Guardian Spirit vs Ardent Defender

So my question is, what is the behaviour of game when you get a killing blow while you have a Guardian Spirit on and AD off cd? Both or 1 of them get consumed? Never been in such a situation, and wondered about it a little. If you have a combat log about this, would love to see it.

Re: Guardian Spirit vs Ardent Defender

My MT is a Prot Paladin. While I dont' have a combat log, I do have repeat witnesses (including myself) of AD proc'ing with Guardian Spirit staying on. Thankfully, I have a 60 second cooldown if it falls off, so I'm not screwed out of a 3 minute cooldown to save his ass.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I am protection paladin. Guardian spirit saved my ass without proccing AD cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    My MT is a Prot Paladin. While I dont' have a combat log, I do have repeat witnesses (including myself) of AD proc'ing with Guardian Spirit staying on. Thankfully, I have a 60 second cooldown if it falls off, so I'm not screwed out of a 3 minute cooldown to save his ass.
    I'd guess it's random, as I seem to remember it going the other way for me. Might be remembering wrong though.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

I'll see if I can post a combat log tomorrow. But for now? Bed time.

I saw or at least remeber that sometimes AD procced first and another time GS procced first ...

only once both procced ... AD first then the massive overkill got substracted from the 30% and it procced GS ... and afterwrads I was dead ... but as most of the time ... last man standing ... stupid you can't just die on a whipe ...

no first death wont kill you ... sometimes not even the second -.-
    Welcome to the Internet, where the men are men, the women are men, the children are police officers, everyone is correct all of the time, even when they're wrong, and where opinions are more valid the more insults and swear words you include with them.

no log to show but it's true. AD procs first and does not consume guardian spirit.

if AD consumes first meaning this is a really good combination since you may get a few (or more) seconds of benefit from GS's healing bonus as well. thanks for answers.

15+ Year Old Account

So it seems we have answers from both sides saying it works both ways. Thats retarded. Especially if they are both consumed, as one person said. We need to get a definitive answer on this, and find out what its "intended" to do and what it actually does, when in this situation.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

I have never seen AD proc before Guardian Spirit but I suppose its possible. As for both proc'ing at once, I have never seen that either. That may have been a bug or an incorrect combat log parse.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account

Personally, I would like Guardian Spirit to be the one that is first used. Mainly because it brings you back to a higher HP, allowing your healers more room to catch up. Secondly, because its something the preist has to use, and if their CD was blown and not consumed it kinda fucks them.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    Secondly, because its something the preist has to use, and if their CD was blown and not consumed it kinda fucks them.
    Not really - for as long as the CD stays up you keep the +40% healing, and if glyphed then the CD drops by 2mins if it's not consumed. You can argue it either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    Personally, I would like Guardian Spirit to be the one that is first used. Mainly because it brings you back to a higher HP, allowing your healers more room to catch up. Secondly, because its something the preist has to use, and if their CD was blown and not consumed it kinda fucks them.
    If you get low now, and one of them procs to save your ass, you better have healing incoming or you're going to die again anyways. Personally, the priest one is better to not be used first. Three reasons: One, if it's not used, and it's glyphed (like it should be, best Holy glyph in the game at the moment), if it falls off without proc'ing, its cooldown is reset to 1 minute from that point.

2. If it stays on, you keep the increased 40% healing intake, which I believe applies to Ardent Defender's proc as well.
    3. The only reason you'd like to use up their cooldown instead of yours is to keep your on demand for whenever. Generally, the better rule is the one that's got the shorter cooldown should go first so it's back up again sooner. Keeping your passive AD gives one benefit of if you're randomly about to get instagibbed by tanking 3 adds in 25-Anub'arak. But even then, if you're going into near death that frequently, nothing's going to be able to save you at that point.

AD being used first is better. Cast GS for the big hits and leave it at that.