3.2.2 Dk tank will you be Frost?? Blood?? Unholy?? Unholy/Blood??

Post your spec...

I'd probably stay as Blood but since nerfs i might go Frost for the extra 2% wich now makes frost pressence 10% reduction

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...pvZu,prY,10433

Re: 3.2.2 Dk tank will you be Frost?? Blood?? Unholy?? Unholy/Blood??

i think i'll be keeping my blood tanking spec after the patch since i'm mt'ing.
    I'd love to give unholy a shot later though, since subversion now effects SS.

and as to the nerf to blood... u mean heart strike right? i don't think that will be an issue in my case. frost has always been better for aoe tanking meh, blood for single target.

0/0/0

I think it'll work.

Seriously though, I'm thinking of going back to unholy if SS is any good. Though I'll be keeping the Disease glyph as it makes life so much easier.

I'm going to keep what i'm at now, Blood for Mt stuff or stuff where ot gets hit as by a single target, GV hm attempts, and Frost for OT

this is just a test build and yes i know it might need alittle fixes here and thier but let me know wut u think

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...s,r8MO3e,10433

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezee
    5/5/5

I think it'll work.
    Fix'd

Am gonna try this one http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...pKPfOV1,,10433

Quote Originally Posted by lordkasner
    this is just a test build and yes i know it might need alittle fixes here and thier but let me know wut u think
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...s,r8MO3e,10433
    Too many wasted points in my opinion

I really really want to switch to unholy, but I just don't know how viable it is. Sure Bone shield's on a one minute cooldown now, but...so is everything else.

I really really really really want to switch to unholy

How does blight work for tanking now? Do unholy tanks even exist anymore to know the answers to so many questions that have built up since 99% of us abandoned unholy? I miss it

I dislike blood, I dislike the rotation, but all anyone judges a tank by now is their health pool, and blood wins out on that. I have 37k unbuffed as blood, yippy.

Frost is by far the best tanking spec when multi targets are involved.

0 threat issues
    Never stray mobs getting loose from a uber dps on the wrong target, etc

It's just superior.

Blood may be better single target, but I've never liked blood period.

Unholy pre 3.2 has never really been a valid tanking build vs the other two. Will that change? We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Burner

0 threat issues

It's just superior.

Unholy pre 3.2 has never really been a valid tanking build vs the other two. Will that change? We'll see.
    Unholy was the king until they made blood viable and nerfed unholy into the ground :/ There was a time when we on the forums scoffed at the notion of 'lolbloodtanks'. Ironic how things have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by MrNutty
    Unholy was the king until they made blood viable and nerfed unholy into the ground :/ There was a time when we on the forums scoffed at the notion of 'lolbloodtanks'. Ironic how things have changed.
    There was a lot of unholy talk before, but majority of the tanks we're Frost. You hardly ever ran into an odd ball unholy or blood tank. Pre Ulduar/3.1 it was Frost raiding, majority of unholy tanks just ran heroics.

There was a lot of unholy talk before, but majority of the tanks we're Frost. You hardly ever ran into an odd ball unholy or blood tank. Pre Ulduar/3.1 it was Frost raiding, majority of unholy tanks just ran heroics.
    No, Unholy was king, then Blood. Frost has always played second fiddle, viable but not preferred, to another spec. Well, except for the idiots who think frost is "the tank tree," but you don't get that much outside of pugs.

Hehehehehe

0 threat issues

It's just superior.

This.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

It's already been said but yes, when Naxx was the main thing everyone did, pre 3.1 when we were nerf batted into oblivion, top raid guilds used unholy DK's, the massive aoe threat that they used to have was ungodly in Naxx where everything's an aoe pull, and bone shield with proper avoidance was a considerable amount of mitigation.

What I'm thinking is that avoidance has only gotten higher in % since the day's when unholy was top. So...since unholy relies on avoidance, and we have only gotten higher %'s of that since...logically unholy will return to prominence? My concern is the weaker than previous aoe threat Unholy has. Blight is a single target ability now, though if done right you could use it like tankadins used seal of vengeance in TBC, get the dot on the target and then move to the next target, etc...

Are there really any answers to these things or are we all just going to have to find out ourselves tonight? :/

Quote Originally Posted by MrNutty
    It's already been said but yes, when Naxx was the main thing everyone did, pre 3.1 when we were nerf batted into oblivion, top raid guilds used unholy DK's, the massive aoe threat that they used to have was ungodly in Naxx where everything's an aoe pull, and bone shield with proper avoidance was a considerable amount of mitigation.

What I'm thinking is that avoidance has only gotten higher in % since the day's when unholy was top. So...since unholy relies on avoidance, and we have only gotten higher %'s of that since...logically unholy will return to prominence? My concern is the weaker than previous aoe threat Unholy has. Blight is a single target ability now, though if done right you could use it like tankadins used seal of vengeance in TBC, get the dot on the target and then move to the next target, etc...

Are there really any answers to these things or are we all just going to have to find out ourselves tonight? :/
    Bone shield is still too weak to bring unholy to the fore again. 20% mitigation just doesn't cut it, especially when unholy is kind of a one trick pony when it comes to tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by jai151
    Bone shield is still too weak to bring unholy to the fore again. 20% mitigation just doesn't cut it, especially when unholy is kind of a one trick pony when it comes to tanking.
    This is my concern, I'm figuring that 20% won't be enough either, given that we can get up to 65% physical damage reduction just from armor, 13-15% from frost presence depending on spec and 5% from blade barrier...

Actually going by those numbers frost-specced frost presence+blade barrier=bone shield

So bone shield in essence would be doubling the mitigation provided by passive abilities, but..that's it.

Maybe VB is just too good to go without :/

il porbaly give blood a go,specced it yesterday seems pretty good. reasons: will of nercoposis,extra hp and last stand cd