Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Auction House Guide, Vanish Bugs, Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    People really have to realize that I'm not stupid, I know how popular my website is (and it's probably more popular than what you think ) and I know the market will crash because of that.

The problem is, right now, 0.1% of the playerbase is making money just because they found the right mod or the right guide. It's been going for years and I figured it might be a good idea to make it even for everyone instead of just exploiting the same mods again and again.

But yeah, I'm not stupid, I know I killed the market on most of the servers for a few weeks, it will eventually come back to normal as soon as people forget this post ....
    In my opinion u help nobody sry. poor ppl will lose in the next weeks their money and get poorer trying to make money like u posted in your guide and ppl with money will find another way to make money maybee also on the cost of the 99,9% u tryed to help

In before the QQ...oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Mju
    Nothing against Equality, think over do you think his guide works if ALL PPL try to make money on this way? There are allready enough guides like this one out there in the internet everyone who really wanted to find one was able to find one. I see only the Problem in the fact that when a popular site like mmo champ posts sutch a guide it really will hard influence the economy of all servers
    Yeah, I've thought it over, but thanks for the tip. At the very worst, making this information so widely available permanently undermines these ways of abusing the economy to generate gold. This'll no doubt open other avenues for savvy players to screw over those with less business acumen, but hopefully players like Boubouille will continue to counter this trend by posting updated information on how it works.

All this guide has done is level the playing field somewhat, so that more people are able to take advantage in the quirks in the trends of WoW economies. That's a move towards taking the power held by a very few and spreading it around to more people - that is, it's a move towards greater equality. Naturally, I expect the more right-wing Americans amongst us to scream COMMUNISM while they desperately scrabble to horde as much wealth for their own personal gain as possible... just before they tell us how important equality is.
    Generation 29:
    The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Very nice guide However, I reckon most players who are serious about earning in-game gold already are very familiar with using their crafting professions, the AH, and Auctioneer/QA2, to do so.

But now a lot of WoW players have got some of the gold earning methods served on a silver plate. I am sure lots of them will give this a try. Some will see relative successs, while others will find there are too much competition.

Even then, the "casual" gold earners will soon find themselves lagging behind again. Simply because it takes ongoing efforts to keep a gold earning business successful. Crafting and AH work require quite some time. It also takes time to stay current on the different item groups' cycles of high/lows for selling/buying. Patches do introduce changes which people will need to be prepared for. The list goes on... and time and efforts are needed. Something many are not prepared to invest. They would rather spend their time raiding or doing PvP.

The smart ones will always be ahead. Possibly the OP did stock up his banks with Cobalt/Saronite ore and eternals before making this post public? ;D I wont be surprised to see the prices of these go up today...

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Our servers enchanting supplies were already controlled by 3 people. It's fucking idiotic tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Deng
    Everything they are not happy with they change in the api, not banning people that use it (and they changed it many times with addons that allowed auto-combat, auto-run via specific route or decursive for the extreme examples). That's the general policy In short again: there are no bannable addons as for now.
    I can't say I know if they ban people using those addons though, I've never heard of it, but I know it's possible to make addons against Blizzards philosophy of "the player has to push the buttons"

Sigh auction house will be pointless for weeks then...thanks...

A guide that makes the guide worthless, most impressive.
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

Quote Originally Posted by talrob

Sigh it must be so awful to be you, no more chance to milk saps for practically free gold.

I'm thinking that the intent of posting the guide was to undermine these methods of milking the AH. In which case, yeah, it is pretty impressive except without the weak sarcasm.
    Generation 29:
    The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by talrob

Not when you read between the lines and think "what will the masses do?"
    Feral4Life since 2005
    cpu: Intel i9-9900K mobo: ASUS Maximus XI Extreme
    cooling: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro gpu: ASUS RTX-2080 Ti
    ssd: Samsung 970Pro, 960 Evo, 860 Evo sound: sadly onboard
    case: Silverstone Fortress 2 Limited Edition (WRI) (I love that beauty)
    ram: 32G G.Skill 3200 C14 display: ACER X27 (G-Sync HDR IPS)

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz
    Our servers enchanting supplies were already controlled by 3 people. It's fucking idiotic tbh.
    I'm sitting heavily on the enchanting mats market, not because it's all nice and lots of profit - but because it's a by-product from my main business. Yes I'm selling the the dusts and essences dirt cheap and yes people are angry with me for this, but it's what keeps the market saturated and the alternative for me is vendoring them.

most stuff just tripeled in price eternals and leather already :/

Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    most stuff just tripeled in price eternals and leather already :/
    What? people are actually selling stuff for it's real worth? omg!

It's pretty much the same as people who sell stuff for less money than the vendor price... ridiculous...

Grats on making the guide... let the QQ keep flowing :P

very nice guide, i'll try the auctioneer/quick autions combo for sure.
    http://i36.tinypic.com/20a9aib.png

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Just did a quick check at Auction House for fun by the thoughts of this post.

20x[Borean Leather] - 11g.
    20x[Cobalt Ore] - 49g.

/moan
    -.-

All this guide is really going to accomplish is, by making certain things more common knowledge, increase the floor value of raw materials like cobalt and borean leather, and/or possibly decrease the value of enchanting materials. Not that that's a bad thing for gatherers, but within 24 hours this guide won't really be of use to anyone, assuming at least 20 other people on your server read MMO Champion regularly...a pretty safe bet. :P

A few of these already don't work on my server. Eternal air is 20g and dream shards are 12g, so even though saronite ore is 65s, that particular item is a loss to turn saronite into shards due to the 4g price of 2 crystalized air. I'm sure NONE of them will work on my server by mid-week due to prices readjusting to the new common knowledge.

Goddamn it Bou.. Really no reason for you to go and tell the whole world! Do you have any idea of how much this will fuck up?

GJ.. Not.

It's amusing to see all the QQ about the WoW economy ruined by one new gold-making guides posted on top of the hundreds that are already available. Sure, there might be a few new players who try it out for a few days, but after a week most people are back to their old patterns. Humans are creates of habit and it does take some discipline and structure to set up and run this kind of gold-making schemes efficiently. I would claim any idiot in WoW can make huge amounts of gold by simply spending the time in game, the interesting part is your gold/hour rate.

Surely you will earn gold by following these guides, but remember they are still very mainstream and well documented, open to everyone and a bit tedious. The biggest gold earning opportunities in terms of gold/hour are still within interfaction trading (because people can't be arsed), controlling supply by moving upstream and sign up the bigtime farmers (because people don't think of it) and capitalising on the natural variations that are always there on prices over the timeline (because most traders are sitting with Auctioneer which fails bigtime at giving you good timeline data). And of course the biggest opportunity of them all is when Blizzard launches a new patch which brings the market out of its equilibrium. Make sure you always think outside of the box, make sure you are the one defining the rules for a particular market instead of just confining yourself to the norm.

One example of patch changes being profitable on top of your regular trading maneuvers is the Crusader Orbs becoming BoE in 3.2.2. Here is one example on how to make quick gold at zero risk: You notice the Crusader Orb prices are 725 gold and 1050 gold on alliance and horde factions, respectively. You type WTS 4x [Crusader Orb] in the horde trade chat. You instantly find someone during peak hours eager to craft their bracers and negotiate the price to 975 gold/orb. You tell the buyer you will fetch the orbs from an alt and will be right back. Buy the orbs on the alliance side and transfer them to your horde character in about 60-90 seconds. (Yes, easily done if you know how to with multiple accounts, a clever mod/macro setup and fast loading times.) Sell them to the buyer without any auction fees. That's about 250x4 = 1000 gold profit with zero risk and a 5 minute investment just by using an opportunity that is sitting right there.

i bet Boubouille bought out the AH the last few days and especialy this morning to make sure he made max profit before posting this tho lol

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

I don't think the telling of how to do this will have much effect on realm AH's. Probably only 10% (at most) of people who read this are actually going to try to do it, and even a smaller percent will stick with it and succeed at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flixe
    Goddamn it Bou.. Really no reason for you to go and tell the whole world! Do you have any idea of how much this will fuck up?

GJ.. Not.
    Haha.

I guess Boub does have a little American in him because he only gave away his secrets AFTER making his fortune, now nobody else will be able to follow his path, kinda smart really...lol