[Holy] Anomalous Info From Rawr?

Currently Rawr (v2.2.19) is showing my Conqueror's Aegis Headpiece as being better than the 232, 245, and 258 tier 9 holy helms. Doing a brief stat comparison on Wowhead shows a gain of 6 Int, 5 Crit, and 12 Haste between the 232 tier 9 and my tier 8.5 helm. Why on earth would Rawr be telling me it's BiS?

Additionally, it's showing my T8.5 chest as being better than all of the T9 counterparts. This is the out-of-the-box behavior I'm seeing from it (new Windows install, no old versions on here). Is there some setting I need to be changing in Rawr to get some logical results or what?

Re: [Holy] Anomalous Info From Rawr?

Check for set boni. I'm not familiar with holy set boni but it could be that rawr values your t8 head higher because it'll complete your 2p or 4p bonus.
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

is the set bonus for your t8 amazing?
    i have no idea cause i havent recently read it(play a warrior >.>) but if it is that could be why
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

It's not horrible, but it's in no way life changing...

I would also say that it is a set bonus thing.....try changing out all of your T8 at once for T9 and see if that gives you a much higher number or not.

Quote Originally Posted by BDF
    I would also say that it is a set bonus thing.....try changing out all of your T8 at once for T9 and see if that gives you a much higher number or not.
    Thanks for your help; that fixed it. I recently got new non-set legs from ToC and put them on, which broke my 8.5 4pc. When I loaded Rawr up, everything looked like it should have.

Edit: Well, it only half fixed it. It still puts T8.5 items ahead for my shoulders and legs because it's trying to complete my 4pc bonus. Is there some way to tell Rawr not to do this?

10+ Year Old Account

Item level of gear doesn't really make a difference. Bring the player.

I am totally joking. WoW = 90% gear, 10% skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Healadin2.0
    Item level of gear doesn't really make a difference. Bring the player.

I am totally joking. WoW = 90% gear, 10% skill.
    That does really have any bearing on the point of the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by bolivar
    Well, it only half fixed it. It still puts T8.5 items ahead for my shoulders and legs because it's trying to complete my 4pc bonus. Is there some way to tell Rawr not to do this?
    Probably not without intentionally trying to gear in a sub-optimal manner. It sounds like Rawr is telling you that the set bonus is worth more than the item level difference until you have another bonus of note. Last I checked 2p T9 is.... bad... really bad. Remember that the 4p T8 basically increases the effect of your Sacred Shield by 30%. Run a mod that estimates absorbs and then take a hard look at if you should drop the 4p bonus considering the 2p on T9 does uh... nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    Probably not without intentionally trying to gear in a sub-optimal manner. It sounds like Rawr is telling you that the set bonus is worth more than the item level difference until you have another bonus of note. Last I checked 2p T9 is.... bad... really bad. Remember that the 4p T8 basically increases the effect of your Sacred Shield by 30%. Run a mod that estimates absorbs and then take a hard look at if you should drop the 4p bonus considering the 2p on T9 does uh... nothing.
    I agree and understand that the 8.5 4pc is a good bonus. I also agree and understand that our tier 9 bonuses suck for the most part. What I'm trying to find is when it will be beneficial to break the 8.5 4pc and use 245 non-set epics.

I really think it would be mate. Just keep it around because you may need it in some fights like Vezax Hardmode. Other than that, go random ToC 25 drops.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

once you get 2-3 offset ilvl245 pieces, break that set bonus.

People use Rawr to evaluate Holy Paladin gear sets?

The 245+ T9 pieces are far better than the 8.5 set in every way, except 8.5's 2pc is better. It's not worth keeping though.

10+ Year Old Account

I made an account just to post on this thread.

Why do people insist that the Holy Tier 9 2 piece set bonus is horrible and doesn't do anything? Effectively, the set bonus allows you to keep your judgments up on 2 mobs at the same time. Sometimes being the only paladin in the raid, mine would be the only judgment going out. For bosses like Twin Val'kyrs, I can put up a judgment on both twins and then alternate to keep judgments up on both mobs for the entire fight. With the raid damage going on to everyone during that fight, everyone benefiting from JoL is pretty good.

Judgement lasts for 20 seconds normally, with a 10 second cooldown. With my elite math skills, i have determined if you were the absolutely only paladin in the raid, you could still keep JoL up on both twins.

The set bonus is still mediocre, an extra 10 seconds would give you 3 targets possible to have JoL up on, or less cooldowns to spend on judgements.

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis
    I made an account just to post on this thread.

Why do people insist that the Holy Tier 9 2 piece set bonus is horrible and doesn't do anything? Effectively, the set bonus allows you to keep your judgments up on 2 mobs at the same time. Sometimes being the only paladin in the raid, mine would be the only judgment going out. For bosses like Twin Val'kyrs, I can put up a judgment on both twins and then alternate to keep judgments up on both mobs for the entire fight. With the raid damage going on to everyone during that fight, everyone benefiting from JoL is pretty good.
    Well, it's horrible when looking at 25-man raids. Most 25-mans will have at least two raiding paladins. I would venture to guess that most would have 3. While it might be "usable" for a minority of situations, it's by no means exceptional and provides pretty mediocre utility.