Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: [Shadow Priest] Reign of the Dead (ilvl245)?

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    So giving Illustration of the Dragonsoul to say, a druid healer, who'll use it for 1-2 encounters in the game, is better than a Shadowpriest who'll use it for every single fight for the next 3 tiers of dungeons?
    IDS is one of the best trinkets for resto druids. Druids are possibly the healing class with least mana problems, as such they can afford to invest in more healing power rather than mana regen, at least for trinkets. And even with trinkets, one power trinket and a mana trinket go great together. My druid has been using both dragon trinkets very happily ever since she started raiding up to Ulduar, and if she ever has luck on a nice new trinket dropping, it wont necessarily be ISD that she banks.

Reign is awesome for spriests and I cant wait to get one to replace EoBM and pair with ISD.

I have it aswell, at currently ~25% crit / 300 haste and 3k spellpower it averages ~2.6 - 3% of my total dmg in the meters. Plus the additional 150 spellpower from the start on. It is indeed a very good trinket !!! Yeah, MF procs it, so its basically up most of the time. Our guild mage manages usually 3% of total dmg and nothing below but also not much higher than this. Without MF it would be shit, but as MF can proc it, it's quite great in a raid with high crit values!!!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by spf
    Number of crits on 14 Mimi hard tries:
    Destro lock 900
    Fire mage 1487
    Fire mage 1693
    Ele shammy 1539
    Me 2061 (incl dots)

->Fire mage benefits most, destro lock least
    Destro locks like me is getting bullid by Blizzard. tho this would rly rly suck for an affli lock if someone is stupid enough to be one in pve :O

Quote Originally Posted by Drarion
    Destro locks like me is getting bullid by Blizzard. tho this would rly rly suck for an affli lock if someone is stupid enough to be one in pve :O
    I'd say boomkins would be up there and by that small sample ele shammys are decently close as well.

Still a great trinket for spriests, sure other classes might get some more benefit out of it but it's still BiS for spriests and they have every right to roll for it as well.

For me procs almost as much as it can...MF ticks, MB, initial DP, a spriest is almost constantly casting, 2 secs is a pretty long time to get a crit (30% crit rating means 1 MF of 2.44 secs almost guaranteed has the proc). I wudn't say its better for a mage or whatsoever... shud proc almost equally for destro's, boomkins, spriests and ele shammys...3% dps i'd say...if it's 3.1 for a spriest and 3.4 for a mage shudn't make that big of a deal....

The two and four piece set bonuses of T9 really help with this trinket a lot. Extra time on VT means more time to mind flay, and the increased crit from the four piece is the icing on the cake. So much hit on T9 head, gloves, pants will allow you to get plenty of crit on all your other pieces of gear.

From the big list of gear on shadowpriest.com it is BIS and i think Dragon soul is still #2 so yes it is an upgrade and and it BIS for many classes. roll on it and let the trinkets go to where they are going to go. but the spell power is the big stat for us the proc just pushes it over the edge of the other trinkets

The two second rule applies only to the first charge after releasing a Pillar of Flame. That's assuming it works like the Lightning Capacitor. So, a single chain lightning can in theory Proc a Pillar of Flame.

Quote Originally Posted by Misdeed
    The two second rule applies only to the first charge after releasing a Pillar of Flame. That's assuming it works like the Lightning Capacitor. So, a single chain lightning can in theory Proc a Pillar of Flame.
    As far as I know this is not correct. On my boomkin, my Starfires are just under 2 sec cast time (too much haste right now), and under eclipse I have 98% crit chance. I don't always get a mote of flame every cast. I know that an arcane mage with >800 haste also has the same problem, back-to-back crits do not give 2 charges.