15+ Year Old Account

Mixology, how much more?

Hi people...

I have searched for quite some time for something telling me how much more stat you get from your flasks while having [Mixology]. I did find something, but that was for before patch 3.2 = not actual. I only need for Flask of the Frost Wyrm and Flask of Pure Mojo.

Re: Mixology, how much more?

do math

15+ Year Old Account

That is really the worst thing you could answer. "do math"

I can't see what I have to do when the tooltip says "...increased effect...". Yeah, hmm... increased effect is everything between 0 and unlimitied, so I think I can do the math, right.

Last time i checked it (onyxia wasn't available so any further changes might make my claim obsolete) it was 36 more spell power for the frost wyrm one.

Dot like there's no tomorrow.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by noobadrood
    Last time i checked it (onyxia wasn't available so any further changes might make my claim obsolete) it was 36 more spell power for the frost wyrm one.
    its 46 not 36.

Flask of the Frost Wyrm: Alchemists gain an additional +37 SP.

Flask of Pure Mojo: An Alchemist gains an additional 13 mp5.

taken off WoW.com, though it could be outdated info =/

36 more spellpower is an increase of 28.8%, would be more logic if it was 30%, that would be 162,5 spellpower so 37/38 more.

if you'd continue on that line of ~30% the 45mp5*1.3 = 58.5 = 13.5mp5 more

Tested in 3.2 Flask of the Frost Wyrm now gives 172 SP for a bonus of 47.
    Flask of Pure mojo should now give 65 mp5 with Mixology (45 --> 65) to equal 2 epic gems.

^from wowhead's comment sections, take it for what it is.

Deleted

Does it matter, you get something extra..what more do you need to know?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac
    Does it matter, you get something extra..what more do you need to know?
    Whether it's then worth taking over another proffesion?

alchemy is best for healer.

JC is best for a DPS, but with the nerf to JC ( has to match socketcolor now) everything is on parr .. its all good.. exept for mining(unless ur a tank) & herbing ofc

1. Make sure you are unbuffed.
    2. Write down your stats.
    3. Drink a flask.
    4. Write down your stats.

Stats(2) - Stats(4) = x

Quote Originally Posted by Pythias
    alchemy is best for healer.

JC is best for a DPS, but with the nerf to JC ( has to match socketcolor now) everything is on parr .. its all good.. exept for mining(unless ur a tank) & herbing ofc
    I'm actually fairly certain that JC is superior for pretty much all classes, unless they changed it since 3.1. Extremely few healers (at least not Paladins, Priests or Druids, I'm not extremely familiar with Shamans) ever gem for mp5, we'll rather go for Spellpower, Intellect or Spirit (in the case of Druids, I should think).

All flasks give you a bonus that is close to 2 epic gems worth of that stat (based off of blacksmithing).

For Relentless Assault, you get 2 gems of straight ap. If you're a strength user, then you get boned in a sense in that you lose out on bonus ap from strength if you are not already a blacksmith.

Also the flask of the north gives you this bonus, without having a flask active. So you can see it there.

Except for the Mp5 and Health. Which actually sucks a lot, here's hoping this won't be overlooked in Cataclysm, and the return of a mana flask would be very welcome..

15+ Year Old Account

actually like the double duration most of all. It's a goldsaver but most of all I don't have to reflask more than once during a raid and that's lovely.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Flask of the Frost Wyrm gives 162 SP. A 29.6% increase over the base of 125 SP.

Quote Originally Posted by dextermorgan
    1. Make sure you are unbuffed.
    2. Write down your stats.
    3. Drink a flask.
    4. Write down your stats.

Stats(2) - Stats(4) = x
    5. take a look at talents

You shouldn't calculate it as % of Flasks' effect.

It's just buff that make it equal to other proffessions' buff:
    2 ring enchants +46 SP
    2 BS sockets +46 SP
    3 JC epic gems +48 SP

From http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47499#comments as of 7/21/09. The poster uses AP as an example.

Blizzard has been working to balance the primary professions as much as possible, and has come very close for most of them. In fact from my research the only professions that are not in line ( Jewelcrafting and Tailoring ) are actually more powerful when compared to the rest. I did not compare them to engineering however because the bonuses gained from it are of a much more subjective value and almost impossible to quantify directly. ( Also I want to tell all JC to stop complaining about the change in 3.2, gems losing prismatic quality is hardly reason to declare jewelcrafting as completely destroyed, your bonus is actually a little higher then most and is the highest of the fixed stat bonuses XD )

Enchanting 40 AP Enchant Ring - Assault + 40 AP Enchant Ring - Assault + 180 AP Flask of Endless Rage = 260 AP
    Enchanting (Arena): 40 AP Enchant Ring - Assault + 40 AP Enchant Ring - Assault = 80 AP

Blacksmithing: 40 AP Socket Bracer ( Bright Cardinal Ruby ) + 40 AP Socket Gloves ( Bright Cardinal Ruby ) + 180 AP Flask of Endless Rage = 260 AP
    Blacksmithing (Arena): 40 AP Socket Bracer ( Bright Cardinal Ruby ) + 40 AP Socket Gloves ( Bright Cardinal Ruby ) = 80 AP

Inscription: 80 AP Master's Inscription of the Axe ( Note: Taking into account Greater Inscription of the Axe ) + 180 AP Flask of Endless Rage = 260 AP
    Inscription (Arena): 80 AP Master's Inscription of the Axe = 80 AP

Leatherworking: 80 AP Fur Lining - Attack Power ( Note: Taking into account Enchant Bracers- Greater Assault ) + 180 AP Flask of Endless Rage = 260 AP
    Leatherworking (Arena):80 AP Fur Lining - Attack Power = 80 AP

Jewelcrafting: 28 AP Bright Dragon's Eye ( Note: Taking into account Bright Cardinal Ruby ) + 28 AP Bright Dragon's Eye + 28 AP Bright Dragon's Eye +180 AP Flask of Endless Rage = 264
    Jewelcrafting (Arena): 28 AP Bright Dragon's Eye + 28 AP Bright Dragon's Eye + 28 AP Bright Dragon's Eye = 84 AP

Tailoring: Equivalent Approx. 133 AP Swordguard Embroidery (Note: 25% proc rate, 45 second ICD) + 180 AP Flask of Endless Rage = Approx. 313 AP
    Tailoring (Arena): Equivalent Approx. 133 AP Swordguard Embroidery = Approx. 133 AP

Tailoring Note: actual value may be lower depending on class and cloak enchant ( Example: 22 agility on rogue/shaman/cat druid = 22 AP )

Alchemy: 180 AP Flask of Endless Rage + 80 AP Mixology = 260 AP
    Alchemy (Arena) 80 AP Flask of the North = 80 AP