watch the addon and press the thing it tells you to. Of course, this is true with any addon.

And if you don't have a brain? Then obviously this is the perfect addon.

C
    x

Quote Originally Posted by ralphie
    true true
    Just believe... all cars have mind.

Source? I must have missed that.

Another reason exo sits so low on the priority list is that it operates off the spell hit table, meaning that misses are frequent. Misses are terribad for dps output

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Oarsman
    Just wondering what you guys thought of this?

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...lp-timing.aspx

I like it allot more than staring at my CD bars or just spamming all my buttons you know. But is anyone using this? are you seeing a dps loss if so?

Thoughts?
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ls/clcret.aspx - Better for rotations to maximize DPS and loading presets, It is smart enough to watch for Exo CD and AoW procs gives you nice aura buttons to monitor best time to pop cd's based on procs being active.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...lctracker.aspx - Very good for watching who has SS and the timer on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Smashfist
    Source? I must have missed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Elitist Jerks
    Addendum:

Equipping 2pc T9 is more than just a dps boost for us; it also has the side effect of altering our priority system (due to losing 4pc T8 + better RV's from judgements with T9). This new priority system is also usable (with a barely noticable effect, ~30 dps) at top-end Uld gear levels (ie full hardmode stuff) because of the amount of STR/crit that is on the gear.

If you have 2pc T9 equipped or have above 7000 AP / 45% crit raid buffed, your new clash resolution is: Judgement > HoW > CS > DS > Consecrate > Exorcism > Holy Wrath.

Remember that no matter what priority system you pick and use, we're still bound to FCFS. Roll dat face hard!
    C
    x

I really hope you posses the capacity to decide which ability to use next. The cool down countdown timer at the LEAST is all you need to help you dps as ret. It changes the cooldown to a number counting down instead of the shadow clock effect.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    I really hope you posses the capacity to decide which ability to use next. The cool down countdown timer at the LEAST is all you need to help you dps as ret. It changes the cooldown to a number counting down instead of the shadow clock effect.
    I.e. OmniCC

C
    x

Honestly, im addon freak, love to have bunch of them on screen.
    But thing is, paladin ret specc is so simple in dpsing in comparison to other classes that their isnt real need for buff/debuff tracking, cooldown timers or some rotation addon.
    Only real usefull thing is Omnicc for watching short cds on skills at action bar, sadly blizzard never work good enough on ret specc that you have some real strategy/tactics in pve/pvp.

I was curious about this addon so I dowloaded it myself( Saw it a few times on tankspot videos aswell); I Gotta say I like it. Simple, effective, customizable, doesn't look retarded. Waiting to try it out in a raid, and once I do that I'll decide wether or not its worth advising our newer generation of Ret Paladins to download it.

Btw, reguardless of how simple you think a rotation is, the simple fact is that any help offered should be taken. Be it tanking, healing, or dpsing; If you can do it more effecively, why shouldnt you?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

If you feel it helps you, you should go for it, and use it. If you feel you don't need it, then don't use it. It's here to help, and no one is forcing anyone to use it.
    No sentence can ever be compelte without a typo.

Quote Originally Posted by Vander Nars
    I use Serious help in timing addon that you linked and its alot of help, if your looking down at your bar to see what ability is on cd, this addon will help you get the most out your dps anyone that says otherwise is just being retarded.
    If you use SH!T and see a DPS increase, you are a buttonmashing moron who should learn to play his class instead of relying on a crutch. I tried using it and lost more than 10% of my DPS, because it doesn't account for things like intentional delay. (It's been theorycrafted out that at standard latency, waiting 0.2-0.3 seconds for a higher priority ability provides more DPS than hitting whatever happens to be up. Waiting longer wastes time, waiting less leads to delaying high-DPS abilities too often.)

There's an addon called clcret that does a few useful things like tracking RV and Vengeance stacks so you can ensure uptime, but other than that nothing can replace practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Malleus
    If you use SH!T and see a DPS increase, you are a buttonmashing moron who should learn to play his class instead of relying on a crutch. I tried using it and lost more than 10% of my DPS, because it doesn't account for things like intentional delay. (It's been theorycrafted out that at standard latency, waiting 0.2-0.3 seconds for a higher priority ability provides more DPS than hitting whatever happens to be up. Waiting longer wastes time, waiting less leads to delaying high-DPS abilities too often.)

There's an addon called clcret that does a few useful things like tracking RV and Vengeance stacks so you can ensure uptime, but other than that nothing can replace practice.
    I'll disagree with your assessment of the people using this addon because I have used it in the past. Prior to Exorcism requiring Art of War to be an instant cast, I used SHiT because it was part of the Jasje UI compilation (which I love). Just because the suggested icon is front and center, doesn't mean you have to use it. It is a suggestion and SHiT also shows what ability should be used next. Use your brain please.

When mobility/awareness are an integral part of a boss fight, SHiT helps a ton because you aren't staring at the tiny icons on your action bar. In situations like this, you will gain a significant amount of DPS just by knowing whats available and staying alive (think Firefighter and Algalon). When you are first learning a fight like Firefighter or Algalon, not staring at your buttons and seeing whats happening around you is a huge +.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD