Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Auction House Guide, Vanish Bugs, Comics

Quote Originally Posted by wowman
    SO.... lemme get this straight. They are nerfing rogues because they are finally fixing a talent that was never working in the first place?

I thought exactly the same when I read it. Hopefully they intend to improve vanish and not just fix it. Otherwise it makes no sense at all just fixing vanish so it works like it supposed to and then nerf something else.

drama?
    so many posts in one day about the worlds economy crashing and so on?
    Nice guide, very hard to come around. Figures how many of thous who read this that really bothers to try it? Maybe i will the day that i need some cash, but i dont play wow for a big number in my bank and i think that is a common state. Relax, let the prices settle and everything will get back to normal where some make billions and some need to kill mobs to get food. Like in the real world really

Again nice guide, these normally cost touchable money to come around.

could you make a sticky of this post plz

You're such a moron for doing this, seriously. It's not like the information wasn't there for people to find it if they wanted a piece of the pie. I hope you won't post the inscription part and ruin that too, it's already screwed up on most servers now.
    Also, you fail to understand that the people that are hitting the gold cap with the addons and experience of the market won't be affected by this very much, instead, this will be a blow to the people who just want to get some fast cash for raid consumables/repairs or a few gems and wouldn't do dailies or grind.

Le sigh.

:

Something i think alot of posters fail to understand is that even though prices will more than likely rise in the short term due to what has been posted, the prices will fall down eventually, possibly below what prices were a few days ago and then stabilize. Basically due to the post the demand for commonly traded goods like enchanting mats, leather, eternals, etc, will rise due to increased demand. To counter this people will farm those materials that have increased in price to make a profit, this in turn will increase both the supply of the goods as well as the demand. In the next few weeks when this 'hype' will die down so will demand, meaning supply will more than likely be higher than normal, and what does that mean? Means that since supply is higher than demand the prices will fall until eventually the previous equilibrium(prices/quantity sold) is once again in place.

In short - wont affect AH in the long term.
    Priest - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Weenalol
    Druid - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Weenah
    DK - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jubei%27Thos&n=Weenalol

The hilarity in this post is how individual philosophies and political views become so apparent.

WoW AH as an allegory for universal health care anyone?

Explain to me the logic behind how this guide serves equality and "levels the playing field". To my knowledge everyone that can use a computer essentially has the same set of abilities (opposable thumbs, literacy, brain power to some extent....).

Given that I start out with reasonably the same amount, also known as equal, of power at my disposal as the next guy, why is it called equality when he did nothing to achieve something I used my resources to acquire?

This blows me away that something I figured out on my own and researched over 5 years of playing is being ruined in the name of "equality".

Every man is born equal... after the doctor smacks you, you're on your own.

I understand the leveling the playing field thing to an extent. However, you need to understand the impact posting something like this would have, especially when it is on a site as frequented as this one. For example, cobalt ore on my server usually sells for around 50s-1g per, less than a day after this guide was posted the lowest listed price is 6g per bar. same goes for most gems and enchanting materials.

Look! What is the big problem - honestly? Some of you are facerolling Boubouille for what? Something that you can easily find out yourself by using 10seconds on the net using google.

Get off your high horses guys!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    They're all going to move to Inscription next week anyway. ^^
    I think I'm going to stack a lot of herbs now..

Well, this explains why all my saronite has been selling like hot cakes, guess this mean time to farm more ore and make a crap ton of money!

Quote Originally Posted by hvidgaard
    But I can promise you that without addons like QA, commodities will be much much more expensive than they are curently. Imagine an economy where glyphs generally are 100g if on the AH at all, epic gems 300-400g (again if on the AH at all) and the list continues. Those addons are what keep the big auctioneers sane, and thus goods on the AH at a reasonable price.
    Great point!

I've always used Auctioneer but I've never used QA and I look forward to using it because I could never sell a glyph unless I undercut everyone by 50% to the point where all the QA'rs under auto repost, so I haven't even bothered to sell glyphs. I made loads of money with just selling Armor Vellum III to all the enchanters. I buy a few stacks of herbs for 60g then sell a stack of AVIII for at least double.

Though some people are just plain stupid with their reposting... like with my leatherworking I see this guy on one server that posts like 10 leg enchants at once like every couple days... and they never sell, because he's always overpriced... and I'm like wow how do you have the money to waste on just posting those items??! They cost like 5g each to post!

I say this from the bottom of my heart Bobouille, THANK YOU!.
    My auctions are rocketed sky-high atm!
    I had pretty nice income before this, but hell, now it's ridiculous =P

I was too lazy to learn those addons, so I did this manually before.
    I had auctioneer long time ago, but then I got fed-up with it due all the bugs and shit, so I never installed it again.
    Encouraged by your post, I tried it again and I must say it has improved a lot.
    Also that quick auctions 2 is completely new for me, but I'm already loving it!

Ofcourse I had to drop down these tactics you described abowe, but it doesn't matter. I have plenty of other sources for money =)

I can't wait to see what you have in your backpocket for Inscription. I have pretty strong idea what it may be, but we'll see.
    I hope I'm right, I'm going to be rich as hell soon if you keep posting these guides ;D ;D

I hope next guide after Inscription will be alchemy <3

I would love to see an AH goldguide for Alchemists.

People really have to realize that I'm not stupid, I know how popular my website is (and it's probably more popular than what you think ) and I know the market will crash because of that.
    You're going to make more money off this than anyone... probably gonna have a mil by the end of it :P

Deleted

People really have to realize that I'm not stupid, I know how popular my website is (and it's probably more popular than what you think ) and I know the market will crash because of that.

The problem is, right now, 0.1% of the playerbase is making money just because they found the right mod or the right guide. It's been going for years and I figured it might be a good idea to make it even for everyone instead of just exploiting the same mods again and again.
    No offense, but it's the 0.1% that actually deserves it. I doubt this will affect the wealth distribution as much as you think/hope.

Thanks for the guide! not because its any good but because it tells people what to buy, now i can sell all my ore, leather, weeds, eternals for huge profits to the idiots that will blindly follow this guide. Ive bad 4 k gold from selling eternals alone, they used to go for 6 gold and now are going for 20 gold.

Hey,

I cant seem to use the "Cancel" feature on the auctioneer ... it just gives me an error and nothing happens. (its suppose to cancel all auctions that i have been out bidded on?)..

Anyway i have reinstalled it and im gona try disabling the other auction addon to see if that helps but i just wanted to ask if anyone else was having this problem?

It's funny tho how he justified it by wanting to "even the playing field" but when you read this thread you can see pretty easy you just shifted that 0,1 around(you part of the new 0,1% bou?) to those that can be assed to farm ore/leather and sell it to the sheep that blindly follow this guide. You did't even anything out as you might have noticed....

Next week comes inscription?
    Haha, prepare herbs and some ink and get rich by your followers ;D

besides, a nice source for inscription ppl is also http://greedygoblin.blogspot.com

The problem is, right now, 0.1% of the playerbase is making money just because they found the right mod or the right guide. It's been going for years and I figured it might be a good idea to make it even for everyone instead of just exploiting the same mods again and again.

someone else feels the dubble morale in this one? tells everyone that its wrong to use the addons or guides to make earn easy gold, and then use them urself to make 120k gold. ??? ??? and then tell everyone about it so that no one can make profit from it anymore =/ thats just lame