Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Recent In-Game Fixes - September 2009 - 9/22

Recent In-Game Fixes - September 2009 - 9/22
    [blizzquote author=Bornakk]Listed below are recent fixes we have applied to the game. Keep in mind that some of these changes may not be active until after the realm has been restarted.

To review previous in-game fixes, please visit: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=19110152523&sid=1

9/22/09
    • The Faction Champions encounter in the normal 10-player and normal 25-player Trial of the Crusader instances have had a number of spells and abilities altered which should result in less overall damage.
    • The Anub'arak encounter has been changed on all difficulties. Anub’arak now attacks faster, the Nerubian Burrowers should hit a little harder, and their Expose Weakness ability now caps at 9 stacks. (MMO-Champion Note : Apparently the spell now increases damage taken by 25%, down from 30% - Expose Weakness)
    • Some season 7 arena weapons will now have a socket.
    • Threat of Thassarian will now properly halve the damage of Rune Strike for the off-hand strike.
    • Soulstone Resurrection now fades upon entering raid combat if the character who cast it is not present.
    • The Idle/Inactive debuff is now cleared upon round switches in Strand of the Ancients.
    • The Mistress of Pain will now target more accurately in the 25 man Heroic Jaraxxus encounter.
    • The damage of Hunter’s Volley ability has been increased.
    [/blizzquote]

Re: Recent In-Game Fixes - September 2009 - 9/22

Soulstone Resurrection now fades upon entering raid combat if the character who cast it is not present.

hmmm why did they fix that ??? ???
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pope
    Soulstone Resurrection now fades upon entering raid combat if the character who cast it is not present.

I thought every buff fades upon entering combt if the caster is not present (hotfixed a few weeks ago?)

[blizzquote author=Bornakk]
    • Soulstone Resurrection now fades upon entering raid combat if the character who cast it is not present.
    [/blizzquote]

Well that's a good way to fix it. I wonder if they'll do the same for other buffs later?
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Iselian
    [blizzquote author=Bornakk]
    [/blizzquote]

Well that's a good way to fix it. I wonder if they'll do the same for other buffs later?
    finally a stop to those exploiters that used to have an army of warlocks outside the instance for soulstones

Thank God they nerfed faction champs, that was just a pain in the ass if everyone wasn't 100% on point.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Quote Originally Posted by Pope

I'm sure Paragon is crying in their plates of salmon already.
    Quote Originally Posted by MashTehKeyz View Post
    I sent Kil'jaeden an eMail bout an hour ago and let him know he can find Exodar on google earth and he replied "thnkx bro ima go blow it up now k?" but just now he sent back "pshaw its empty cept of < lvl 6 Draenei scrubs whatsa point /sad demon face. ttyl bff <3 KJ.

Why the hell they buffed Anub'arak though? Its kinda stupid imo...Especially on hard mode he is a PAIN...too bad we didn't went there before the fight...damn u blizzard!
    Why?

Who let the dog's out?! Whooo!!!

Seriously... Anub buff??? In Heroic the adds do a shit ton of damage to a tank as is unless they wear a massive shield block set.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Somebody know wich?

Quote Originally Posted by Aviana
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Somebody know wich?
    2Handers I'd assume.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagnaphein
    Why the hell they buffed Anub'arak though? Its kinda stupid imo...Especially on hard mode he is a PAIN...too bad we didn't went there before the fight...damn u blizzard!
    They might want to prevent guilds from being done with ToC tribute chest loot before IC.

Oh now you're QQ:ing about PvE being too hard

The buff to anub'arak and the nerf to FoK and heart strike is probably to make guilds use more creative tactics to killing him in heroic. Like maybe forcing them to burrow or something like kiting them somehow. I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelos
    Oh now you're QQ:ing about PvE being too hard
    beat me to it :-\

Quote Originally Posted by Kentukyfried
    Thank God they nerfed faction champs, that was just a pain in the ass if everyone wasn't 100% on point.
    They nerfed it because some Combos of the champions just made it impossible if you did not have good a PVP group

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    • The Anub'arak encounter has been changed on all difficulties. Anub’arak now attacks faster, the Nerubian Burrowers should hit a little harder, and their Expose Weakness ability now caps at 9 stacks. (MMO-Champion Note : Apparently the spell now increases damage taken by 25%, down from 30% - Expose Weakness)
    W'll see if a Blocktank now can tank all 4 adds after the buff :/

Those Anub'arak changes seem to even out actually. Yes it SEEMS like a buff, but think of it this way:
    - Limit the stacks from Burrowers to 9...can be a big help, especially if you're having issues when going from phase 2 to 3.
    - MMOC notes that the damage increase has been nerfed on their debuff, another help.

To make up for it, the physical damage they do was increased. Now the damage is more predictable and less spikey.

Anub might also do a little less damage with each attack, which would solve the huge spikes you get on a badly timed Freezing Slash without reducing overall damage dealt, can't be sure though.

The add debuff will cap at 225% instead of 300% if the MMO note is true, so overall they will probably not deal more damage than before, but simply negating all their damage through block should be much less viable.

IMO this falls into the "change" category rather than "buff", difficulty should be the same but encouraging more well balanced raids and strategies. Sucks for those using a block tank for all 4 adds.

Deleted

Can you say Bye Bye Paragon world firsts?
    GiGGIDY!