Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: New Onyxia Difficulty

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    I would think her difficulty would be on par with the difficulty of KT when Naxx was released. One of the main reasons Naxx was so easy for everyone, was becasue the majority of people had had experience in the previous Naxx. I anticipate Onyxia to be similiar. Many people have done this instance before, but its just been buffed a bit. It will be fairly simple to do, and pugable by the time servers are stable.

Good times.
    LOL, no the majority of people did not have experience in the previous naxx. The old naxx came out right before BC and only the top guilds per server were doing it. Very few, percentage wise, of the wow population got to experience old Naxx.
    Winner takes my car clean and clear. But if I lose, I take the cash and I take the respect!

Ony is officially the easiest raid boss in Wotlk

Sarth was a lot harder

Hell flame leviathan was harder than the new Ony is

Bringin ony back in the game is awesome!
    I remember doing ony in yhe good ol' days :P
    Trollbane EU, Argent Dawn EU & Bladefist EU

pugged 10 man at lunch today. Suppa ez.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Vexyn
    Its not really considered a progression raid, more of a novelty since its part of the WoW anniversary. Think of the items you get just a bonus, now all the bads will be able to upgrade the stuff they got from H-TOC. Now instead of seeing retards running around in 2 piece 8.5 (Helm and Chest only) with weapons like Peacekeeper blade, Spectral Kris...etc, you will see them running around in a remodeled tier 2 helm with a weapon from this encounter boasting how good they are at the game and claiming they can do 5k+ dps cuz thats how much WWS said they did on Thaddius.
    Show me some bads that actually use WWS

Heard it was really easy. No change from the usual WOTLK mentality.

One of the main reasons Naxx was so easy for everyone, was becasue the majority of people had had experience in the previous Naxx.
    You are so wrong here... never saw original Naxx and it was so easy, it seemed like a parody of raiding. Ofcourse I can only blame myself for playing with good players... I guess if you want challenges in WOTLK go and abandon your intelligent friends to find bad players...

How easy is this exactly? Like Uld 10 easy or easy enough for my PvP geared DK to get in?

Quote Originally Posted by Melynx
    How easy is this exactly? Like Uld 10 easy or easy enough for my PvP geared DK to get in?
    Based on this thread and others, its easier than Uld 10. More like Sarth +0 easy.

But like anything, if you don't know what you are doing, easily wipable.

No no no, not what they saw on WWS, what they saw on someone else's Recount that they can't bother to install but still ask for after every fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtvIYRrgZ04 <- that's how hard Onyxia is. Follow this guide and it's a oneshot

Quote Originally Posted by Omen321
    i have to agree sarth +0 i think it is just for fun is the way i see it .. you can get a few 245's oh man dats kewl you can raid ToC now ! wait you didnt need good gear to raid it in the first play .. NVM!
    i had a good laugh when i saw something in my realmforum.

My former guild, who had tricked me with false promises when i transfered servers, have right now cleared ToC10 and ToC25.

Funny thing is, they still don't have Uld clear. in 10man they're not able to kill Yogg, in 25man they fail against both Yogg and Vezax...

Somehow says a lot about ToC's difficulty. O-o

They learned nothing from naxxramas.

They say they bring onyxia as a present for the old raiders. Well making it so easy thats pugable is not a present its a spit in the face for every one that has been raiding back in the day.

Its kinda sad that they tune content only based on what the comunity can do now a days instead of making stuff chalenging and fun like they used to

Because Blizz want to celebrate n stuff they should make her 40 man raid... Deep breath with 40 man arent as easy as it sounds. = 20 ppl is gonna afk dead and get loot the other 20 loves the good old Ony and is there to dot her again.
    Everyone thinks their world is falling.. If they had a solid sense of perspective, they probably wouldn't be gamers.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by veemon_ro
    They say they bring onyxia as a present for the old raiders. Well making it so easy thats pugable is not a present its a spit in the face for every one that has been raiding back in the day.
    I don't recall anything like that being said. Blizzard announced the Onyxia encounter being updated as a 5th Anniversary celebration, as they want many new players to be able to experience what Onyxia's Lair is like.

They've done just that, it was ALWAYS going to be pugable, that was the WHOLE POINT!

Quote Originally Posted by det
    So..lemme see...I am an old school raider...and if I understand you right, the new Onyxia should have a 5 man attunement chain, corpseruns through the entire map of DWM (Horde) and 4 weeks of wipes before you are even close to your first kill. The loot should be so random, that it takes 10 weeks before the first warlock head token drops?

THAT my friend are my memories of Onyxia...and I don't need them refreshed or honored....
    So if I say the water in a tub is icy cold you think I want it boiling hot?

Of course the atunment shouldn't be there. But how do you go from a boos that you whipe 4 weeks to a PUGABLE boss.
    It should _AT LEAST_ give you 2 days of whipes. Afterall since when does WHIPING on a PROGRESS BOSS became such a huge ordeal?!

So if I say the water in a tub is icy cold you think I want it boiling hot?

Of course the atunment shouldn't be there. But how do you go from a boos that you whipe 4 weeks to a PUGABLE boss.
    It should _AT LEAST_ give you 2 days of whipes. Afterall since when does WHIPING on a PROGRESS BOSS became such a huge ordeal?!
    The gear isn't good enough to warrant making her a "progress boss."

Hahahha gear? You mean the fact that ulduar gear is worse then toc gear? Yet ulduar is harder then toc?!

Its kinda sad that they tune content only based on what the comunity can do now a days instead of making stuff chalenging and fun like they used to
    I think the one who didn't learn from Naxx here was you. Naxx was brought back so people could see it, given how few people from the original game saw classic Naxx. This wasn't brought back so that Ony could be progression -- she was brought back so people could see the original fight in a meaningful way (instead of 2-3 manning on their 80s).

Spit in the eye? I'm so tired of the elitists complaining about anyone else being able to play their game ... come on, seriously. Blizzard is going to pander to the majority of its customers, not the top few. Take solace in the fact that 'scrubs' like me will never see a legendary (outside of farming for Thunderfury from MC, so relevant), while you will. Aside from which, a single ony drop invalidates you for the ToC hard-mode achieve if anyone in the raid has a single piece equipped (same with any IC or later drops). The hardcore's reward is seeing it/getting it first. Deal with it, and if you can't, this is obviously not the game for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Separate
    Maybe I can see if Exodus or Paragon have a strat on how to make girls clothes just fall off, exploiting of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by wulfen13
    There are exploits for that, but you get a long time in prison for them...

I think the one who didn't learn from Naxx here was you. Naxx was brought back so people could see it, given how few people from the original game saw classic Naxx.
    They should of made a movie of it then giving how no matter what buttons i would press bosses would of still went down.
    I dont pay this game to have a museum i want content.
    And if you enjoyed SIX agonising months of a craptastic instance then I can tell you a hell lot of people didn't.
    If you don't bealive me make a new topic with a poll, see how many people consider nax 80 a GOOD instamce.

This wasn't brought back so that Ony could be progression -- she was brought back so people could see the original fight in a meaningful way (instead of 2-3 manning on their 80s).
    Acording to the devs it was brought back as a presant for the old raiders. What they brought back isn't onyxia. Its some crap boss that gives epics.

Spit in the eye? I'm so tired of the elitists complaining about anyone else being able to play their game ... come on, seriously. Blizzard is going to pander to the majority of its customers, not the top few.
    Are you telling me the majority of its costumers are unable to whipe for 2 nights? And since when do you design content based on how stupid your player base is?
    They should design content based on "if its fun" and "if its chalenging" not based on what "the average joe" can do.

Take solace in the fact that 'scrubs' like me will never see a legendary (outside of farming for Thunderfury from MC, so relevant), while you will.
    I don't care what "scrubs" like you can do. But i'm sick and tired of pugable bosses. Whats the point in having a guild when you can achieve pretty much the same inside a pug.

Aside from which, a single ony drop invalidates you for the ToC hard-mode achieve if anyone in the raid has a single piece equipped (same with any IC or later drops). The hardcore's reward is seeing it/getting it first. Deal with it, and if you can't, this is obviously not the game for you.
    Obviously not. Its a kids game now. Have fun playing hello kitty island adventures. I'm going to look for some games that actually require some minor skill of coordonaition to play

I aggre for naxx, but Onyxia has never been a difficult fight once you knew the strategy.
    A few month before TBC was launched, Onyxia was killed by 3 lvl 60 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-5wXoKtXZ0) and you can find several topics about onyxia being 5-6 manned at lvl 60.

Back in the time of Vanilla wow, when onyxia was the end boss, the raiding experience was very different from what it has become today : your only addon was KTM, your stuff was full of wierd stats (spririt for rogues, paly, ...), there was almost no theorycrafting and you didn't spend your time on strategy guides to learn every single strat before trying a raid, which explains why the encounteres seemed difficult.

Nowadays, boss are tested on PTR by professionnal guilds weeks before the release and everyone knows what to do when the patch goes live.

This is the real difference between Vanilla and wotlk.
    And this is also why you do not really enjoy downing bosses anymore : besause people are just applying a strat.