Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Auction House Guide, Vanish Bugs, Comics

I bet Boubouille has been collection ores/leathers for past few months for basicly free :P Now that markets are all ruined hes harvesting another 125kg :P

@Shiikarii: And it wouldn't be a bad thing, I don't really see why a few people who know how to use an addon should have an insane advantage over people who don't ... Addons should be a way to help the player just like in raids, not an I-Win button for instant and infinite gold.
    Just like you did for months?

lol at the useless guide

i made 100k off JC/Inscription in the first month of wotlk and it only took me 1 hour a day to put the stuffs into the a/h.

And recently epic gem patch..i made another 60-80k just from stock piling titanium ore..

Good guide, except blogs like Warcraftecon.net and Greedy goblin have been talking about all of these methods for months now and most people that have half a brain have moved on to more lucrative methods.

The reason this is a "who cares" issue (as mentioned before) is that 50% of the people that read it here for the first time are going to go off and try it and absolutely fail because they lack business acumen and the other 50% will fail because they are both lazy and incompetent. There's more to it than simply reading a few paragraphs and it's going to simply fleece the gold out of people that never worked the AH before. My server's raw mats on all of these things shot up by 50% last night. People don't know there's also a thing called supply and demand, so you're going to see the market flooded with overpriced stuff and a limited quantity of buyers. Enter people like me with stockpiles of this stuff that will undercut you into the poorhouse because prices will correct themselves, they always do in any free market society.

Unlike the QQers here, I've been rich forever and I make the majority of my gold off emerging methods, not from methods that have been used since Wrath release (which 100% of these are from JC/DE method to the mods used). If you are using these methods for the first time ever, congrats on being almost a year behind. To be wealthy in this game takes work, ingenuity, experimentation, and drive; just like anything else. If you bore easily, then this isn't for you. If the thought of having several hundred thousand gold at your disposal isn't a driving force, then these methods will be your flavor of the month and you'll be back to grinding the faily-dailies.

I look forward to seeing the glyph guide, especially the part about taking 3 months to get all the glyphs worth making. But I definitely appreciate the short term profit blitz off these people.

Love this guide. Not to use it, but to exploit morons who just took the advice at face value.

After this guide, Borean Leather shot up to like 70 silver on my server. I put up a 20 stack at 70s each totally thinking I would be eating that cost, and it sold in like an hour!

Much love to the OP.

TLDR version: Don't be dumb.

----------------------------------

I find it amusing about all this talk about "destroying" server economies. What's there to destroy? Your goods will not disappear, the auction house will not bankrupt and cease to exist. If anything, the guide will introduce more "Goods Converters" to all realms.

To (overly) simplify things, all players can become one or more of the following roles in the WoW virtual market:

A. Material Supplier -- those with gathering professions produce mats
    B. Goods Converter -- those with crafting professions that convert mats into goods
    C. Consumer -- everyone consumes goods at some point...

On most realms, Suppliers & Consumers greatly out-number Converters. Suppliers can only drive the price of raw material down because it's a supply role. Consumers can only drive the price of goods up because it's a demand role. Consumers, given the choice and sufficient information will always go to the Converter charging the least for their service of converting materials --> goods. The Converter decides what is fair compensation for the time spent in acquiring that particular skill, if fewer people have your skill, then you could charge more.

In a perfectly efficient world, Suppliers & Converters generate the same income at the same rate (gold per hour). If it's more profitable for you to be another role, you change roles, creating a balance.

For example:
    Supplier farms 500 cloth/hr (enough to make 5 cloaks) -- sells cloth for 5000g
    Converter finds 5 cloak buyers/hr -- charges 1000g each for crafting

---------------------
    In the WoW virtual market where information on how much another player makes is not readily available, you can't make that informed decision to change professions to maximize your gold/hr. Guides like these shed light on the 'best kept secrets' of a few Converters and maybe some Suppliers will switch roles for good (most probably find it too much hassle to play the market).

In the event of some supposedly "game-changing" guide being published, true innovators will find ways to be ahead of the pack and stand to make a lot of money (those of you that rushed off to buy materials before everyone else). Their profit is not balanced in terms of gold/hr compared with the average player, but it is their reward for being smarter than the average player.

Play smart.

Couldnt agree with Idletime more. Im the furthest from stupid, but lazy as all fuck and despite the opportunity to be that rich, i could care less. And im just one of millions out there just like this, despite the shit being right in our face, we lack the time and motivation to even start doing stuff like this. Yes it will mess up the economy and he says he knew that, but how are u messing up an economy where only .01% are rich like that...
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/Board3r24/Sig.jpg
    (Sig too large)

well.. this guide, especially when posted here, affected OUR server (a german rpg server) extremely! the prices now are unaffordably high for all the leather and ore and enchanting materials are cheaper than ever before.. thanks for ruining the market more than it ever was..

You know that when you go from 60-80 you earn about ~3500g? You don't need 40,000.

This guide will not work on my server because: enchant mat prices are abysmally low and demand for them are even lower. There are times where vendoring the green yields more gold then disenchanting it.

And 2, no one buys scrolls on this server. Even if you put them up for 1/4 their mat price no one buys. Maybe there aren't enough min/maxers on this server to care about enchanting. Progression on this server is pretty horrible. And I think people are still accustomed to begging an enchanter to enchant for them so they don't look for scrolls. Also, there are probably way too many enchanters on this server flooding the market with mats. >_<

Not to mention, this requires *3* expensive professions leveled. Unless you go about begging guildmates.

well.. this guide, especially when posted here, affected OUR server (a german rpg server) extremely! the prices now are unaffordably high for all the leather and ore and enchanting materials are cheaper than ever before.. thanks for ruining the market more than it ever was..
    LOL! I bet boub had a stash of leather and ores ready when he posted this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokchop
    Not to mention, this requires *3* expensive professions leveled. Unless you go about begging guildmates.
    They are expensive to level, but not that bad. A little farming isn't too hard to do to collect all the mats needed. I'd say maybe 4-5 hours for Enchanting and maybe 6-7 for Jewelcrafting. Not to mention the time it would take to acquire the most desired patterns and designs.

It's funny though that MMO-C has the power to manipulate all servers. Now this site posts some decent gold making ideas that almost everyone in the know is already using. They also post strategies and ideas for boss fights from time to time as well, evening out the playing field. Free markets are a bitch when unregulated, the prices are determined by the laws of Supply and Demand. But the information was widely available all along through simple Google searches, which boggles the mind. People were too lazy to seek them out and get the information on their own rather than just read this one site to be spoon fed the information. Good luck to all of you, you're going to need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Oystersauce
    Naturally, I expect the more right-wing Americans amongst us to scream COMMUNISM while they desperately scrabble to horde as much wealth for their own personal gain as possible... just before they tell us how important equality is.
    This only proves that you know diddley squat about right-wing Americans. This sharing of information in a free market society is exactly what we strive for. The nimble minded will adapt and the market will be made stronger as a result. Communism would be where I take the gold you already worked hard to get and give it to somebody else. Giving you no say in the matter and removing all your motivation to excel.

/proud Right Wing American 1st post

In case anyone is still confused about elf evolution, I drew a picture:

Thanks for detailing out my money making secret jackass.

I am a Hunter - This made me die a little inside...

The price actually went from 36g to 13g on Stormscale EU.

You've single-handedly brought the second biggest economic depression of mankind upon us.

i must say, i come mmochampions everyday since many years ago and i never posted but i really need to post this time because this was probably the worst thing you have done in years.
    you managed to ruin the economy of servers totally and now most of the dumb people know how to make gold with auction house, people NEED to learn for themselves.
    you know that you probably have millions of people reading your site everyday so why the hell you posted this on main page?

is it just me but like 30 mins fter this was posted my ah on my server was clear of cobalt and borean and then liek 30 mins later they whewre reposted at 35g a stack for borean.... and 29g a stack for cobalt guys if you are interested in playing the ah DONT GO TO FROSTMOURNE OR JUBEITHOS.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Look, I think all the people who qualify as "idiots who are gonna try this and ruin the WoW economy" aren't gonna have the patience to read and understand this.
    I'm not an idiot, or at least I don't consider myself one, and it took a few moments of thought to try and comprehend some of the more complex methods that he was explaining.
    Plus most idiots don't have access to all the high level professions that are required because idiots are... well, idiots.

yep...typical setup guide to make gold....yet i just got a three day ban for 'exploiting the economy'. Sorry i was smart enough to make a little gold...

I love the people who are posting here about people having to work things out for themselves and the idiots who will now use this to try and make money. Are you unable to think of new and more inventive ways to make money? Are you so reliant on this process to make your money? Who are the idiots now?

I'm not an AH farmer at all. However, anybody with 1/2 a brain was going to realise that cobalt and borean leather was going to rise as soon as this went out. The thing that doesn't change is that you will still get the same price for crafting the items mentioned when selling them to a vendor. I still see a prime opportunity to make money here - without worrying about the economy. And possibly even making more money than mentioned. It is guaranteed that the economy will settle down over time - there are other ways to make money in the meantime. But nah, lets QQ about the guide and that we can't use our tried and true methods anymore. I can't think out of the box and need to have everything my own way...

I read about 1/2 the responses here - but I want to know what these AH people use their gold for? I don't see any reason to have 127K gold and maintain that level. Unless of course you are selling it...

I would also love to see the look on the AH Farmers faces who don't follow MMO. They'd be like 'wtf? The prices have gone crazy!!!!"

This is brilliant.

Well i for one, am saving up for the CHANCE that a spectral tiger goes on the AH, so i can blow my 100k on it...and you know what? It will be WORTH IT!