Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New SoC Vs. Current SoR (In PvP)

I want to hear some opinions on the SoC changes vs SoR on the PTR, I havn't been able to get on it in between Raids/School/Work.

Are the changes really any good? Since the damage hasn't been increased, and neither has the judgment damage. (As far as I know). Thanks in Advance, I'm hoping to get on the PTR sometime this weekend if it's up.

- Sol

Do I give you Ret Dreams?
    "It's your $14.95 a month, but when you are in a raid, you are wasting our $358.80."

Re: New SoC Vs. Current SoR (In PvP)

Ret paladins that I've spoken to all say that SoR will still be better in PvP than SoC.
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbot
    CLEARLY this is blizzard ONCE AGAIN catering to casuals. Us hardcore have no problem with taking an extra 8 seconds to cast a basic camp fire. That's how it's been for years. This game just gets easier and easier, Blizzard may as well just hand out free camp fires all over the major cities at this point!

Thank you, sir. I'm excited to check it out, but with the imense difference in judement damage I was thinking SoR as well.

"It's your $14.95 a month, but when you are in a raid, you are wasting our $358.80."

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sol Garrosh
    Thank you, sir. I'm excited to check it out, but with the imense difference in judement damage I was thinking SoR as well.
    Expect to see Command only used in either Cleave teams or Imp SS/Imp HoJ defensive builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Expect to see Command only used in either Cleave teams or Imp SS/Imp HoJ defensive builds.
    Even that is iffy, most of the 0/19/52 rets i see still use SoR. I tried command for one night only for BGs, and it felt like i cut off my own arm. JoR is like the only reason i can kill a priest(oh and arcane torrent >.>)

10+ Year Old Account

Well from a pvp standpoint the change is complete crap, from a pve standpoint however it's great for trash (kind of weird since they wanted it to be the pvp seal).
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Have you tried both?

Seal of command will always be behind righteousness because Seal of command judges like a wet noodle.

When/if I get my computer running in time, I'll be running with SoC on a warrior team for the seal cleave, unless it just proves to be totally fruitless. Which sadly, will be the case most likely.
    Here's my user friendly signature...enjoy.

I could see it being decent in and against certain 5's comps... but beyond that no real use in PVP for SoC (i.e. no change from live).

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Terokkar&n=Greatrichie

I see it only useful in a 5s cleave team. Even on my 3s with a warrior and prot healadin I won't use it.

SoC in 5s with a cleave strat could be sick. I'm gonna try it out with a UA lock spreading dots, maybe some FoK spam. Could be just overwhelming for healers with a well placed cc or interupt. I would imagine that everything is gonna scatter when they see a ret rolling with SoC on him.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tortheldrin&cn=Ryevin

15+ Year Old Account

i imagine the new SoC like this :

/yell : ok guys all pack up
    /enemy yell : ok ;D!
    murder..

in practice it dont work like this.. if you are idiot enough to pack all at the same place, you deserve to die

The minute I get off work I am anxious to try 3s with soc. the cleave portion to it seems worth it. sure you won't be able to do quite as much front load burst. 5K crit + 1k seal hit on a righteousness judgment versus 3.5k seal of command judgment. but on a lucky swing I do about the same amount of burst with command criting etc on a swing.

the cleave to it can only make it better, especially against other cleave teams. if we lose because of my performance I will go back to seal of righteousness though

Why are people talking like they can't switch seals mid-game?

Pretty much, if we're nuking a target ill use SoR.

If i'm killing the pet, while my partners on the lock, ill use SoC.
    If he's bladestorming/they're all huddled together ill use SoC....

Otherwise its just SoR. Only takes 1.5sec GDD to change seals, not like we're going to do it that much to cause mana issues.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Palatinus
    Why are people talking like they can't switch seals mid-game?

Pretty much, if we're nuking a target ill use SoR.

If i'm killing the pet, while my partners on the lock, ill use SoC.
    If he's bladestorming/they're all huddled together ill use SoC....

Otherwise its just SoR. Only takes 1.5sec GDD to change seals, not like we're going to do it that much to cause mana issues.
    They still cost a significant amount of mana (around 500 or so)- Not to mention that if you are against a Priest or Holy Paladin, your regen takes a significant hit.

The seal swapping to kill pets and such makes sense, but on the otherhand, at least for my 3s comp (Survival Hunter, Retadin, Resto Sham) The burst we put out is so great that with a hex, wyvrn, Repent, HoJ, Scatter/shocks somthing always dies in the first 20 seconds. Guess I'll have to try it!

15+ Year Old Account

The AOE Damage is incredible compared to any seal I can remember but the damage done to the direct focus target is pretty poor which wouldn't do much good in any PVP situation I could imagine unless you happen to be able to convince the opposition to stand around directly on top of each other the entire time.

From a PVE perspective, I'm very excited to get to try this out in Ulduar on some fights. Averaged 9.5k dps on the group of 4 target dummies with might only over the course of about 3.5 million damage which is pretty impressive, almost to the point of expecting the nerf bat to creep up and club me in the back of the head over the next couple weeks.

But back to PVP. Arenas it won't be very good, but it could be really fun in some BG situations.

Edit: <3 Sol

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose
    But back to PVP. Arenas it won't be very good, but it could be really fun in some BG situations.
    Beat you to 7,000 achievement pts L:O

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    Beat you to 7,000 achievement pts L:O

:*( Time to go slay some turkeys!

Quote Originally Posted by Sol Garrosh
    The seal swapping to kill pets and such makes sense, but on the otherhand, at least for my 3s comp (Survival Hunter, Retadin, Resto Sham) The burst we put out is so great that with a hex, wyvrn, Repent, HoJ, Scatter/shocks somthing always dies in the first 20 seconds. Guess I'll have to try it!
    Yeah, but it breaks CC so its only ever going viable where you team has little to none 'break on damage' cc. For example cleave >.<. In my combo, repentance is pretty much the only thing that would break from it, and thats if i even use it...which i won't unless they all sit ontop of each or im on a pet that is on follow lolz