Thread: Onyxia Trinket

15+ Year Old Account

Onyxia Trinket

The tank trinket from Onyxia is pretty sweet. I'm trying to decide its worth. Currently I am using the Scarab from ToC25 and the Black heart. I'm not getting rid of the Scarab.

So http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47216 or http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/49487/p...lood-talisman/

I'm leaning towards the Onyxia Trinket. So much parry. A ton of defense, not that I need but is the best tank stat. And, ofc, the HP5 cant be beat.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Re: Onyxia Trinket

100hp5

a stat so good they removed it from 99% of gear because people with hp5 would be so over powered.
    "Distant headlights, desolate highway."

Almost thought you were serious about this until i read this:
    And, ofc, the HP5 cant be beat.
    internet > irony

I think the trinket is really good for addtanking anub25 hc - when you dont want too much stamina because of the leeching and lost a good amount of avoidance while wearing t7.5 pieces -.-

But i lost the roll yesterday does the same head drop in 10man mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Agathon

But i lost the roll yesterday does the same head drop in 10man mode?
    The quest item is the same from both 10 and 25 man.

this trinket is the best avoidance trinket in the game atm. ignoring the hp5, rest of stats are great. in my current gear it is giving 1.74% parry, 0.40% dodge, 0.56% block, 0.29% miss; total of ~2.50% avoidance + ~0.50% block (ratingbuster stats). current ilvl245 fervor of the frostborn is giving around 1.95% dodge and a weak cd.

on the other hand this trinket is giving me around ~0.9% total dmg reduction, where as its EH value is 0. where as glyph of indomitability is giving around ~0.6% total dmg reduction and its EH value is 4643.87, where as satrina trinket is giving around 6216.73EH with no TDR (calculations based on tankspot - calculator, and based on "my" gear so it may not be accurate for you). its worth is only that it is the best avoidance trinket where you want to minimize the incoming dmg (like some1 said anub adds, still BV is king for that)

Quote Originally Posted by cappytoi
    current ilvl245 fervor of the frostborn is giving around 1.95% dodge and a weak cd.
    Considering that I'd only use Avoidance trinkets against fast hitters (algalon/thorim) or aoe bosses like anub's adds, the 7000 armor will be up rather fast and give a decent amount of damage reduction -> it is a rather decent cd.

I know I won't be getting the Ony Trinket anytime soon. 2 stamina trinkets is still going to be best in slot. I'm already swimming with so much defense on my gear, anymore wouldn't be beneficial in the slightest. Stacking stamina is still the best way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    Considering that I'd only use Avoidance trinkets against fast hitters (algalon/thorim) or aoe bosses like anub's adds, the 7000 armor will be up rather fast and give a decent amount of damage reduction -> it is a rather decent cd.
    yep, on dw bosses and aoe packs it is useful, a bit situational though.

Quote Originally Posted by cappytoi
    yep, on dw bosses and aoe packs it is useful, a bit situational though.
    Again: Those bosses are the only ones where an Avoidance trinket is useful and on those encounters the use effect shines -> Fervor > Onyxia Talisman