Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: New Onyxia Difficulty

Quote Originally Posted by veemon_ro
    They should of made a movie of it then giving how no matter what buttons i would press bosses would of still went down.
    I dont pay this game to have a museum i want content.
    And if you enjoyed SIX agonising months of a craptastic instance then I can tell you a hell lot of people didn't.
    If you don't bealive me make a new topic with a poll, see how many people consider nax 80 a GOOD instamce.
    No. The burden of proof is on you. YOU make that poll.
    Acording to the devs it was brought back as a presant for the old raiders. What they brought back isn't onyxia. Its some crap boss that gives epics.
    Several people in this thread have already pointed out this isn't true. Now, I understand entirely how one can read/hear something, then months later think it meant something slightly different, but that's not actually why Ony was brought back.
    Are you telling me the majority of its costumers are unable to whipe for 2 nights? And since when do you design content based on how stupid your player base is?
    They should design content based on "if its fun" and "if its chalenging" not based on what "the average joe" can do.
    So, according to your logic, the average person (who is a customer, and pays exactly as much) should not be allowed to have fun? I'm not trying to put words in your mouth, so please correct me if I got the wrong impression, here.

(Secondarily, it's 'wipe', not 'whipe'. But I've been seeing that a lot lately.)
    I don't care what "scrubs" like you can do. But i'm sick and tired of pugable bosses. Whats the point in having a guild when you can achieve pretty much the same inside a pug.
    Dunno! I think I'm just gonna /gquit and pug yogg+0, or ToC-25 heroic. I hope I can find time for it between the 10 and 25 man Earth Wind and Fire achieves I'll be getting, too. I mean, they're SO PUGGABLE, right? ...right?
    Obviously not. Its a kids game now. Have fun playing hello kitty island adventures. I'm going to look for some games that actually require some minor skill of coordonaition to play
    I'm confused. Is your implication that WoW is becoming HKIA? Or that you leaving causes me through some previously unobserved Newtonian concept to change which game I am subscribed to also (we'll call it Newton's First Law of Nerdrage: Any nerdrage from a 'casual' provokes an equal an opposite nerdrage from a 'hardcore'. No, that sounds really stupid. Nevermind)? Or are you just a troll scrambling to find--

...crap. You are.

Well played, troll. Well played. You got me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Separate
    Maybe I can see if Exodus or Paragon have a strat on how to make girls clothes just fall off, exploiting of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by wulfen13
    There are exploits for that, but you get a long time in prison for them...

Hahahha gear? You mean the fact that ulduar gear is worse then toc gear? Yet ulduar is harder then toc?!
    Says the person who probably hasn't set foot in totgc.

On topic, Ony is pretty easy. Basic dragon rules (don't stand at the tail or in front of her face) and pick up the dragonkin adds that show up in p2 while dps aoe's the whelps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by grehkil
    Back in the time of Vanilla wow, when onyxia was the end boss, the raiding experience was very different from what it has become today : your only addon was KTM, your stuff was full of wierd stats (spririt for rogues, paly, ...), there was almost no theorycrafting and you didn't spend your time on strategy guides to learn every single strat before trying a raid, which explains why the encounteres seemed difficult.

Nowadays, boss are tested on PTR by professionnal guilds weeks before the release and everyone knows what to do when the patch goes live.

This is the real difference between Vanilla and wotlk.
    And this is also why you do not really enjoy downing bosses anymore : besause people are just applying a strat.
    I don't raid anymore, not seriously anyway, but I used to back in the days of Molten Core and even then there were elite guilds giving away strategies on their websites. Fires of Heaven had guides for nearly every MC boss for example.

People starting 25 Ony are calling out 4k+ dps only FYI. Haven't done it yet just say a pugger in trade say that.
    Krimson states...
    Clearly the correct play here is to drop acid everyday.
    Just because you can't easily overdose on acid doesn't mean that dropping 50 hits in a night won't turn you into a drooling retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaeryth
    No no no, not what they saw on WWS, what they saw on someone else's Recount that they can't bother to install but still ask for after every fight.
    People who ask for DPS reports usually have Recount installed, but they like to pretend they don't have it. Of course, they only do it when they're high on the DPS list... Usually this happens in a pug where they think they're just awesome when they top the charts with their crappy 5k dps.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

So I just spent 4 hours wiping to a boss easier then flame leviathan and with less Hp then loot reaver, and who hits easier then zul'jin...

Watching people stand in deep breath..
    Idiots run through the adds while they cast their AoE.
    Getting no heals tanking adds at by the door..
    Melee standing around, even after telling them that they could hurt her..
    Watching her with absolutely no debuffs for 5 minutes of phase 2..

How exactly is this puggable?

She is pretty easy, to be honest. People do have to pay a little bit of attention, but difficulty-wise I would put her on par with Archavon the first day he was available. Once you've done it one time (and refreshed your memory if you did it a lot @ 60), it should be easy to 1 shot her every time from then on out.

If you are having trouble downing her, here are the likely problems from what I saw in our attempts:

1) People standing too close to her tail and getting knocked into Whelps. Go back to "Fighting Dragons 101". Also, -50 dkp.
    2) Whelps in phase 2 not getting picked up early enough, or getting picked up by the wrong people. Where they enter the raid is predictable - if you are squishy, don't be there.
    3) The big adds not being picked up quick enough. They are pretty easy to kill and your tanks should have no problem picking them up and tanking them for a few seconds.
    4) People forgetting to attack Onyxia in phase 2. I admit to being too fixated on the adds in our first attempt, along with several others. If nobody attacks her, it is going to be a long fight..
    5) Deep breaths. She only did this a few times to us, and you seriously have about an hour and a half to get out of the way. We were a full-on PUG and got the achievement for nobody in the raid taking any damage from her deep breaths when we downed her.

Onyxia is as hard as Loatheb,

10+ Year Old Account

If you know the fight and pay attention, she's easy.

If you run her with a PuG who doesn't know fight, she's hard.

She is the new Sarth 0 but with more gimmicks.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I'd say its just as hard as it was at 60. If not, maybe a little easier.

;D

I think it's a lot harder than at 60, mainly due to the new add that actually hits for more than 2.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

cake walk, the only thing im a bit annoyed about is the tier design.

they should have implemented the first tier 2 designs they had, not the garbage out now :P

If anyone else here remembers the first tier 2 "place holders" /lol with me

towel heads ftw

Can someone tell me if she is still immune to explosive shot ticks. Because that's really going to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishie
    Can someone tell me if she is still immune to explosive shot ticks. Because that's really going to suck.
    I've been told she takes fire damage now, but I was affliction for the fight so I didn't check.

Ranged DPS does own for the fight, from what I can see, and big AoE is nice, too. Melee needs to learn to watch blastwave timers on the guardians, but most of us never ran the fight back at 60, and we downed her after a lolriffic hour of wiping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Separate
    Maybe I can see if Exodus or Paragon have a strat on how to make girls clothes just fall off, exploiting of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by wulfen13
    There are exploits for that, but you get a long time in prison for them...

Quote Originally Posted by KandyCane
    Personally I haven't tried her, but I'd suppose she's on pair with Ulduar/Trial of the Crusader bosses, from looking at the gear she drops.

Also, if anyone knows, has there been added a new way of avoiding the Deep Breaths, or if it's the same as the old version?
    Exactly the same just level 80 and she hits harder..

I don't think they made her challenging at all. We killed her on our first try and got the achievement to kill her under 5 minutes . And my guild did the 25 man version of it later on. Too bad i wasnt online for that .

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ammer&n=Loghan

Reading these posts makes it sound as if onyxia actually was hard.She ain't...100% same boss as lvl 60 xept dmg was tuned up on all abilities.The trash before onyxia hits harder than the boss itself (about ~20k on me i have u10 hard mode/toc10 equilevant gear).Only difference is that theres bit more whelps during air phase than before(?) and she also spawns onyxian warders during the air phase,one at a time it seemed...I was taking the whelps.

Also the loot.....

It sucks.

Reading these posts makes it sound as if onyxia actually was hard.She ain't...100% same boss as lvl 60 xept dmg was tuned up on all abilities.

Onyxia was quite a hard boss back in the day. The fact that SOME guilds killed her really fast doesn't invalidate the fact that MOST if not ALL newly started guilds had to do at least 3 days of progress on her to get her down.
    The "my guild killed her in 1 minute bullshit" only works if your guild had her on farm or it was a world top guild.

The thing is that back in the day if you weren't carefull and not top people off during flame breath you would loose people wich clearely doesn't happen now.
    You would also loose people in p3 if they stayed in the fire wich iirc took 3/4 hp from a clothie back then.

Also the loot.....
    Loot doesn't matter in wotlk. I just proved my theory by having an alt lvled in 2 weeks and beeing able to tank25 man toc wich is the end game content. Atm playing for loot is like playing for achievments. They're fun but pointless

Difficult?

We went in tonight and got 3 achievements off her first go in 10 man.

Also one shot her on 25 man without a full raid.

IMO easier than lvl 60 version

15+ Year Old Account

Onyxia was quite a hard boss back in the day. The fact that SOME guilds killed her really fast doesn't invalidate the fact that MOST if not ALL newly started guilds had to do at least 3 days of progress on her to get her down.
    What? My guild 29 manned her in a mix of ZG/AQ20/Early MC gear.

Stop having delusional thoughts. She was "challenging" - okay, I'll give you that. But she wasn't a hard boss...

Loot doesn't matter in wotlk. I just proved my theory by having an alt lvled in 2 weeks and beeing able to tank25 man toc wich is the end game content. Atm playing for loot is like playing for achievments. They're fun but pointless
    No, Trial of the Grand Crusader is the end game content.

Go do that with your "2 week geared" alt and tell me how it goes.