Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Auction House Guide, Vanish Bugs, Comics

Quote Originally Posted by duffybarracuda
    @Boubouille

Ok, u are an AH camper asshole ok...but why the hell u showed it to everybody ;D ???

For many people wow is economic game too, its funny to find markets and play on them...people like u destroy this game.
    I ll never visit MMO again for this article.

I can only play on evenings and i am glad that i could made over 300k...that will end after this article i will get countered all day long and i can only hope that this gold i worked hard for, will be worth something after the inflation that will come now....

- thx to Boubouille you are realy a big asshole you helped nobody and just destroyed the fun for many people.

So much lolz.

One reason why this guide won' work is because some realms has been in the status you guys are saying "ruined" for months...on icecrown US Alliance side for example, for the past several months borean leather is around 15-20 g a stack, green gems (like chalcedony and bloodstone) are always 5-6 g each, and colbalt ores/bars are more expensive than saronite. So yeah this guide won't work much on my realm lol.

Still though - this won't be wholesale adopted because it still takes a bit of economics nous, as well as some startup capitol to invest in raw mats (if you don't have a gatherer).

And even if you do have a gatherer, once again, this is not the "quickest way to make money". It is actually pretty time consuming for both crafting+de'ing. Not to mention the AH camping for maximum profits (re-posting after undercuts).

The easiest way, and the way that most people make obscene amounts of money, is to simply quit assuming people are as smart as you.

WoW idiots (through ignorance or impatience) make people thousands of gold everyday.

Good thing I make more than enough money with intelligent gem cutting.

People who bitch about how their market is ruined still don't understand how the market works. In a few weeks, the casuals are still poor (because they lack the stamina to invest the time needed over a longer period) and the smart people have always other ways to rip them off anyway. Mat prices are also going to stabilize lower again once the dumb masses realize that you can't make gold this way now everybody knows how to do it:

The more people you have, the bigger is the chance that there's at least one moron who brutally undercuts the established prices so much that there isn't much profit left - not because the player is malignant or cares the for the masses, but they're just plain stupid.

All in all, it was nothing more than a massive trolling:

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    The problem is, right now, 0.1% of the playerbase is making money just because they found the right mod or the right guide. It's been going for years and I figured it might be a good idea to make it even for everyone instead of just exploiting the same mods again and again.

Boub bought out all the cobalt, borean leather, eternal shadow, etc. for weeks on his server before posting this guide, imo. Good job, Boub. ;D

I love it!

Seriously.

*Edit, read the guide and learn the principles behind what he is doing, because those principles will still be very valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Burner

what the f*ck have you been smoking kid?
    On some servers, borean leather, cobalt, etc. doesn't sell for beans. If people start to apply the principles in this article on those servers, farming those mats will start making money again. i.e. all the below-vendor-price items will be gone and prices will have raised across the board.

I could be wrong though. Maybe I'm just not seeing the big picture here?

in addition I recommend postal.

easy opening of hundreds of mails
    Time waits for no one.
    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

Quote Originally Posted by alt
    Boub bought out all the cobalt, borean leather, eternal shadow, etc. for weeks on his server before posting this guide, imo. Good job, Boub. ;D
    i really really hope this isn't true.

crap, last night I made 2 auctions of cobalt bars, 1 of 20 bars another for 10 both of which had a 2g per unit buyout price

Quote Originally Posted by Burner

what the f*ck have you been smoking kid?
    borean leather

Lol not a single eternal shadow is on the Stormrage US ah, and the eternal earths have all gone up about 2g per. I used to be one of the people to de low quality jc items, but now there's no gems on the ah either!

Smart, pioneering people who want to take advantage of this post will control the price and supply of Borean Leather and Cobalt Ore on their servers...

Quote Originally Posted by Alexavia
    On some servers, borean leather, cobalt, etc. doesn't sell for beans. If people start to apply the principles in this article on those servers, farming those mats will start making money again. i.e. all the below-vendor-price items will be gone and prices will have raised across the board.

I could be wrong though. Maybe I'm just not seeing the big picture here?
    I believe you're quite right. The whole idea behind a gathering profession is to make money from it (and supplying a tradeskill with mats), however when you don't earn anything anymore because the AH prices are too low and there is an abundance of your goods, something like this is needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    I'd ride for the sole fact that its a huge cock. It'd be hilarious.

TBH, if I were Boubouille I'd be a little faltered seeing as I could destroy an entire economy with a few paragraphs.

Not sure what you are all whining about. Lots of money is no particular use anyway (unless you you live in the Peoples Republic of China). I'm stuck on 10k g and have nothing to do with it. It's there if I need it for gemming and enchants other than that is just gathers dust.

So everyone is buying eternals and gems, making jewelcrafting crap, disenchanting it and selling scrolls in the AH?

It's time to craft and sell some Vellums!
    "Holy bananas Ghostcrawler, ferals are doing well in pvp again!"

"What!? To the nerfmobile!"

Guess it's time to stop using the AH for a few months. :/
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

you should also bump this right before new raids/patch/pvp seasons are put out as well or at least make note of it. that should really make people happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen
    It's time to craft and sell some Vellums!
    ding ding ding. we got a winner.