Thread: Threat in 3.2.2

Threat in 3.2.2

I just came back from a 2 month lay off due to my computer being difficult so I havent had a chance to test anything on the PTR. My question is, as a prot paladin, with the changes to seal of veng, righteous fury, and our spell power being determined by our strength instead of our stam is threat generation going to suffer and if so, how much?

Re: Threat in 3.2.2

The Seal of Vengeance change was a bug fix. As for the other changes, they certainly amount to a loss of threat, but I recall seeing a number of EJ posts suggesting that it won't be all that bad.

Thank you for the feed back. Looks like I'll be heading over to EJ and see if I can find any such topic.

Threat will still be higher than in 3.1 because SoV was a ~10% damage increase and RF is a ~5% aggro reduce + TbtL is only a minor nerf.
    That being said paladins were always extremely high in tps so it doesn't matter at all.

the TPS nerf will still leave paladins miles ahead of everyone. If you are really worried about threat still than get a DPS wepaon to tank with. The axe off 10man oni, tankard o terrror, and 10 man anub are all easily attained/bought.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

I was just curious as to what effect it would have. Like I said I have been away for a while and was interested in how my character would be effected.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrow_Blast
    dk\\s du moar threat then palas qq -.-
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrow_Blast
    cool pic bro!
    btw, whats on it?
    You will never know~
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

We got more than just a threat nerf in 3.2.2. I know its not that big of a deal.. I just remember the awful days of BC tankadin...Lets not head back towards that mistake again...I'm really kinda let down about this patch..

Quote Originally Posted by Willaim
    We got more than just a threat nerf in 3.2.2. I know its not that big of a deal.. I just remember the awful days of BC tankadin...Lets not head back towards that mistake again...I'm really kinda let down about this patch..
    I can say the nerfs are justified. But EH wise druids also need to be nerfed as well. We'll probably see a stamina nerf on next major patch. You shouldn't be worried about tps too much, Hand of Salvation and threat drop tools from dps is there for a reason if you think your current dps can catch you. This only concerns me about the aoe tanking packs (more than 10 mobs) since consecration is not enuf to hold dps' threat, wtb an on-demand aoe skill like shockwave, thunder-clap, howling blast, swipe. Well anyway paladins AoE tanking is more challenging (talking about lots of mobs btw not 3 or 6 packs, assume you have more than 10 mobs) but again i has no fear since even in icecrown i am pretty sure we can use holy wrath to close this gap and make our life easier.

So I was doing 11k tps straight the hole fight @ kolaron in our 25 raid.
    How? Using Grandeur and the Retri relic... had over 1800spellpower ^^

Well, I havent had a chance to get on and tank anything else since the patch, been busy past few days irl, I did do an ony10, and with consec and bombs (engi) I couldnt keep threat on anything that didnt get HotR'd to save my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    I'm not sure.
    I've been having some weird threat issues tonight.

Firstly, on Onyxia, tanking whelps. Despite them being on my consecration for well over a minute, some of them were randomly deciding to deaggro, and run onto a mage who wasn't even DPSing them.

Secondly, ToC. I'm not sure if it's a mage change, or not, but this same mage was putting out, rather consistently, similar threat to mine. Multiple times i had to tell him to back off.... and of course, he didn't listen. While i didn't let him purposely overaggro, he came far too close to it many times.

Then there's the priest shield bug. Basically, during a tank transisition on Northrend Beasts, i had a shield on me. Of course, the taunt went on, and instead of the boss going to me, he hit the priest who'd shielded me first, before returning to me.

I think there's a few bugs here, and while i will admit we needed a threat and survivability nerf (AD change brings us on par with other tanks survivability), i think the threat nerf might be bugged itself. I know it was a 10% reduction on RF, but i feel that they might have taken it a little too far and taken it down by 20-30% or so. Our threat isn't subpar, but i do feel that there's some issues that need to be patched/hotfixed.

I wasn't bothered by the nerfs. I don't want to be overpowered. But i just hope that something is bugged along the way, and that this 20-40% threat loss i've witnessed tonight isn't intentional.
    agree, i got the same problem with whelps, they just run pass consecration and whelps are acting strange, but this may also be caused from consecrations weak nature. I also think that there is really something strange about threat too.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm still pulling off Warrior's DK's and druids.

No concerns here.
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

15+ Year Old Account

Chron,

I had an issue with a mage as well. On Coren direbrew of all bosses. He pulled off, was above me, or even with me the entire fight. I thought he got a lucky string of crits, however it happened on the next summon as well and later in the night in ToC. It's the same mage all the time, and a hunter in ToC also was very close to me. He was always high in threat before the nerf, but never something I worried about. I have dropped several pieces of gear for upgrades that have caused my hit to drop to around only 2%. I know we don't need much hit as pally tanks, but I replaced 3 items that all had hit within the last few days, which lost me about 3% hit. I thought this, coupled with our RF nerf might have been the issue, but as you said, it could be a bit larger of a nerf than what was intended. I'm inclined to agree.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.