Thread: 2H Frost Tank

2H Frost Tank

Well, I was originally a Blood Tank but I was looking to try Frost tanking, and I absolutely love it. I only tank 5m heroics, and seeing as I usually run with AoE heavy friends, it has been easy enough to hold aggro fairly well... I want to switch it up a bit and was wondering if this build would be ok, or what can be changed to make it better. Thanks for the input!

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#j0eMZ...zf0buzAo0x:kTa

Re: 2H Frost Tank

looks like you picked up everything you really need.. only difference to my spec is i take your 3 points out of bladed armor and pick up endless winter for a free silence any time i need it, and hungering cold because in my mind it's a great oh shit button or even a decent way to grab threat on a lot of targets + a few seconds for your group to breathe when too many things get pulled.. been debating with lichborne and acclimation being worth it, but they are both kind of niche abilities are that's up to you.. definitely don't overlook a free silence and an AOE Frost Fever disable though, i think it might be more valuable than some extra AP

You know, I did have hungering cold however I rarely used it, and when I did, since my friends just AoE everything down (kinda annoying sometimes lmao) I never got the full benefit of it. the free silence sounds great and your right, extra AP isnt as great as I was thinking although every "cookie cutter" build has it as 4/5 or 5/5

honestly i haven't seen many frost builds at all picking up the bladed armor.. i thought about it, but again, extra AP seemed worthless to me when i've had no problems holding threat already..

here's mine : http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#j0xMZhxxxArIzczbuzAo0g

if you REALLY don't need/like hungering cold, maybe put the 1 point into scent of blood for some extra RP generation? comes down to a lot of preference, i've still been debating over getting Acclimation again somehow personally

yea I was thinking putting that extra 1 point into SoB, I'm going to try it out when realm's are back up. For glyphs, what do you recommend?

You don't want acclimation, it doesn't warrant its use since you have to:

Get hit
    Then get hit again.

Scent of blood is amazing, and should be in everyone tank spec.

Hungering cold is a good utility spell since it applies frost fever without using a frost rune, so you could:

DND -> HC -> Blood Boil -> OB*

*- you couldn't obliterate your target before.

The cooldown of HC makes it so much better in combination of Runic Power Mastery, Scent of Blood, and Chill of the Grave.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

For glyphs:

Frost Strike
    Howling Blast
    Obliterate
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

glyphs i like Frost Strike, OB, and HC.. nothin like a FREE HC
    the Howling Blast glyph seems worthless to me since a good rotation you should be getting your diseases out there with pestilence THEN hitting with your HB and BB's for big damage bonus against hitting diseased targets and faster way of getting your blood runes on cooldown for your blade barrier

also if you're getting chill of the grave, endless winter, and use the HC glyph, you have no need to spend points into runic power mastery because your generation is great and so are your savings, so the only RP you are spending is on dumping Frost Strikes and Rune Strikes into your target.. 100 RP more than enough space

as for scent of blood being in everyone's spec, also debatable.. i don't use it because of my glyph combo plus having chill of the grave i already have plenty of RP.. but it definitely is a nice talent and if i didn't pick up epidemic i probably would put the 2 points there

agreed on acclimation.. seems like a good thing in a niche, but 3 points could be spent elsewhere for more use really

Quote Originally Posted by sharkethic86
    glyphs i like Frost Strike, OB, and HC.. nothin like a FREE HC
    the Howling Blast glyph seems worthless to me since a good rotation you should be getting your diseases out there with pestilence THEN hitting with your HB and BB's for big damage bonus against hitting diseased targets and faster way of getting your blood runes on cooldown for your blade barrier
    The point of the HB glyph is to drop Blood plague from your rotation and to use HB->OB->BS->BS or DND->HB->BB for aoe. I prefer the HB glyph to maximize OB usage and fish for rime procs more.
    When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly. But now Haruko is here. That's how I know there really is a world outside.

i guess i just don't like the idea of dropping PS from my rotation because with it in there your OB's and BS's are hitting harder plus if you're getting into a tight spot and you want to swap in a DS for an OB it'll give you a fatter heal

Quote Originally Posted by sharkethic86
    i guess i just don't like the idea of dropping PS from my rotation because with it in there your OB's and BS's are hitting harder plus if you're getting into a tight spot and you want to swap in a DS for an OB it'll give you a fatter heal
    Yes its fine to roll both ways, but the reason I prefer the HB glyph also has to do with dropping IIT and IT from your spec. It allows for a lot more choices in the rest of your spec, for instance subversion which gives 9% to crit on OB, and since you have that extra FU rune per cycle your doing more OB's. Really it's a matter of personal preference though.
    When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly. But now Haruko is here. That's how I know there really is a world outside.

yea it's definitely a good point about dropping IT/IIT, which I would greatly consider if I was in a consistent 10/25 man raid setup with an enhancement shaman, although i like not having to stay in range of a totem.. but yea freeing up those points would do a lot other than you won't get the nice static attack speed buff.. gotta love frost tanking regardless <3333 .. blood & unholy are kinda fail imo