Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Auction House Guide, Vanish Bugs, Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Pumps
    No its not.
    uhm, there are addons that do that de'ing thing. i can confirm that.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by MadDark

I can create 113.447g with dailys onley, in 7 Weeks... On EATCH lvl 80 Character i have ;D
    Onley 2 houers MAX, on eatch character. I wan't to do dailys one. Eatch day ^^ That is it.

It is ONLEY 11.552,75g less then what you made ^^ Boubouille

But still nice Guide If you wan't to make gold fast

My eyes....they burn!

Everything I say is absolute. If you disagree, you're a communist.

None of those are allowed, but quite possible with the current state of the wow lua-api.
    If its possible with the wow-api, and does not give cross-faction communication. Then it's allowed.

Anyway, to my original posting intent:
    So i read this guide, was quite happy with looking at those risk-free investments, go to my nearest auction house and what do i see? Borean Leather going for 60 silvers and Cobalt Ore for 2g each. My server's economy is horrible D:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

I am pretty sure I have a better understanding of what Blizzard does and does not allow as do the interface sites. If they didn't want an addon it wouldn't be publicly released.

Nonetheless, peoples complaints are amusing to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Oystersauce
    All this guide has done is level the playing field somewhat, so that
    Hardly since it doesn't make sense.

He writes "Change the Treshold price to the materials price of the enchantment, in this case 4 x Dream Shard (20G each) and Abyss Crystal (50G each) will set your treshold to 280G."

20x4+50 = 130 not 280
    I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

Quote Originally Posted by hvidgaard
    I can't say I know if they ban people using those addons though, I've never heard of it, but I know it's possible to make addons against Blizzards philosophy of "the player has to push the buttons"
    And then they change the API so the addons break. Not ban people.
    I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

Nice guide.

None of these methods will make any serious gold, and showing how to make gold using these techniques to everyone will just devalue these particular methods.

Nice for me though, the ways i make gold will inevitably increase value since everyone will be doing what this guide says

Interesting read. I strongly question your motivation for posting this guide, but whatever, your call. As usual with most "how to maek gold omgz" guides, it misses all the very best money makers, and the guide's very existence ensures that no one will be able to make a profit from your tips for the immediate future. But hey, that's all well and good as long as you're already rich, right?

Did you seriously think this was going to help anyone make money? It will prevent a few of the elite AH jockeys from making as large a profit as before, but it's not going to help your average AH user at all. Once the secret is out on a particular money maker, it's no longer valuable. You haven't "helped" anyone, in fact, you've severely hurt any player trying to level enchanting, blacksmithing, engineering, or jewelcrafting by driving up the prices on all their leveling mats. You need to learn a bit about economics, methinks.

Not that this'll affect me much. Low population servers already have completed whacked out economies, and this won't affect things for me one iota, especially since, as I mentioned, there are considerably better money makers than using Auctioneer to try and mine the auction house.

ugh...

well, at least Boub didn't include the "mean" ways to make a profit off the AH

(Profanity, removed)

so much qq about posting this AH knowledge. Knowledge doesn't belong to anyone unless your the only one that knows it.
    "Remember, There's no such thing as a stupid question until you ask it"

10+ Year Old Account

i hate you boub, today the price on cobalt and borean leather doubled on my server compared to yesterday :<

Quote Originally Posted by carlos5577
    ....Knowledge doesn't belong to anyone unless your the only one that knows it.
    /Golfclap for saying the exact reason why people may not like this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Golgolath
    Interesting read. I strongly question your motivation for posting this guide, but whatever, your call. As usual with most "how to maek gold omgz" guides, it misses all the very best money makers, and the guide's very existence ensures that no one will be able to make a profit from your tips for the immediate future. But hey, that's all well and good as long as you're already rich, right?

Did you seriously think this was going to help anyone make money? It will prevent a few of the elite AH jockeys from making as large a profit as before, but it's not going to help your average AH user at all. Once the secret is out on a particular money maker, it's no longer valuable. You haven't "helped" anyone, in fact, you've severely hurt any player trying to level enchanting, blacksmithing, engineering, or jewelcrafting by driving up the prices on all their leveling mats. You need to learn a bit about economics, methinks.

Not that this'll affect me much. Low population servers already have completed whacked out economies, and this won't affect things for me one iota, especially since, as I mentioned, there are considerably better money makers than using Auctioneer to try and mine the auction house.
    next time reinforce your thoughts before sounding smart. Example: answer why it ruins the economy instead of just saying it ruins the economy and also explain why this guide wont work instead of just saying it wont work.
    "Remember, There's no such thing as a stupid question until you ask it"

People that are QQing about this post make me LOL.

The only way to "make" gold is by looting mobs and quest rewards.
    The AH only "moves" it. Which means it's coming from somebody else. All this post is going to do is balance the server economy, which was his original intent. There will still be just as much gold per server and as much coming in as usual. Maybe less since people might give up daily grinding to try to play the AH.

If you wanna make a profit you have to rip somebody else off. :P Economics 101.

You're all just pissed people will be more aware that they're being ripped off now.

Booo, thanks for screwing over the smart players.

Just by posting this guide, literally thousands more people are going to be doing this now, which in essence completely screws this guide over.

You'll notice the prices for a lot of this stuff will go up preventing people from buying mats, crafting stuff, selling to vendor for profit and even buying items at cheap and selling back to vendor for profit.

It's good advice and a good guide, I won't take that away from you, but you seriously just screwed people over that have been doing this for a long time thus reducing the amount of profit made prior to this guide :-\.

Ignore Golgolath, obviously doesn't know what he's talking about, as a lot of the stuff in your guide is great "get money quick" stuff.

I transferred servers on one of my toons, neglected to give him money prior to the transfer [shut up.] Once I realized this, I did about 1/2 the things mentioned in the guide and made 1,500g in 1 day.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumps
    Hardly since it doesn't make sense.

He writes "Change the Treshold price to the materials price of the enchantment, in this case 4 x Dream Shard (20G each) and Abyss Crystal (50G each) will set your treshold to 280G."

20x4+50 = 130 not 280
    Powerful Stats requires 4 Dream Shards and 4 Abyss Crystals fyi. Even if he listed it as "4x Dream Shard and Abyss Crystal" did not mean "4 Dream Shards and a single Abyss Crystal".

20x4 + 50x4 = 280 not 130
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Nice guide
    Bad for me

So do it now for all profs then its fair or do i have to start buying gold from goldsellers now and get banned for doing it ???

Great guide would work for me if only my servers economy didn't suck =[
    Quote Originally Posted by Lascer
    I don't always drink tears, but when i do, i prefer undead's.

Stay feared my friends.

All you old time AH players, especially those of you claiming to have been raking in gold hand over fist for months / years, need to chil out. This guid is great a well written bit on easy ways to make big bucks, BUT it's all marketed on the idea of a lax AH and easy server economy.

What this guide will do is, it will wreck the markets. Borean leather / cobalt ore prices are going to rocket up so every single batch is above the guide threshold value making collecting and mass DEing prohibitively expensive. On the other side disenchanted materials are going to stagnate as a fresh surge of DEed crap pours in from thousands upon thousands of players eager to try out the new tactics.

Results, both new and old AH farmers are going to take pay cuts and suffer gold decreases. The good thing is old school AH traders are going to know how profitable the tools really are and despite the down turn are likely to stick with the program even through it's poor performance (possible net loss). The new comers, however, are going to be severely disappointed. In many cases they dropped old professions, lvled up one of the most expensive and time consuming profession in the game, invested time in learning and following a new program and ended up poorer than when they started. After that big of a let down I doubt many follow up on the system.

So you old time players, you may see 10 times more competition in the short term but within a few weeks it will be down to 2x the volume and probably by the end of the year markets will have stabilized and if your still dedicated the money is still there. It's not hard to do it just takes a bit of preparation and daily effort, sadly that's more than the majority of WoW players care for.

In the end it takes a special type of person to amass huge gold vaults most people don't want to put the effort in simply because after 30-45k gold having bulging pockets doesn’t really do that much for ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBorne
    mongoloid?! wtf is that, you sound like a festeezio(see i can make up words too)